Fall 2021 Solo Cup Grow Off

I was not able to post an update for a few weeks. Hopefully you all will give me a pass…

Here are my 3 solo cups…

They are a Ghost Rose Cookie Devil from @Mr.Sparkle, a Care Bear from @cannabliss, and a AutoMaria2 x Royal Creamatic from @Chronickyle via @DougDawson.

They were all dropped in water between 8-1-21 and 8-7-21, I think. I will need to go back through this thread as only the AM2xRC is dated (WTF Dirtron? I always date my tags…)

18 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Welcome back @Dirtron, you make this place better.

7 Likes

Was hoping to get this in under the big lights for a few days before flowering, but this is just staying under 46w of LED for the whole grow now. Day 28 above ground.

Since I’d been taking daily pictures, here what the grow looks like so far.
20210905_002043 (1)

23 Likes

that time lapse is great

2 Likes

Thanks, I’d made a slightly slower and higher resolution version, but can only upload 1mb files here…so I’ve spent last half hour getting it to the max file size possible lol.

Think I’ll try and continue this through the whole life or the plant now if I can.

6 Likes

Loved watching it grow :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

19 Likes

Look at all those roots. Are those roots escaping thru the drain holes. They look like some toughies.

4 Likes

Ya they are screaming we need more room, little do they know that they will be cut off to make room for new roots lol. I’m going to trim the roots a bunch before they start flowering all the way.

4 Likes

Update: Day 35

I’m feeling really lucky here; must have the CannaGods on my side this round. Of 6 seeds planted of 6 different strains I ended up with 6x Vigorous Females!.

We’re very much looking forward to the nugget sampler pack this will end up making for me and the missus :smiley: / :laughing:

4 of 6 started flowering middle of week 4, and the last 2 started up shortly after. I didn’t expect the flip to happen so fast with the lights at 18/6 but it’s great to know for future grows with regards to the timing and growth style of each of these genetics.

For example: regardless that they are all under the same conditions the Man Bear Alien Pig is tall as fuck in comparison to the others with nodes far apart; while the Forum Stomper is squat and tight and the White Crack has branches reaching out under those fan leaves like little arms reaching for the love provided by the false Sun above it.

They’ve been getting 3oz of full nutrient solution every day at 8pm, with them being nearly dried out by 8pm the next day. It’s getting to the point where they will start getting 3oz at 8pm, then 1.5oz at 8am; then 3oz/3oz if they be thirsty.

I do have an auto watering system for this; but tbh with a month to go and needing to check on the air-pots in there as well I’m just gonna baste these ladies until the very end so they get my watchful eye twice a day with no excuses

Group Shot A:

Group Shot B:

Dosi Kush:

Forum Stomper:

Gorrilla Glue #4:

Double Grape:

White Crack:

Man Bear Alien Pig:

Depending on how they choose to grow, I may need to figure out another spot to put my 2 Kosher Kush females :laughing:

20 Likes

Mine this morning, will be reducing some tomorrow just to give some tot he brother inlaw plus some longer than expected holiday time come october so would like to reduce the plant load per reservoir to allow longer times between fills.

22 Likes

Very interesting @SonsOfAvery which 46watt leds are you using? I totally love the photo/show time-lapse. I’m in the process of building a continuious micro seed chucking cabinet so I don’t have to sacrifice flowering tent space and always have a variety of seeds to pass out to OG… I will b following closely, the more updates the better. And last but not least GREAT JOB! everyone on this challenge.

6 Likes

WOW! 100% female. Where any feminized to start?

4 Likes

@MTL it’s a 46w DIY fitting that I built. Using x2 (23w) TCI strips, 1 3000k and 1 4000k.
I picked up a load of the strips from an ebay seller based in Estonia a few years ago. The light fixture i use in the tent for veg and flowering is made from the same strip too.
All just mounted onto some aluminium angle bar which acts as heat sink.
Each strip came with its own drivers too.
I’ll get some pic a nd shoot you a PM with details.

4 Likes

Let me check!

Edit: It was not luck at all! I didn’t realize that ALL the beans I chose were Auto FEMS as I legitimately made the selection of what I wanted to grow from the limited Auto’s I have. Turns out the ones I didn’t pick were the AutoRegs. I’m finding this very amusing. :laughing: I’m still though very pleased with the 6/6 germination rate and vigorous growth.

8 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Here’s my weekly update on the Ghost Rose fem auto, I guess she stretched up to the lights sweet spot

Sitting under 61w of screw-in leds in my closet

17 Likes

Looking very nice and healthy.

2 Likes

Might get a sun burn.

12 Likes