Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

Papaya bomb clone I put out April 1

@LoveDaAutos

16 Likes

Froot by the foot getting closer

14 Likes

damn you arentlying they are getting close , these cold night still i bet are helping them ripen up nicely

4 Likes

What a crazy world we live in now! Getting ready to crop before the end of July with no light dep ! Right on EG, best of luck with them!:+1::+1:

6 Likes

It’s definitely a crazy world. I’m having more learning experience with this hoop house.

No fans small grow bags have been challenging. Thank you @Kami @Budderton

11 Likes

Dug these up and replaced with non auto flowering plants.

Taking them home to hangout with that male I found. Making lemonade :grin:

11 Likes

Could use some input on this.

I’m thinking cal/mag deficiency possibly fungal problem. 3 gallon grow bags which I’m sure are nutrient depleted. It gets hot in the hoop house and we have no fans. The only air movement is wind coming in the sides and ends. We recently dug the pond out we use for watering and kicked up a ton of sediment.
All thoughts welcome

2 Likes

I agree with your diagnosis. But would add…
Have you seen any bugs?

2 Likes

I’m sure that bugs are there. I’ve seen cutworms few aphids and a bunch of stuff I don’t know. I’ll inspect for smaller ones Thursday when I get back.
Probably just spray insecticidal soap as a measure to get them to finish

The white spots make me think thrips.
What I circled I believe is an aphid.

2 Likes

Yeeaa! More to do! They would probably have a population explosion in the heat in there.
Everything was cruising along until a couple days ago. It looked like it was fading as it finished and than a bunch of dead spots in 2-3 days

1 Like

Water down heavy with a few treatments of BTI and put DE on every dry surface!

1 Like

Bti? I’m not sure what this is

1 Like

Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis
It’s a good bacteria. I use this
download.jpeg-3

2 Likes

Hardware store carry this?

Yup.
I’ve bought online, at True Value, Wally world, and I think ACE. Most garden stores should have it also.

3 Likes

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it

2 Likes

Just picked this up. You just sprinkle on top of your medium or put in water as a drench?

2 Likes

You can work some into your soil surface and water. But I make a tea-like brine with it(letting it sit for up to 24hrs). That way it’s already active. Then do a good drench. :wink:

2 Likes

Some froot by the foot update pictures

Cal mag stopped the horrible brown dying leaves in earlier pictures!

28 Likes