Method 7 review

well this one is a no brainer! i ordered these this sunday they got here yesterday. i got nothing but really good things to say about these lens after trying them for myself. These should be on ever indoor growers head. they feel good and worked good outside too. i got the hps+ but apparently they make a led version

16 Likes

Cool, on my list.

:dark_sunglasses:

1 Like

I have wanted a pair for a while tbh.

It would stop me squinting to look at my plants.

2 Likes

I just wear a normal pair of polarized lenses.

Are these actually better in some way, or just some clever marketing?

I paid about $10 for my glasses from the gas station vs $120 from Method 7. I even use them to take pics w/ my phone – it clears up the view perfectly. (These same glasses worked under HPS and LED, btw.)

3 Likes

I bought a pair of LED clip-on’s ($58) over a year ago. They work great so far. If anyone orders clip-on’s, get the aviator style. My glasses & clip-on’s are the same size, but when installed, there’s a 3/16" unprotected perimeter that gets annoying. Just my .02.

Welcome fellow Yooper!

I think they have increased UVA/UVB protection, plus, they’ve got IR protection. Tossed the product brochure. Whatever works, eh!

2 Likes

Woo! Thought I’d be the only one lost in the woods on here. :slight_smile:

Aha that makes a lot more sense. I assumed there had to be something special to them to warrant that price.

I still tend to go w/o glasses quite often (not smart, I know). Maybe I’ll pick up a pair to test side by side w/ the cheapos.

1 Like

My first thought was this was mostly hype and marketing, but then I found this quote:

The LEDfx lens was designed and developed by Method Seven with over two years of research in collaboration with engineers, optical physicists, ophthalmologists and manufacturing at Carl Zeiss Vision.

If that actually means they are made at Carl Zeiss Vision, then thats is why they cost so much. That also means they are likely good quality lenses.

The other claims might or might not still be hype though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

im from hawaii originally and these lens are as good as maui jims to me. they are legit those two pictures up there say it all and yes there are carl zeiss lensthe frames say made in italy

3 Likes

they’re pretty expensive but they do have a nice style… but i had a blurple LED when i ordered mine so I got a pair of $20 green ones on amazon… they actually came with extra lenses for HID lighting also… which was cool

I have those, and their lens filter too. Both work fantastic. They are both quality pieces, not jazzed up 19 buck pos’s.

1 Like

I’m about to go to work under loads of LED’s, not blurples, we’re running NextLight Mega’s, are these still a necessity? I was thinking of getting a good set of Polarized clipons for full nerd effect.

The clip ons…are they designed to go on your normal glasses? I wear corrective lenses and not paying $500 for the prescription ones.

From a preserving eye health point of view…are they beneficial to the hobbyist grower? I dont spend much time in the grow room and primarily use white light LED which have negligible UV. I do still rock some CMH which produce UV but I spend maybe a half hour a week in that room if that. I usually go in with a hat on and dont look at the light and figure im safe enough.