Eskobar Repros by Zanzibar and Santero, plus San Fune: A Semi-Balcony Grow

All right folks. This is my first grow entry so bear with me a little bit. I started 11 seedlings:

• 3 Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain (all turned out to be females)
  • 2 huge Blue Chems (unfortunately both turned out to be males and this was not a seed run)
  • 4 San Fune (Holy Princess x Chocolate Cheese: 3 turned out to be males)
  • 2 Rhasberry Truffle (Santa Maria x Chocolate Rain: 1 female)

This is a balcony grow, so don´t expect as much as other grows. I am purposefully restricting their height for obvious reasons and they are growing with the power of the sun. I am using Canna Terra Professional Plus with a bit of hummus. I will use Biobizz ferts and some Silica and Cal Mag along the way. In between the plants I will be growing some Thai Cilantro (in reality it is called culantro or recao and it is american) to ward off pests and to use it in my cooking.

So far I am seeing very explosive growth from all of them and the Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain are very much uniform, with the exception of one squatty but very bushy and vertical growing extremely thin leaf phenotype which I adore despite liking the other two more. I hope all goes well and that you all enjoy the ride. Ideally, these plants will be moved inside to flower indoors with a 250 watts LED light just when they start flowering, but I have not decided on that yet and they might end up going all the way in the balcony with indoord supplementation (moving them will not be an issue as there is a little room right next to the balcony). The reason behind the idea of moving them inside is so that they can get a better and more constant exposure to light than in the shade, where they can only get 6 to 9 hours of direct sunlight depending on the months of the year- currently they are getting at least six of hours of direct sunlight and in june and july they get up to 8 or 9. This might affect yield and thc production, but I will do the best I can

. Any feedback on that or anything else is very much welcomed by me.

Cheers and thanks for following.

42 Likes

Very nice looking grow you got going, if you move in and out make sure you are using PM program as you might regret it late. You are off to a great start. :clap::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I had not consider that. I have been using Fungi Boom as a preventive measure because my location is a humid place with lots of rain during the summer. I hope that covers it. I´ll look specifically into PM prevention and again, thanks for the heads up. :smiley:

5 Likes

That’s super interesting run
Been really curious with those lines

3 Likes

Hopefully, I do them justice and I get good feedback from the community. Thanks for chiming in mongbae!

4 Likes

For sure!!
It’s an interesting lines
Please update us how plants turn out
Let’s gooooooo!

4 Likes

I can remember when San made these. Keep us updated on how they go. :+1:

7 Likes

The Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain F2s… they will get very tall, but can handle being bent or topped very well. They also are pretty long-flowering so let them take their time - I"ve grown those out many many times (ps - I did the repros on those, and the Blue Chem repros, fyi, tho San gave me the beans for the BlueChem repro).
Best of luck with those. The Rhaspberry Truffle I"ve grown a few times and are very nice. They’ll stay semi-short and produce big colas. I’m stoked to see you run the San Fune, too. Nice show

11 Likes

This must be some grow, @Brock1 posted here for the first time in 6 years! Count me in :100:

5 Likes

It is awesome that you are chiming in, Zanzibar. I will edit the thread title to recognize your work. Thank you for doing the repros for the Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain. I will do a fully indoor grow soon and Blue Chem will be very very present. I almost could not bring my self to cull those two males. I would lie if I did not say that in my 18 years of growing cannabis, I have never seen males this … the word would be powerful … in terms of growth spurt, vegetative odour, and vigor. Might it be the Chem in them?

5 Likes

Would it be pushing it too hard if I did not transplant them from those pots? These are 2 liter pots. I was hoping to limit them to 5 liter pots at most.

3 Likes

Forum jumping all the time but funny enough I was talking with San yesterday for the first time in a while. @Gonzo wow I didn’t realise it had been 6yr since I posted on here last :flushed: I see a few of the old seedshare members are on here to :heart_eyes: I might still have a few San fume F1 left in the seed tins

6 Likes

Yes the Blue Chems are special. All credit really goes to @eskobar for creating the original lines. BCs are really nice plants with extraordinary late-flower colors.
We’ve started calling the AHxCR Rasperry Haze because of its red berry flavors and because of the stature (also because it’s easier to write, lolz). Those are hearty plans, very strong. Leaving them in two liter pots will help constrain them and keep them small. I think you should up pot them tho and just manage their size with bending. Either way

8 Likes

I have those tribute seeds of the AH X CR. I might throw them into the mix. @Zanzibar, how long is the flowering typically? I’ll most likely run it outdoors for as long as I can.

5 Likes

When I run them outdoors I take them down first or second week of December.
Indoor I feel they’re best taken at 12 weeks

8 Likes

I end up bringing my long flowering plants into the hose to finish. I’m at 37ºN and 1950m elevation. The end of October is about all you’ll get here. So, normally the plants not seem to mind the indoors at all. I’ve even just left them in front of a big window and they finish fine. But, I have a space downstairs with high ceilings so I plan on using that up to about end of Dec. I’ll already have some other sativa going outdoors this year that’ll need extra time to finish. Thanks! :v:

4 Likes

I like that name. I shall start using it :smiley: Raspberry Haze

5 Likes

I think it was @saxo that started calling it Himbeer Haze - the German equivalent

And yes @GMan they should be fine finishing up indoors

6 Likes

ooh, i just bumped into this … very nice :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Well folks, it has been 20 days since I last showed you all my ladies. Well, these beauties are starting to stretch and fattened. They are begging for a repotting which will happen this weekend.

First two are Raspberry Haze. The second one is SanFune, and the third one is the Raspberry Truffle.

Happy growing and smoking my friends.

13 Likes