Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

Good morning everybody, @Emeraldgreen that pig roast sounds like a blast.

7 Likes

Was in Lowe’s last week. Big signs— Father’s Day sale!!! On all these materials for home projects.
I thought to myself, what would the reaction be if you did a big sale on cleaning supplies and vacuum cleaners for mother’s days! Pretty sure I’d become part of the yard

7 Likes

Just call me the hamburgler because imma dress up in a McDonald’s outfit and run up and steal a leg lmfao

6 Likes

This guy does a great job also :drooling_face::drooling_face:

5 Likes

The father’s day sales are the worst sales of the year on tools. Everybody that doesn’t know better thinks they are about to hook dad up on the cheap. It’s diabolical really.

4 Likes

Hey guys and gals! Hope you’re day has been amazing!
:v:

6 Likes

Hey @MoBilly lovin that new profile picture!

4 Likes

One of my favorite jokes is to say,

My dad had to take out a second mortgage on the house to pay for his full height snap on tool chest

2 Likes

It’s funny because it’s almost true, with those prices

2 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if that was the truth! My wives little brother works as a automotive detailer/painter and his dumbass dropped $3500 (x amount taken from his check weekly) on a snap on tool chest and a bunch of tools but then complains hes always broke. With snap on your literally buying it for the name brand. Don’t get me wrong there is always a proper tool for the job and im not saying they don’t have very nice specialty tools but id also rather buy and break 9 wrenches from harbor freight with a amazing return guarantee than even 1 from snap on because odds are I’ll break that snap on and not have enough to get another one and go buy a harbor freight wrench to fill it’s spot. I don’t buy any name brand tools really. Shit I don’t even buy impact sockets lmao. Call me cheap I’ll own it but I’ll NEVER buy snap on when I can get the same thing without a major markup for cheaper and it’s functions the exact same

3 Likes

Bro you’re gonna hate me poking a hole in your logic but

Part of why snap on is so expensive is if you break it, you get a new one free

2 Likes

I guess you don’t have a harbor freight in Canada? You can weld shit on the wrenches and then take it back and be like yeah idk what happened and get a new one

2 Likes

We don’t

I’m just saying like

If you break your snap on tool you don’t pay for a new one. You give it to your snap on guy and he replaces it

Lifetime warranty

1 Like

Harbor freight you get a 90 day warranty like no questions asked on hand tools. Thing is how many tools are you gonna go thru in your lifetime? Exactly why I said I’ll buy and break 9 harbor freight wrenches before buying 1 snap on. Price is probably the same for 9 off brand vs 1 snap on lol

1 Like

Oh I agree dude trust me, for the most

I’m just saying if you’re gonna work in a shop some of their tools are worth it

90% of people don’t need snap on or the cost. It’s steep like you said

Guy at jiffy lube got a nice strap wrench it had this really nice coating on the strap for grip

They also had cordless impact wrenches that would snap your tire studs if run the wrong way

But that’s cause we used that stuff all the time, it’s a business not a home tool

3 Likes

I just feel like businesses got super greedy and made in USA is a cash grab anymore and not a big thing. Like I promise you if I had to choose snap on or Chinese tools I’d go Chinese tools and bitch all day before I spent a penny with snap on. The saying prepare your strap on before you go to the snap off truck rings true when you look at the price tag. Just bend over and wait for the man lmfao. Ok I’m done no more ranting

1 Like

Lol trust me I get it

But I do wish I could’ve shown you those impact wrenches in person

And then we could’ve stolen them

1 Like

Lmfao I’m looking at the Milwaukee insider impact wrench right now. The price they want for it is absurd but man it’s sweet. Grainger and matco had a $400 markup smh. Home depot is ironically the cheapest place to buy it

What you gonna use it for? Just general upgrade?

1 Like

I agree @HighTilliDie I do alot of renovations on my house work on my vehicles and buy alot of harbor freight stuff, but if time was money and made a living using these tools I would buy a better grade tool with out a doubt.

3 Likes