Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

You definitely need to open it up. We open up whenever possible

1 Like

I agree. Fresh air is key.
I’ve made the mistake of forgetting to vent my little hoop house before work and came home to a completely torched crop of veggie babies. I almost did it again last year, lol

2 Likes

The one whole faceside opens up …
I thought I’d be doing harm mixing 50 degree weather with the jungle like environment in there …
20 pepper plants we planted …actually put felt down in this one as well …going to try and find a rototiller tomorrow …welds and piping separated from the previous unit right as I finished one hoop house :rofl:

2 Likes

We fried two trays of zinnias not opening it up.
The air exchange will get rid of that humidity in 15 minutes

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ll just crack mine like a foot when I leave for work. It can prevent catastrophe. I totally learned the hard way. Hell, it was probably like 150° in there and 100% RH when I ran and opened it. As soon as I pulled in the driveway that day, I looked over and immediately knew I’d effd up. Lol, i guess the best lessons are often learned in the hardest of ways! :joy:

3 Likes

If you go the cat route make sure its a Junkyard Cat & name him Agent Jack Meower.
7ukju7xvxwf81

3 Likes

And make sure to get him some kitten mittens for inclement weather! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Of course, otherwise the rats will hear him coming. Kitten Mittens = Ninja Mode
200w (2)

2 Likes

No feeling like the feeling of knowing that you fucked up!

2 Likes

I don’t think you could grow in them without venting. They get super hot :hot_face:
We can’t use a cat because of his dogs!

2 Likes

True that! Is that sinking feeling in your gut…

1 Like

My bird dogs will eat kitties too, lol.
Use the dogs! They can be mousers. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Might I ask what the details of this method might be?:grinning:

1 Like

Here ya go @Ghgrower

5 Likes

Thanks @HeadyBearAdventures. Wow, so just placed on top of the castings?? Interesting

1 Like

I’ve previously read this by JP also. Though I have yet to try it. I think he swears by it.
I’m old school with a damp paper towel on a plate in an unsealed ziploc on my cable box, lol.

2 Likes

That is what I am like also. Paper towels all the way. I tried it and like it.

1 Like

So far everyone that has tried it now also swears by it!

2 Likes

Bandaid haze ix I’m pretty sure

Crippy collection escaping my basement! Give them bigger pots tomorrow. @OriginalDankmaster96

18 Likes

The B has the potential to be a real commercial producer for your fields o green :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes