Eye PPE. What does everyone use?

What is everyone using for PPE? I’m trying to find some eye protection that will provide color correction and protect my eyes.

I use LEDs.

2 Likes

Full biohazard suit with welders helmet.

Nah any decent sunglasses will help with the leds.

3 Likes

I don’t spend much time in the tent so never use them, but if this is not your case there are some brands specialized like this one … cool1|nullxnull

3 Likes

Hmmm… if I wasn’t afraid of forgetting them for trips, I’d use my prescription polarized sunglasses. But those are a permanent and vital piece of equipment for my fishing vest.

5 Likes

Ipower hps sunglasses like $15 on Amazon, filters all the red out so its like you’re looking in daylight.

Those are currently at the top of my list. I wish there was a less expensive option.

I saw the $60 pair too.

1 Like

thing is they need to be decent , sunglasses with no uv protection actually make it worse because your eye dilates and more harmful light gets in

1 Like

Nothing. I am pushing 50, and still have 20/15 uncorrected vision.

I take that back, on occasion I’ll try to wear sunglasses but usually not on long, can’t stand looking thru anything on my head.

shade 5 welding goggles. for real.

2 Likes

Are they tinted? I tried some welding goggles and they had a weird ass yellow tint that made them not work.

1 Like

they are tinted, that’s what reduces the spectrum of light and filters out harmful wavelengths.

If I need to inspect the plants closely to determine if they are ready to harvest or something, I will use a regular pair of polarized sunglasses that block UV for a short period of time. And wear a hat.

1 Like

How do you see the plants?

Shade 5 welding goggles with a green tint would be almost impossible to work with imo.

well my ceramic metal halide grow light is absolutely blinding. with the shade 5 welding goggles, everything looks pretty much normal in terms of brightness.

They are green tinted, but it really doesn’t doesn’t make things difficult. I use them whenever I am working on the plants for a long period of time, or doing basic routine work like watering.

Like I was saying, if I need to inspect the plants closely to check whether my buds are ripe or something like that, I use polarized sunglasses that block UV and wear a hat. I would only do this for a short period of time though.

You really do not want to catch glimpse of this bulb, even indirectly through sunglasses.

The welding goggles make it tolerable to have the bulb in your peripheral vision while working on the plants. I still wouldn’t look at it directly though.

I recently picked up a set of Como GroVision glasses and I am enjoying it. I have had more expensive sets in the past (Method 7s) at work, I wear good polarized sunglasses often in the space at home but finding these are great for the price. I am under white spectrum LEDs at head height kicking out 50k Lux atm. Way cheaper than my “good shades” while I am working away and provide a huge amount of protection and comfort. Would 10 out of 10 recommend.

1 Like

I have a pair that was included in a light package i bought, I dont wear them enough though

I squint. Or let myself go blind.

Got these with my 1st grow light i bought through Amazon, they seem to work decent eyes feel fine afterwards compared to the few times I opened the tent without any eye protection and was seeing spots for a while after.

1 Like