EsRgood4u multiple grow journals thread

It’s just a temporary measure for @Explorer to feed his plants a little extra magnesium until his Epsom salt arrives. Thanks for the input, @ReikoX

3 Likes

Check out your local chemist for a wee tub of Epsom salts in a generic bottle ( plastic with lid.) its only a £1 odds for 100g / also get some in the supermarket :+1:.
Depends on how long you’re waiting for, eh.?!
Gaz

4 Likes

I’m thinking kelp would be superior to plain sea-salt, unless targeting a really specific nutrient need, in which case… hmm maybe i’m just high. :sweat_smile: :sushi:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

For some reason you used the word “maybe” :rofl:

4 Likes

My BD x CK fems at nearly 2 weeks from Sprout. They seem to be doing fine under 12/12 from seed.

7 Likes

I’ve got some super thrive which is I believe to be extracted from kelp will check bottle but could add a lickle bit of that to my feed might help.

Them plants look sick btw @Esrgood4u what light u got them under?

3 Likes

4 solstrips running on a 120w Chinese driver mate.
I usually veg plants under it for a few weeks just before I harvest the bloom tent. It cuts the grow time down for me by a few weeks if I time it right. Also better for me on the power bill as once I move them over I don’t have to run 18/6 for as long :v:

3 Likes

Yes.

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate (MgSO4) and is chemically not even close the other salts discussed, which are primarily sodium chloride (NaCl) - some with trace elements and/or other chemical salts.

By the way, it is called a salt because it is a salt. “In chemistry, a salt is a solid chemical compound consisting of an ionic assembly of cations and anions. Salts are composed of related numbers of cations and anions so that the product is electrically neutral.”

What we call “salt” and put on our food (whether “table”, “kosher”, “sea”, “Himalayan”, etc. - which are all either pure or primarily NaCl) is only one type out of many chemical salts.

9 Likes

:sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Shall we now discuss “salt” as it applies to cryptography?

Nah!!

6 Likes

Haha :rofl: science was never my strong point when I was young except for biology mate. Biology I was eager to learn as much as I could with as many females as possible :see_no_evil:

10 Likes

Lesson of the day was that I couldn’t use mountain salt to supplement the amount of magnesium that Epsom produces so patience is key :+1:t2::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

A couple of days shouldn’t hurt mate as long as you’ve increased the feed and got the ph in order. As your giving more nutrients you may even find the Epsom isn’t really needed. Plants are finicky fucking things. Just as bad as women but women have the edge as they have a voice :laughing:

5 Likes

Well fingers crossed if works mate I could of always made a feed mistake like shit does happen so wouldn’t put it past stoned me muckin up somewhere.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This was a group lesson in Biology?

:family_man_woman_girls:

:joy:

:evergreen_tree: there’s no I in team!

2 Likes

Haha my old biology teacher was a mid 30s blonde and slim AF. When your 14 that grabs your attention in a big way lol

8 Likes

I obviously went to the wrong school FFS :rofl: Student teacher, 24, and best pal, 23, arrested ‘for seducing teen boys for sex’

4 Likes

Right. Let’s go re-enroll. Knapsack, check.

This is becoming WAY more common than when I was in school. WTF!

4 Likes

Nah I’ll pass. Knowing my luck I’d end up screwing someone the age I am now and I can do that anyway :rofl:
When I’m in an OAP home hopefully there is an 18yo that likes a much older man then we can try again.
I’ve missed so many goals in my life. Please let my achieve this one before I die :rofl:

5 Likes