Ends of leafs curling up is it normal?

Right guys I am 19 days in since planting noticed this morning that the edges of the leafs on my two auto’s r slightly curling up one of the plants is worse than the other. My temp and RH is fine and it’s been 5 days since I last Watered is it normal or do I have a problem starting?

1 Like

this is my other plant the edges of her leafs are not curling as bad hygrometer meter readings this morning normally sits between 25.7 with Rh at 51 and 26.5 and RH 50

1 Like

Are they like that through out the light cycle on period or do they change as the sun comes up and goes down so to speak ?

pic from a side view would help :wink:

1 Like

Your environment sounds dialed. What’s your medium?

2 Likes

Add a little more Mg and should be good :wink:

Wot do u mean by Mg?

Fox farms ocean forest organic soil

Tbh I wouldn’t no I have never checked wen lights are off

Is it serious? I have read that it could be a sign of over watering,low humidity or under watering

Magnesium :wink: no not serious at all, maybe some Epsom salts with your next feed :wink:

1 Like

Not serious issue, just over/under watering probably. Ocean forest has plenty of food. Is that powdered perlite on top or what? Also, keep an eye on light height. They don’t need much yet, and too much light can have that same effect.

1 Like

Not sure how they could’ve eaten the mg out of a prefed mix at this age… but overwatering shows deficiencies because of dilution.

2 Likes

You are probably right there :wink: I didn’t even know the medium when I answered hehe, Mg related though, nothing to worry about at this early stage :wink:

2 Likes

No its diatomaceous earth I had wot I think was fungus knats

Thanks for the replies guys it’s my first grow so I am not to clued up with everything I have a grow book and have read a lot on line so just learning as I go. My light is about 15cm above the top of plants it’s a 300w duel spectrum cfl

1 Like

Bingo. Fungus gnats breed in overwatered environment. Let them dry and water them easy until their a little bigger. They’re green, so you’re doing a great job!

3 Likes

All you need is a light dusting of d.e. I have learned that if you over apply to the top of the media, because of the size of the d.e, it will seal the top of the pot and not allow air in, or water out. I recommend removing the d.e and allowing the pot to dry, than reapply a light dusting ontop. The best way is with a screen to evenly spread it. You can also put it on the plants if needed.

4 Likes

The DE is fine just scratch the surface with something if it gets crusty. I wouldn’t try to dig it out.

Edit: It is a bit much, in the future use about half as much.

1 Like

here is a side view pic

do they look like they r progressing well for 19 days in?

1 Like