Fall 2021 Solo Cup Grow Off

Set up to flip last night. Put them in the flower tent. Today will be the full day on 12/12.

Broke the top off #2 and it doesn’t look like it will make it.

:green_heart: :seedling:

17 Likes

So as per original rules, today is flip day for you photos growers, saying that maybe some have forgot or aren’t on today though do your best to get them flipped as soon as you see these posts all this is just so we all finish in a relative similar manner.

12 Likes

Mine will be tomorrow, I got the self leveler poured in the bathroom so the tools could be moved out of my veg closet so I can move some plants around.

5 Likes

Into the flowering tent.

18 Likes

I’m behind in my report, and my plants are behind in growth! Damn you experts!

8 Likes

I think I’m going to root trim mine tonight or tomorrow as I don’t want it to stretch for much of anything and I think that will cause it stunt a little also had one fall over cause they’re sitting on uneven ground it’s alright just looks a little funny for now should straighten back up

3 Likes

The I culled two GWK x JLo males in the last couple days. Off with his head! That leaves me with 22 plants in 8 cups.

14 Likes

My timer doesnt seem to want to talk to my network for some reason so we’ll see what happens to my entries in the long run. At least they’re autos. More worried about my BOG babbies. good news is via the cam, the lights are stuck on and its my veg tent. Could be worse. Buddy is checking it out in about 5 or so hours.

8 Likes

you know i ran into that issue with networked timers… been on dummy basic digital ones for years now without issue.

5 Likes

Biggest issue I have is they live in a metal shed. Got a range extender under the house near them that usually keeps em online. Not a biggie when youre home to double check, sux when youre cross country away.

I do have a powerline adapter and If im gonna run wifi/smart stuff prolly need to use it to hard wire an access point/extender inside the shed.

5 Likes

kinda my point, all that extras that are needed plus hassle and work plus issues that arise from that just so one can turn their lights on with a phone…

Mine has a “button” and the only time i need to turn it on manually is when im there in person.

Nothing wrong with going that route i just think people get buried in the tech aspect of it which usually brings with it more issues vs more basic options.

10 Likes

K.I.S.S. is very often great advice. :+1:
there are already so many rabbit holes to go down…

4 Likes

Being able to adjust on the fly is convenient. There ARE advantages to wifi/smart connection, just a balancing act/judgement for each growers need. I def fuss with my wifi inkbird. Its fun, and lets me experiement and dial stuff in from my couch. But admittly a lot more fun when youre local in case of an issue.

And really no extras as far as purchsed just for this. Just the 4 plug wifi controller which gives me 4 smart plugs/timer and makes it real simple. Cheaper than buying 4 mechanical timers and programming can get as wild or basic as ya like. I already had everything else I used. But whatever browns ya biscuits I think rocks.

6 Likes

Exactly, a balance of how much features you want for how much you’re willing to put up with. It’s far easier for someone who is technically able and experienced with the product but give it to someone else and it’s unusable.

2 Likes

I love my tech. Nothing wrong with mechnical timers either. The best solution is the one that works.

6 Likes

This is very cool :sunglasses: fun fun :+1:

Wish I could have joined in maybe next time. I will be watching. You guys got some crazy cups.

5 Likes

Welcome to the flower tent little one.

12 Likes

Go toward the light little one, go toward the . . . Wait a minute . . .

1 Like

I try to set my washing machine to “super” before taking photos, deep down I feel like it’s foreshadowing for success. Without last week’s pictures I wouldn’t think these grew at all but they are showing more branching.

@Qtip - that looks like more than eight cups to me. You’re not deliberately skirting the rules, are you?

7 Likes

Dang it! I thought no one would notice!

1 Like