Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

I was just thinking about you. I have been having a rough time myself. The rain has created a massive amount of septoria and bud rot. Just from looking at the plants I know our yield will be much lower than the last year.
Did you start any EI? How’re you doing?

1 Like

hope you get back up to 100% soon @Emeraldgreen, I really enjoy your grow thread. Sounds like you are going to be a regular in trim jail for a while. That does suck. And the rain causing so much damage to the crops. Is just horrible. But rough patches do happen just got to weather the storm. Lol literally

3 Likes

It’s been a brutal year with all the rain septoria bud rot topped off with my leg :joy:. How’re you doing?

4 Likes

Doing ok trying to get this house finished up. So I can convert garage into my indoor grow space. Dealing with nerve issues in my spine.
My first attempt at an outdoor grow is going ok, hoping these girls finish up. Winter will be here before you know it…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your leg @Emeraldgreen ! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

2 Likes

Your Cali Orange Haze is looking for a Scuffle I think. Kind of discheveled and Grumpy looking… I think, she is filling out nicely @Emeraldgreen.
6’ tall and Wider. Checking on her and the SSDD tomorrow

10 Likes

She’s beautiful! Looks like she’s going to yield also. What is density, smell, crystal coverage like on her? How are you?

3 Likes

Thanks for the questions about her @Emeraldgreen. There will be a full report tomorrow, pictures etc. SSDD and C.O. Haze Harvest timelines to follow.
Getting as far as I can each day, paying a bit of a price today. At least its nothing new.
Hope you get onto the Mend really soon as well. I did spend the morning sorting the THAI, if thats any help…
have a great day Eg

16 Likes

Thank you buddy. Have a great day yourself. That looks like my future! I’m curious about the Thai also

2 Likes

You getting any real nerve pain relief from the SSDD? Or have you not harvested/cured any yet, I forget where you were at with that bro.

3 Likes

Just saw your post on that “MI THC percentages” thread (clicked on that one out of curiosity) and I actually am interested in the whole “the higher the THC, the higher the taxes” thing in NY. What the fuck is the logic behind that? And does that apply to the grower, the consumer or both?

2 Likes

The way NY set it up is like this. The cultivars have to collect a thc tax from the dispensary. This tax is based on thc percent. For flower the rate is .005 per milligram. So the math for an 2/8 of 24 percent weed looks like this
3.5 •1000=3500 milligrams
3500 • .24 = 840 milligrams per 1/8
840 • .005 = 4.20 dollars tax per 1/8
The same 1/8 with say 18 percent would have a tax of 3.15.
When the farm sells an 1/8 for say 20 dollars the thc tax is included in the price. The real price the farm is getting is 15.80 per unit. This is not explained to the customer or printed on the receipt. It is a hidden tax at this point. People don’t realize higher thc means they’re paying more in taxes.
Just about collecting tax money. Happy to answer any questions you have
This is included in addition to the 13 percent sales tax you pay as a consumer

8 Likes

New York is only interested in higher taxes? Nooo… that doesn’t sound like the New York I know. :laughing:

1 Like

Imagine how much they would collect if they shut down the black market shops! In Ithaca there was 2 illegal shops and the legal one. According to what he told us his foot traffic increased by 25 percent the day after the two illegal shops were closed

3 Likes

Yeah @Emeraldgreen I went to Walgreens the other day here in the Syracuse area and there’s a little smoke shop nearby called “Mr Puff” that I’ve never noticed before… so I went in and saw they sell Cannabis… for fun I asked if they were licensed to sell Cannabis in New York and of course they lied and said they were… so I asked how they can get away with selling an 1/8th of Sunset Sherbert for only $20 when the other licensed store “Flynnstoned” is charging $60… the woman clerk said to me… “Bougie man… They’re so bougie… thats a bougie ass store.” They also sold gummies in prepackaged bags… 1000mg total by 10 gummies for $10… about a third of a legit store’s price.

That’s gotta be a big problem cuz why would a customer want to pay $55 or $60 when they can pay $20… quality of the illegal shop was on point too. I bought some.

5 Likes

Ithaca now that’s close!

1 Like

All out of state stuff which is apparent as soon as you look at it. Flynnstoned is fricken beautiful inside. A lot of investment there.
I believe only 100 milligrams edibles packs are currently allowed.
I talked to one in NYC. Asked if they were licensed also, responded they were awaiting confirmation so not licensed :joy:. Told him all his product looked like Cali weed and he didn’t even pause before confirming it was all from Cali

1 Like

You aren’t to far away. Farm is two hours, my house is 3 from Ithaca. How close are you?

1 Like

That makes sense. I’m no edibles expert by any means but the Flynstonned retail packs were mostly broken up into doses like 10mg or 15mg per gummy. I bought the RS11 flower which I love and since aquired the cut… tried their Gush Mintz too but that wasn’t nearly as good. The Sunset Sherbert from the illegal store was the best flower I’ve tried so far and the cheapest.

1 Like

Some of the ny farms did a really good job with what they produced. Some were okay. The other store is all indoor dep I’m thinking. Always been good quality in the black market :grin:. The illegal one has no tax, security, and a ton of other expenses the legal ones have and you can still get legal 25 1/8. I’m sure the quality is not the same though

1 Like