estab87’s Q1 2022 Auto Run

Huh, that’s super interesting. Thanks for sharing, now I may go down the rabbit hole of trying to figure out what I actually have.

@TopicalWave - I had the exact same thought about my 1 gallon pots! I have a half gallon watering can, I often look back and forth and them, and get very, very confused as to how the pots are 1 gallon. The 1 gallons aren’t that much bigger than solo cups. Lol

5 Likes

@Oldtimerunderground - like the guest that shows up just before dinner is served! Perfect timing friend! Looking forward to having you along for the ride.

5 Likes

:grin: Thank you for having me @estab87 :pray:

My apologies in advance if I end up dropping a ton of gifs along the way and a bunch of “Damn those looks nice” comments :joy:
dang-shades-up

6 Likes

GIFs are life, and I could always use a boost in confidence, can’t wait @Oldtimerunderground hah!

4 Likes

@Gpaw I’m putting a second tent together at the moment for a competition, and I’m running 3 gallons square pots for the first time.

I wonder - if given the deviation from nursery pot shape - if these might be more consistent/true-to-size?

Now you’ve got the gears spinning in my brain. Stop! Lol.

9 Likes

Those are the Vivosun pots?

I’ve already calculated those out… 3 gallons actual (9" x 9" x 9"). How do you like them?

Cheers
G

6 Likes

They are! Good eye @Gpaw. And thanks for the heads up, that will save me going down a rabbit hole and math isn’t my strong suit. Lol.

As far as how I like them, I’m not sure just yet. I’ll let you know once the grow starts & I’ve been able to water in em a few times & can comment on drainage.

From a quality perspective, they seem great. Not flimsy at all, thick. They seem like they’ll last and will hold up to washing a few times for re-use. I like the idea of having the slots on each corner to put bamboo stakes or something like that in, but not sure about it yet in practice.

Overall, I think I like them? :slight_smile: time will tell, and I’ll update if anything changes.

7 Likes

Thanks for the tag bud. Already got the thread on watch but yeah, I spend a lot of time reading and don’t comment as much as I should.

Hey @estab87 , have you given any thought to supercropping those 2 main colas? The plants look great.

5 Likes

Man @estab87, I appreciate your endeavor and thread but it’s way clean work there, if wife sees it, she expects the same. I’ll quietly hide in the corner and watch you grow. Drop some dirt once in a while will ya!

3 Likes

Hey @DougDawson, thanks for popping in!

I had been debating it with the back two plants, given how much they’ve shot up, but I think I will let those girls grow upwards naturally :slight_smile:

My last supercropping experience with an auto didnt go so well, and I have already battled getting those two plants healthy and am worried about stressing ‘em further.

Next run I’ll give it another shot & tag you!

Cheers.

3 Likes

Lol! My grow room doubles as our guest space, so I’ve gotta keep ‘er tidy. Got a little Dyson handy that I use a couple times a week. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fair enough. The last Auto I supercropped ended up a great success but that might have just been luck. It sure did give me a more uniform canopy. They do look great man. Here is the one I supercropped. Was a Fastbuds Wedding Cheesecake.

6 Likes

Beautiful @DougDawson & definitely an excellent end result for you with the super cropping on that plant. Nice work man! Have you grown out many other varieties from Fastbuds? If so, how have they been?

I ran the Cream Cookies ages ago - first auto I ever grew. I stunted the hell out of her, but the flavour was true to the name, but pretty mild. I have a couple others in the library but never end up choosing them when I plan out my grows.

As someone I see continuously taking on huge responsibility for the community, I’m honoured to have you watching my little grow. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks bud. That was my first fastbuds strain and it was very nice. @nefrella was big on fastbuds stuff and had a thread here.

She has not been around in some time so I am hoping she is good but you can find some great info in her thread.

Happy to be here watching your thread fellow grower. It is I who am honored that you welcome me here :v:

6 Likes

Beautiful! Thanks for the link.

3 Likes

Thanks for the honorary tag @TopicalWave

Nice growing in here @estab87 . You’re brave running so many different cultivars! You keep good notes too!

I was thinking my 3g pots were a little light but never gave it too much concern. They’ve done well for autos so far.

Locked in and watching! This is my favorite Part!

Grow4th!!!

3 Likes

Don’t know what took me so long to see this, but I’m here now and watching intently! Looking great @estab87 !:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @4ftfarmer! The bravery is more a result of enjoying variety far too much to run a monocrop. It’s a blessing and a curse, for sure. I’m definitely feeling the ‘curse’ part on this run, as most of the gals are on entirely separate feeding schedules :man_facepalming:

Happy to have you here & keeping an eye out!

Cheers

2 Likes

Heyy @Budderton thanks for stopping in and pulling up a chair. Hopefully in Q4 you’ll see a thread started with some of your beans popping off!

Cheers

3 Likes

March 1, 2022 or day 45

I love Autoflowers. Everyday you can see steady progression…. Anywho, hi! Welcome back! Quick update on everything, I’ll get started with the DIY grow tote which continues to surprise me with how well it’s doing.

The S.A.D from Sweet Seeds is maturing at a much faster pace than the CDLC. Buds are starting to thicken up a little vs. just starting to form on the CDLC. Sour Crack is beginning to show (remember, she’s two weeks behind the others) flowers as well.

S.A.D:

CDLC (cabbage pheno):

Sour Crack:

Side by side of CDLC & S.A.D for size & maturity difference context/to show the CDLC cabbage pheno’s weird stunt stature:

What the CDLC lacks in height, she makes up in bud sites, check out this overhead view, excited for these to start developing:

The SAD has taken to training really well, and I’m really impressed with how well this has grown in a one gallon pot. I’m expecting a much larger yield than I initially thought from this little chonker:

Now onto the tent. Bit of an update here, I’ve added another 100w quantum board to fill out the lighting in the tent. Am getting great PPFD readings across the board. I did, though, stress the plants a little bit by introducing/increasing the brightness of the new light too quickly as you can see with the tacoing/yellowing of some of the top leaves on the back 2 plants. That said, overall things are looking great & frosting up really nicely in most cases.

Here’s the “big picture” today:

Marshmallow Martian is still the star of the tent in my eyes:

Jungle Love is starting to stack on weight & buds are fattening up quickly. So much more trichome coverage than I expected on this one:

Blue Microverse F5, also noticing the buds growing quickly on this gal, but am surprised with the minimal trichome development thus far in comparison to the others, especially given she is supposed to be a (60ish day) fast finishing auto:

Finally, the Strawberry Nuggets x Skywalker. I have a feeling she will be the last to finish. She’s quite large with lots of bud sites, took training well, but the buds are still very premature in comparison to her tent mates. Excited to watch this one chunk out over the weeks to come. She got a defol and a feed today:

Thanks for stopping by and sticking around through my long-windedness and rambling! I hope atleast the photos were enjoyable :slight_smile:

Take care.

E

11 Likes