Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

Seems that a lot of us are hitting that age :joy::flushed:
Think friends and family is a great idea. If it gets to the point where you need to make it official you’ll already have a base. I think cash in the mail is the best for this also :grin:

6 Likes

it really sucks being the same age as old people :laughing: my heart and spirit are still young as ever, the dam body what the hell.

8 Likes

Yep go under the radar. The guy I knew I met cuz of all the fishing tourneys I traveled to, he always gave me little care packs and I’d bring ‘em home, everyone loved it! I called him and asked if I could order some. So he put it together and would meet me at a rest stop 1/2 way between us. Wasn’t cheap but my god was it delicious and I buy it for fishing anyway and his was cheaper than the store bought crap that’s for sure, AND WAY BETTER

6 Likes

That’s the truth!! Body of 50 mind of a 13 year old……okay 10 :joy:

4 Likes

yep it is pricey to make. kinda like maine lobster that is so much a pound to buy. when all is said and done the average 1 pound lobster give about a quarter pound of meat. similar ratios when i dehydrate a pound of beef. i hand cut , select, and season and cook only top round roast. sometimes the cuts of meat vary in quality but the real key is having the time to constantly monitor when cooking until just right. if i am able to do that you are so right it blows the doors off commercial jerky. i have been giving this some real hard thoughts lately and you guys are giving me insperation to maybe do this.

8 Likes

Honestly I think it’s an awesome idea! And I’d you are down to ship I’d try some for sure, have others I’d send your way also. Plus working for yourself is an added bonus (if u don’t already)

5 Likes

Guess I never really thought of the time/skill invested. But there is nothing better than some well done jerky, been a staple for me since I was a kid, I have my kids hooked too now :laughing:

2 Likes

pm deets and i’ll send a sample your way.

5 Likes

@mainerJ you got a specific recipe you like using and certain cuts of meat or is it all secret? Lol. Ive experimented with making a few different types of jerky from meat like sheep, deer, cow, and goat. All the animals except the deer were farm raised. So far I like the original beef the most and im a fan of nesco original seasoning but id love to experiment with making my own recipe and doing actual meat not burger meat. My boss gave me (yes gave me for free) a commercial dehydrator that was never even used! It’s like $250 brand new and ive only used it a handful of times for beef jerky or deer jerky in 3 lb batches at a time

5 Likes

Not a chance he’s giving up his recipe. My friend of 30+ years has a awesome pulled pork recipe he won’t give it to anyone

5 Likes

I will give you one professional tip when cooking pulled pork. Cook it long and slow.

4 Likes

He told me that much, but the sauce is off limits :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Sauce will be vinegar based.

6 Likes

Sounds like you may have a secret sauce also :joy::drooling_face:

5 Likes

I better have…Considering I cook professionally.

9 Likes

I remember! You should have a bunch of secret recipes :joy:

5 Likes

You miss all the shots you don’t take so figured mine as well ask lol. I really like the thought behind there should be no secret recipe it’s in the way the food is cooked and presented. This is something our culinary instructor taught us and he was so frustrated about some restaurants having secret ingredients

4 Likes

I get that you miss all shots you don’t take. I just asked if something was available and was happily surprised when it popped up for me.
I love how the same recipe cooked by different people comes out different.
Pretty awesome seeing all your snips popping up!

5 Likes

I really like the people’s choice beef jerky slabs they hit just right and im shooting for that thin yet leathery consistency. Once I quit spending money on my grow I might get a big piece of meat to experiment with. N yeah ikr? My tent 5x5 is getting overwhelmed now waiting for the drainage tile on the other tent to arrive. Plants getting overcrowded and too close to the heater having to find work arounds with the heater running more due to the cold. Once the drainage tile comes in im gonna have some extra room but I want to reset that whole mother tent soon and get with everyone else who wanted stuff and I didn’t get to then hand out the rest again. I can’t wait to see what everyone does both their cuts I know a few are going to open pollination runs and others to veg and then flower but it’s good to get some insight on what to expect in the coming months since I’ll be running most my mother plants but cloned them too early lol. They are getting too big too manage now little over a month old. Heres stardawg corey and a week old pic of the mother tent. All 8 of the solo cups have to go for like another month and half and they are all at least 18 inches tall smh

10aa1e651ef0296002a3f016e43f1739c00ea4f0_2_233x500

12 Likes

Your definitely going to be overgrown :joy:
I just pulled a bunch of solos out and moved them to a friends house. Doesn’t even look like I took anything out :flushed:

6 Likes