Fall 2021 Solo Cup Grow Off

Is that what you call math. Lol. I use a torch and a Phillips head screwdriver. That is a nice set up I never thought about that.

4 Likes

I have never been able to afford to NOT be creative.

:laughing:

8 Likes

I try and not spend money. It looks like you don’t either everybody is changing their picture.

4 Likes

You need money to be able to spend it!

I once traded up a broken parts bread machine into a 300$ Ikea desk that’s bombproof. This took 5 trades to accomplish but still: Broken bread machine for desk = WIN.

8 Likes

@Pigeonman I’d rather copy your solo cup rig if you asked me!! Awesome! water under? Nice!

4 Likes

It’s shared here so anyone is welcome! I’m certainly not the first to do this and I love the nature of open source so please go nucking futs!

I made the hole just large enough that if I wanted the cup to float above the tray it was doable; a lil’ push down and it would “pop” into place and then touch the tray flush. So, if you did the same you’ll have options for either top feed (what I did) or bottom feed (which is what I would do flood/drain IF i had a mathamatical fuck-load of cups in one space).

Other bonus: the “nick nack tray” rig makes sure you have some respectful spacing in between plants and you can change that spacing depending on how you choose to lay down the pattern (long edge to long edge, short-short, herringbone pattern, mosaic, etc)

Other Other bonus: using a drip line system for multiple water lines you can punch holes in the tray to add mounts to support the drip and not worry about it pulling down the plant or coming loose.

9 Likes

Seedy Cinderevils, coming down soonish.

21 Likes

Executioner got baked and forgot what was supposed to happen with this one. 9gram hammer lives on.

19 Likes

8 Likes

Oh diddly do

4 Likes

What about passive hydro? I’d love to try this out with a hempy solo cup.

4 Likes

With those numbers and a simple automatic drip irrigation setup, these little solo-cup grows would make a pretty viable perpetual SoG.

3 Likes

That sounds like a great idea.

Like a timer with valve and a bucket with solution slightly higher than the plants?

2 Likes

Yup, that’d work. Or a pump.

3 Likes

Consider higher end yields out of a solo cup sized pot can be in the 35-40+ gram range, or at least has been for me so perpetual SOG forsure well when they dont grow into bushes still a SOG though just not the cool budsicles .

8 Likes

I’m not sure what something like that would even look like, the pump on mine refills the container 6 times a day and she will still run dry between waterings

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle Thank you. For your kindness to many OG’s, I would like to do a character of your choice and a mode of transportation to be used in the OverGrow movie and trailers.

5 Likes

9 Gram Hammer!!! Haha!

7 Likes

Jump on that offer @Mr.Sparkle!

@Heliosphear I have shown your trailer to: My Mother, My Mother In Law, My Wife, and everyone at work! Super Badass!

3 Likes

Hempy method, low flow on an automatic timer, however many times a day.

3 Likes