Solar "Ghetto" growing with Hoodini

So I have to give a shout out to @Kingaizen69 for his awesome low wattage thread and a big shout out to @Mr.Sparkle for his amazing microgrow threads. You 2 gentleman were the inspiration behind this “ghetto” project. Let the show begin

this is the 5 gallon microgrow Gatorade container

15 Likes

Spilt some soil but I cleaned it up haha

7 Likes

The plant that started it all @ReikoX mix.

and my little pink fan I rigged up

9 Likes

not as bright as everyone else’s grow lights but at less than 15w and runs on 6v solar it works! The leds will run on 3.7v but like emerald I kicked it up a notch

11 Likes

another light shot
And with @Mr.Sparkle running his microgrow at less than $11 worth of electricity for an entire run I’m guessing that this would cost you about $2 for a run. But it’s on solar so it’s actually $0.00 per run

12 Likes

I have been alternating between the window during the day and this ghetto af rigged shit I came up with for $0 cost to make lol just old stuff I had. But it seems like the little one is liking it. She is only 6 days old

8 Likes

Close up of her in the window

14 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

Everything looking really good.

I can’t wait to see how this develops.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Much LOVE I’ll definitely keep you updated!

1 Like

Oh and just so everyone knows this is my first full indoor grow not in a window and im going to try hydro so I really have no idea what I’m doing I’ve got a water pump I’ll be rigging up in a few days and I’ve got some liquid nutes donated to me and I have no idea what the hell

6 Likes

Hey bro nice job with the grow will be watching keep up the good work

3 Likes

Expect your plants to make you work in DWC.
You need to push them as much as you can. The idea is to gradually build up the ppm weekly. As they feed and the water level drops you need the ppm to sit stable. Once its sat stable every time you top off the rez your the solution needs to be the same. If its higher in the rez than you oriinaly started just dilute to correct levels. Your looking for the ppm/ec to sit stable and the ph to rise ever so slightly. If you use regular tap water you shouldn’t need any calmag. I’ll pull up a chair and watch the fun.

4 Likes

@Kingaizen69 thanks man I’ll do my best to low watt it up proper. . . @Esrgood4u awesome advice that definitely helped. And thanks everyone for liking and following along! Much LOVE
-H-

4 Likes

I know it’s only been < 24 hours since I posted the first pic of the little one. . .But i do believe she looks a teeny tiny bit bigger after all night in the GG (ghetto grow)

What do you guys think?

8 Likes

I think awsome…what kind is it from reiko.?

2 Likes

These seeds got mixed up, but they all have Lowryder x La Diva as the mom. The feminized pollen is either Crystal Candy or La Muse
-sent from ReikoX

2 Likes

You are gonna be super happy

3 Likes

Ya if this little one just survives I will be. . . I just lost the last 8 of my ReikoX s outside to the heat and SGS. So she is the last of the MEHECANS and she’s getting the most babying I’ve ever given to a plant. Hell I made her her own house equipped with track lighting and A.C. she’s got it made better than me hahaha

3 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:heart:You :heart: need :heart: to :heart: give :heart: them :heart: a :heart: good :heart: dose :heart: of :heart: LITFA :heart:

After you leave them alone for a few days its easier to see the growth, and I think its rewarding in its own way. Of course there is happiness to be had by everyday gardening too, but many times new growers don’t LITFA enough… The “care” can have a negative effect on the optimal progress of the plant even though its “made out of love”. Love kills?

2 Likes

Ya your probably right but the others died from Part LITFA overdose, Part mega harsh environment, part SGS (sh*tty grower syndrome) so I’ve been a little more noobish and technical it is my first time growing auto so I am. . . Hahaha got to get your feet wet somehow

1 Like