EsRgood4u multiple grow journals thread

Is the 400w power not the actual power that the light is outputting, minus the power being used by the ballast?
So its drawing 470w, but the ballast is using 70w, and the full 400 is going to the lights?

Don’t quote me on that mind, I’m not an electricity wizard.

:v:

1 Like

The power is what it’s drawing at the plug buddy. I’m not arsed really. I’m way ahead power wise with the light. I’m just being a tight ass :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, modern LEDs are more efficient than a HPS. So you’re getting more bang for your buck.

Depends on what version. I think you are running V2 with the LM561C diodes. I’m sure the new light is upgraded.

I know meanwell drivers are something like 96% efficient. An average to mid range HPS ballast is about 80% efficient. A cheap e-bay ballast can be as low as 60% efficient.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m still running the original 24v 2 strip solstrips i bought from cola back in the day. Still running them In my 2x2. 4 strips with a 320w meanwell dialed back to around 120w.
Original 500w solstrip light grew some mega plants.

3 Likes

I still run one of my SolStrips racks in my veg/seedling/clone area , they’re 5 x2 strips with a MeanWell 240W Driver that goes to 270ish watts max, but I have it dimmed to roughly 120W.
I have a six strips rack that I just need to attach the driver to.
I am using my ‘’ProTech 430’ light in my 4 by 4 tent and I use it mostly at 60 & 80% ( it draws 460W at the wall.).
It’s a very well made light. :ok_hand: !

Good luck with your new light - may it help you grow high-grade weed. :facepunch:.

Gaz

4 Likes

I’m rather invested in the V2 Solstrips. 18 2700K strips on three 240W drivers and another 9 5000K on three 120W drivers.

4 Likes

Slurricane.
Was gonna leave them till next weekend to flip the lights but all 4 plants have showed their sex now under 18/6 so I’ve flipped the lights tonight.
They are easily over a month from seed germination anyway.

9 Likes

You know I’m buying one.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve also got a few. Not as many as you though buddy

A 600w 24v meanwell

320w 24v meanwell

Growing is expensive :joy:

5 Likes

Definitely not cheap if you want to do it right. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Bro I fuck up all the time :rofl:
I always minimum break even though. Apart from that blueberry twist shit storm. :v:

3 Likes

Gorilla 3x3 standard 6’11 came with a 12 inch extension. I’m not going to use it.
HLG Blackbird and Cloudray A6 fan. I’m going to run it Doors wide open, left the rear passive wide open. Shut doors for lights off.

5 Likes

I like the Gorilla grow tents but they are mega expensive to buy bro. That 3x3 is £400+ here in the uk.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was 305.00 here. I don’t want to have to buy another one for a decade or two.

2 Likes

Blueberry x Gambian autos outdoors is finally showing some fade. Will try and take them over the weekend.

8 Likes

When do your outside plants start to flower in the UK, the last 2 days now we have had a heavy frost in the morning. Gets light now about 7.30 and dark around 5.30. Clocks go back next week.

2 Likes

It has Gambian in it @Shadey. I’m sure Gambian is a landrace strain. She didn’t start to flower until the beginning of August for some reason. It has some nice purple hues to her.

2 Likes

Ahh ok, do you think it will finish before the temps start dropping drastically. My 2 plants in the workshop are struggling now, I watered them 9 days ago and the soil is still wet this morning. They’re not showing any signs of dying yet but they are not growing either. I turned the lights off today, think I will chop them at the weekend.

1 Like

They are ready to take now buddy. The tops are at least anyway. One on the left is around 9ft tall :rofl:
Won’t be a mega yield but I think they are good for a couple of ozs

3 Likes

You can’t beat a 9 foot auto out where you are. I might plant one of these vault sensible seeds auto fem biscotti around june 1 for an extra encase I lose a plant towards the end of season. Kinda curious on running an auto outside here.

3 Likes