Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

I definitely find it interesting. Takeshi Kitano did a lot of good movies (sonatine, outrage trilogy, zatoichi) and the first 2 (or 4?) are about the Japanese yakuza. Zatoichi, well, that’s just about Zatoichi lol.

3 Likes

Fun fact about A Bronx Tale:

It was actually adapted from an autobiographical one-man play by Chazz Palminteri!

2 Likes

Readers might recognize Takeshi Kitano from Takeshi’s Castle, or dubbed as Vic Romano from mXc over here

Edit: also was crazy to find out Mexican cartels like El chapo etc were making peace deals with the Mexican government and the cia

2 Likes

Morning @Emeraldgreen and the rest!

4 Likes

Good morning @MoBilly hope you’re well

3 Likes

Finer than frogs hair split five ways! Thanks.
Hope you can say the same.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: maybe 3 ways

3 Likes

That’ll do then. One more toke and you’ll be right there with me.
:v:t3::grin::+1:t3:

4 Likes

I’ve seen your tokes!! I’ll be holding the couch down :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

It’s too hot to do anything else outside and I didn’t want my couch to float around the house. What else could I do but toke up and hold down the couch?
:rofl:

4 Likes

It cooled off a bit here, but I know how you feel. Gotta try and move the window AC unit from the shed into the house (I live on the upper floor, so I have to carry it up the stairs) and then figure out where to set it up in the living room.

Gonna get hot again on monday

3 Likes

I have a new 100w led light set up and going 24h to help some plants along, and it sure is putting out a bit of heat on top of everything else. Not as bad as HID but I definitely need that AC to cool the grow so I can do work.

3 Likes

I’m sold on the portable AC units. There’s a specific one we’ve bought two of from woot for a great price. Next time I see one I’ll link it.

Even the UPS man who delivered the first one mentioned he had one and it was the GOAT :goat:

2 Likes

I do like the portables but I did a bit of reading recently

On top of not being able to refill the refrigerant usually, if you get an one hose one, it’s inefficient because it sucks air from where it is (not directly from where it blows cool air, but from the room where you’re using it, so same deal) to exhaust the heat outside. I’ve read that I should basically add a hose and box made to fit the input, so it sucks air in from outside to make hot to blow back out.

Window units don’t have this problem as the radiator or whatever it is, rests outside the window.

2 Likes

It’s worked quite nicely so far so don’t get me wrong, I like my portable unit. Just frustrated that there’s no way to refill the refrigerant without buying some sort of aftermarket kit to puncture a line.

1 Like

So my options are, clean it, and add the 2nd hose. Window unit is gonna cool a different area and it was a beast when I used it.

2 Likes

Definitely clean them periodically. It makes a huge difference in cooling.
Same thing with cleaning fan blades and air movement

3 Likes

@SmokinJoeMGF is trying to get rid of some equipment

have a bunch of used 600 and 320 watt led drivers, HLG saber led bars, anden 210 dehumidifiers, an ultra trimmer 2000

No idea what he’s asking just wanted to spread the word

5 Likes

Try Hells Angels Kingdom Come

2 Likes

Just saw an advertisement for Angie’s List. Every time I hear of Angie’s List I want to start Mike’s List.
Mike’s List would be for contractors to review customer :rofl:

4 Likes