Ever get tired of growing?

I appreciate the perspectives and advice. I am going to get this grow over with (at least 8 more weeks) and then re-evaluate. I might just grow pure CBD strains, as that’s about all I can handle and enjoy.

8 Likes

I don’t normally suggest this but buy some of them stupid mylar cookies or whatever bags off eBay buy some medical stickers and sell them the hype …people who buy into hype normally don’t know what the fuck there looking at anyway…I would rather them think it came from somewhere else anyway people tend to think the price is more negotiable when they know you grow

8 Likes

I was going to say the same thing…bust out a bag of your chronic and say, “look guys, got a killer deal…only $220 for this (insert ridiculous weed name here)!!”…watch them be in awe…lol

10 Likes

Ya next time I grow it’s getting tested labeled etc

4 Likes

That would be nice

2 Likes

I do get tired of growing. It’s another chore, on top of the (until recently) million other things I have to be doing, plus the fact that I can’t just openly grow and talk about it to anyone. Then I remember shelling out almost 300$ a zip and it’s a tradeoff. I’ll never be tired enough of growing that it’s worth paying vs growing. But I hear you.

12 Likes

I struggled for a few years not knowing I had a soft water supply and how it affected my grow, last few years I been adding cal/mag one way and another that sorted that. been struggling raising the parabolic shade for the last couple of years I took it down just last week .i don’t like trimming every other aspect of growing I just love,

6 Likes

ive definitely gotten frustrated and discouraged plenty of times for various reasons, but not once have i ever felt anything remotely close to tired of growing. i still look forward to lights on time every day

10 Likes

Yes all the time. After a year+ long battle with powdery mildew I’m really close to just shutting down and buying the cheap, readily available weed that’s all around me.

Sometimes seeing pics on here of lush, overcrowded canopies makes me a bit sour as I’d have PM in 5 seconds if I left my plants like that.

The plus side is when I eventually move and have a place where growing is ‘normal’ again it’ll seem so easy it will be like a joke!

11 Likes

Can’t say Iv grown tired of growing plants Iv always been kind of a tinker by nature … Iv been getting into the tinctures recently which really helps with my stress , insomnia issues it’s one of the most beautiful plants IMO I love the smells as well maybe try to find someone who can benefit from any aspects of the plant whether it’s someone suffering from neuropathy, cancer , seizures … etc Like mention earlier try different grow techniques.

9 Likes

Maybe the reason I don’t get tired of gardening is the rewards I receive from growing a large variety of plants which gives me both visual and physical enjoyment. I’m not just talking about growing cannabis… I grow plants/trees/shrubs/vines from seed or some other method of propagation such as cloning/air layering, root division, ect. I didn’t buy the vast majority of the plants I have in my yard.

The smell of the soil, getting your hands dirty while weeding/planting/transplanting, letting the microbes in the soil raise your serotonin levels and make you feel happier! I absolutely love to grow flowers of all kinds, including cannabis!

I grow roses like these…

… and irises like these…

I’m still patiently waiting for spring to open the rest of my flowers. Spring is when you can see that all your hard work has paid off!

You need some flowers in your life to help bring a smile to your face!

Platinum Gorilla @4 weeks flower

I hope you all are having a fantastic day!

21 Likes

Im with ya @DesertGrown. Im only 6 years in but i love every aspect and second of growing. And, I pop way too many beans out of boredom. I have three bodhi strains alive that i have not even flowered yet and wont be able to for another 10 weeks or so.

8 Likes

Yeah, last year by harvest time outdoors, I was over it. Tired from the long season and from the plants in flower running my life. After about 2 months though, I was chomping at the bit to get started again.

Now that I just started again, we have this covid shit and it’s made me depressed, lethargic and apathetic. I’ve had to force myself to finish getting the garden ready and do stuff out there. I think we’ll all feel better once the isolation eases up.

8 Likes

Did you ever grow out that skunk? Can’t do anything but giggle on that strain

6 Likes

I’ve been stuck in hell trying to get this Romulan seed run done. I fuckin’ hate it. And I feel terrible admitting it because it is for another member. I’m just so fuckin’ done with it, though.

I have plenty of other stuff to bitch about, too. Not in a great headspace at all.

12 Likes

I get tired of smoking sometimes but being a mostly outdoors grower I would spend the rest of the year waiting to go again now that I’m doing indoor I can see wanting a break for a week or two between harvests almost got to have a trustworthy person who can take care of things to go to long

6 Likes

Rona and your 6 feet be damned! ((hugs))

8 Likes

Yeah I know what you mean, every time I offer to grow clones for friends, it’s like the whole process just decideds to stop working, no problems for making them for myself, as soon as I try for someone else it’s a shit show, I hate letting people down.

9 Likes

looks like you need to change friends bro
grow for yourself every once in a while and that’s that

4 Likes

I must agree with DesertGrown, I’ve been growing since the 50’s, and I’ve never got tired of it. I know some that have gone into a ‘slump’ but they’ve came back refreshed and ready. Hopefully your funk will dissipate soon.

7 Likes