Eye protection

Gotta replace my hps glasses now that I’m on led, the only ones I’m finding for full spectrum are the method 7 fx’s the cheapest of which are $60 which I wouldn’t mind but all the reviews say the frames are really poorly made and dropping $60 on something that’s gonna break the minute I forget to put them away and end up sitting on them seems like a bad move. Whose got recommendations for me.

3 Likes

Never used glasses.
Lasik in spring.
Frikkin Idiot I am/was/am. dammit

4 Likes

I’d very much like to keep my 20/15 vision :sweat_smile:

1 Like

http://hydrospecs.com/
Check these guys out if your needing prescription grow glasses . 4 plus years and mine are still like new.
I opted to have magnifying glass added into the bottom half inch of the lens great for inspecting for bugs and issues with the plants .
Ask for Kyle hell of a nice guy .

8 Likes

I wear my sunglasses in there. Is there some other special shit I should be wearing?

Not really, just regular sunglasses are a bit dark for inspecting plants, looking for bugs etc. the right color lens makes a big difference.

1 Like

I might just pop the lenses out of a cheap pair aviators and get the clip on lenses.

1 Like

Stay away from the shitty Greens ones vivosun sells I hate mine.Green lenses to inspect green plants all I have to say

2 Likes

Green lenses are for blurple lights. Blue for hps and some weird purplish prismatic for full spectrum.

2 Likes

I have 2 pair one for hps prescription and a non prescription pair for led .
The right colour lens for the lights your working in is a must .

2 Likes

They advertise them as the green ones for led which blurple makes sense but when it comes to my light it’s not a blurple I have a full spectrum I wonder if I just have t wrong glasses?

2 Likes

I would say so probably made for the blurple old style lights not the full spectrum white lights.

1 Like

so my regular polarized UV sunglasses arent good enough for LEDs?

Depends on the lens color. I’m looking at these now. So long as they’re polarized and purple.

Damn, didn’t see the grey tint part till I posted it :cry:

2 Likes

why the purple and not just polarized and uv protection?

Color correction.

ahhh - ok i didn’t get that the purple lens actually keeps the color correct instead of changing it while still providing the protection needed. obviously i ignore my eyeball health :-/
thnx

3 Likes

Purple glasses work for leds with white, red, IR in it.?

normal sunglasses work fine for white led, no need to spend a ton of cash on green taxed “special” glasses. darker lenses=better, naturally

3 Likes

I use these. 20 bux. They work well. :grinning:

2 Likes