EsRgood4u multiple grow journals thread

Supposedly I am but it’s pissing down. What’s up like??

1 Like

It’s supposedly gonna piss down for 36 hrs ffs

2 Likes

I’m gonna ring gaffer soon to see what the crack is. I told him the other day weather was shite today.

1 Like

Roofers know the weather forecast better than the weather man lol.

2 Likes

The weather I check just about every hour @Shadey. Today even though I’ve been in for around 5 hours for 3 of them I’ve been sat drinking coffee. I’ll likely only get my hourly rate for the 2 hours work that’s actually been done.

2 Likes

Yeah I know that story, the only time we got paid for sitting around was if the materials didn’t show up, or the spray down machine fucked up, which was often as it was an antiquated piece of crap lol.

What really pissed me off was when it was weather related they would say come in and we’ll wait and see. You know you are just going to waste petrol money, and sit around bored all day.

Working away was the worst, stuck in a crappy hotel room bored out of your brain waiting for the weather to change.

3 Likes

Oh this is the reason I took the career path into plastering and rendering/pointing. Both pay ok money but ones inside an the others outside. British weather has messed with several jobs as an example for you roofers we had stone capped a balcony and obviously it then needed sealing properly and the drainage fixing so we used the GRP roof resin and paint with that strand matting CSM crap now here’s the punchline.

We bought winter catalyst as this was about March April time which in the UK and the day we chose to do it the sun came out and it got up in temp quickly the resin went off quick made it an upper nightmare.

3 Likes

Haha yeah I’ve only got another few years in me doing what I do then early retirement or a different career path will be on the cards. My knees are totally shot and will likely need replacing in the near future.
Now I totally understand the saying “I should have stayed at school” :v:

4 Likes

My Knees are bad as well, most roofers knees are shot, even if you wear knee pads all the time like I did.

2 Likes

It’s awful isn’t it @Shadey. Sometimes the pain is that bad I can’t physically get into my feet. Winter time is the worst :-1:

2 Likes

You got another green square when I clicked like :slight_smile:

Yeh its when I walk up stairs, and they just decide to give out. Most of the time they are good unless I kneel down for more than 30 seconds, then it feels like I am kneeling on nails sticking out of the floor. My knee caps feel like I have stringy hard stuff running across them, that I can move around with my fingers.

3 Likes

I’ve had sciatica hit me on a few occasions while perched on a set of hips while replacing cement :rofl: that’s scary stuff.

2 Likes

Who’s hips were you perched on though?
That is the question :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Your mamas :wink: (20 character limit sucks)

5 Likes

That takes some talent, mate. Replacing cement while giving @Ghandisflipflop 's mum a good rogering. HA!

7 Likes

What can I say?? I was born gifted :laughing:

5 Likes

Wtf you say about my momma? :sweat_smile:
He was perched on hips, meaning he was sitting on his gaffers knee :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I refused your moms offer for employment mate so that couldn’t happen. She couldn’t afford to pay me my hourly rate :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Sacs are still swelling.
No sign of any opening as yet. How long do they usually take before they finish swelling and start dumping pollen @ReikoX??

7 Likes

Two to three weeks usually. Looks like they should open soon.

5 Likes