EsRgood4u multiple grow journals thread

I would not be surprised if it is temperature dependent. They love having warm roots and flower a lot better if the sun hits the pot they are in. So the warm grow space would be my guess as to what is triggering the flowering.

5 Likes

Donā€™t know about sun hours, but peppers and tomatoes like to be hot as hell. lol

6 Likes

Yup, they both like it very warm, but peppers seem to shrug off even 100F and over, whereas tomatoes
will stop setting fruit much over 95F or so.

I keep my peppers at 22/24 hours and they still pop loads of peppers. They do best outdoors under the sun when itā€™s hot.

6 Likes

Yeah, where I am it gets hot as hell and the peppers go crazy. The mind boggles how many peppers you can get off one plant in one season.

4 Likes

So @MomOnTheRun and @ReikoX. When the sacs start to split would it be safe to place a zip lock bag over the branch to collect the pollen. I donā€™t want to cut the air circulation in the tent and obviously as I have flowering plants in it itā€™s the only idea I can come up with to stop accidental cross pollination. Thanks

1 Like

consider placing the bag on & cutting the branch & taking it out, put in water like, well, cut flowers :grin: . youā€™ll get less pollen IME but easy-peasy.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I thought about doing that @cannabissequoia just not sure how long it would survive like that. Iā€™ll give it an extra week for the sacs to swell a little more then Iā€™ll remove the branch. Iā€™d remove the entire plant but Iā€™ve been extra careful when spraying it so I could still harvest the remaining buds from it.

3 Likes

I suppose you could though be really, really careful when movingā€¦my older son received a comforter for Christmas that came in a nice bag with a zipper that he almost threw out. In an instant the light bulb went off in my head that I could use it to separate 2 plants (1 boy and 1 girl) away from the rest of the grow and just spray the bottom of it a couple times a day while pollen is flying.

Now I havenā€™t actually done it yet to try it out though is a possibility. I just worry about the humidity building up in the bag and killing all the pollen released or giving mold issueā€™s in the processā€¦I like cannabissequioaā€™s suggestion as people do this frequently in a windowsill with great success far away from the girls

3 Likes

Thanks for responding. I think Iā€™ll just remove the entire branch like suggested the end of this week so long as the sacs swell enough. As long as it will continue to thrive for an extra week or so I think it should be enough. The sacs are small and not as many as Iā€™d have liked her to give but something is obviously better than nothing.

3 Likes

Well basically the pollinated branch I cut and it sat in weak nutrient solution for a few days but she gave up and dried out. Pulled the sacs off, carefully split and empty inside so In the composter she goes. Iā€™m thinking the CS may not have been strong enough to do a proper job being only 30ppm. Next time Iā€™ll generate my own and get the ppm as high as I can.
Result = Total failure :rofl:

2 reactor 99 at the back. A cookies Kush fem and blue dream fem at the front.
Iā€™ll veg the reactor 99s out in small tent until agent k and the older gg fem are harvested. Then move them over. Blue dream and cookies Kush Iā€™ll veg out as long as Iā€™m able to. :v:

8 Likes

Every plant I kill is a learning experience

6 Likes

Luckily itā€™s not the entire plant @Meesh. I was really careful when spraying her and Iā€™m confident I had no over spray so I cut the treated branch from her. The remainder of the same plant is absolutely flying. Big fat buds and she still has around 3 weeks left to grow.
The amputee in question. :rofl:

9 Likes

MrSoul mentions his learnining experience spraying CS somewhereā€¦ he says (something like) he wasnā€™t getting a fast enough or full enough conversion so he sprayed more heavily & it flopped :skull_crossbones: ā€¦ but at the time I really noted when an old timer says ā€œwhat do beginners do? they over-do everythingā€ :smile: and so he dialed it back and made the Fem CindyXX. :thumbsup:

(:tv: back to regular programmingā€¦)

4 Likes

I only sprayed once daily @cannabissequoia and it took 4 solid weeks to show balls. Meh. You live and learn. Iā€™ve a few old phone chargers laying around and Iā€™ll use the water collected out of my de humidifier (Iā€™m assuming this will be distilled as itā€™s more or less the same process) Iā€™ll order a length of .999 silver wire thatā€™s 2.5mm wide and some alligator clips and Iā€™ll have an unlimited supply of CS for future failures :rofl: :+1:

5 Likes

@Gaz29
2 of your blueberry x green crack mate. Been under 12/12 for around a week. Any day now and weā€™ll have balls or hairs showing. Skinny thin stalks with huge leaves. Strange looking plants :rofl:

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a peculiar crossā€¦ :thinking: I wonder what kind of variety will show upā€¦ (trying to think of potential negatives & canā€™t reallyā€¦except a low yielder :blush:)ā€¦

4 Likes

The one on the right looking female .?!! And waiting for a week since flipping, Iā€™d say the other ones probably female too ā€¦ ( just saying.)
They look hella light green, good luck - fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:u get two females.
Gonna keep an eye on this one mate ā€¦ :mag_right:
Happy growing/smoking ,
Gaz

4 Likes

Yeah they are really light green mate. I never go above 850ppm with mega crop now with any grow. They are in 8.5 litre autopots with inch of clay balls and coco fed the mega crop a little Epsom and Iā€™ve been adding 1ml a litre P.K to the rez. The solstrips maybe making them look a lot lighter in colour also. Weā€™ll see how much they stretch when they get going properly :+1:

5 Likes

Quality over quantity my good man :wink:
Trust me. If I could get away with growing trees like you do Iā€™d push them to the absolute limit :wink:

6 Likes

No argument here! ā€¦was just pondering what variations might come from those parents & seem to recall blueberry being more modest yielding[inexperinece :rotating_light: alert], or at least having more lanky, hempy sativa ancestryā€¦ ??? ā€¦so smaller buds on a stretchy plant could be underwhelming.

But seriously just nitpicking & typically nuts.

6 Likes