Ends of leafs curling up is it normal?

Is it serious? I have read that it could be a sign of over watering,low humidity or under watering

Magnesium :wink: no not serious at all, maybe some Epsom salts with your next feed :wink:

1 Like

Not serious issue, just over/under watering probably. Ocean forest has plenty of food. Is that powdered perlite on top or what? Also, keep an eye on light height. They don’t need much yet, and too much light can have that same effect.

1 Like

Not sure how they could’ve eaten the mg out of a prefed mix at this age… but overwatering shows deficiencies because of dilution.

2 Likes

You are probably right there :wink: I didn’t even know the medium when I answered hehe, Mg related though, nothing to worry about at this early stage :wink:

2 Likes

No its diatomaceous earth I had wot I think was fungus knats

Thanks for the replies guys it’s my first grow so I am not to clued up with everything I have a grow book and have read a lot on line so just learning as I go. My light is about 15cm above the top of plants it’s a 300w duel spectrum cfl

1 Like

Bingo. Fungus gnats breed in overwatered environment. Let them dry and water them easy until their a little bigger. They’re green, so you’re doing a great job!

3 Likes

All you need is a light dusting of d.e. I have learned that if you over apply to the top of the media, because of the size of the d.e, it will seal the top of the pot and not allow air in, or water out. I recommend removing the d.e and allowing the pot to dry, than reapply a light dusting ontop. The best way is with a screen to evenly spread it. You can also put it on the plants if needed.

4 Likes

The DE is fine just scratch the surface with something if it gets crusty. I wouldn’t try to dig it out.

Edit: It is a bit much, in the future use about half as much.

1 Like

here is a side view pic

do they look like they r progressing well for 19 days in?

1 Like

it’s too minor to worry at this point IMO. Could just be the strain. you’ll have to grow 'em larger and wait to see if it’s a real problem. FWIW I like starting seeds in smaller containers (3-4 inch cups) so the soil dries out faster.

2 Likes

I was told to start auto’s in the pot that they will be harvested from I have also read it in books and online aswell that’s why I started in 5 liter pots

1 Like

https://overgrow.com/t/are-these-overwatered-or-deficient

There might be some answers here : I think ventilation needs increased and lights need backed off I bit.

15 cm or about 6 inches might be a bit close for that amount of cfl’s

2 Likes

i’m sure they’ll blow up soon the roots r probably jst gettin established u know, not everything needs to be fixed i think you’re fine just let them grow … maybe scrape back a bit of that de so the soil breaths n call it good

2 Likes

Thanks the feedback guys I have scraped bo so of the de and raised lights a bit tomorrow will be 7 days since they was last Watered checked top inch of soil last night was a little moist so will check again tomorrow they maybe need a little drink

1 Like

Smokinsammy’s Grow diary continues here: