Fall 22 - Longtooth heads back inside

Well the fall crop has been trimmed back. Males have been culled. Stretch is calming down. Dealing with some nutrient issues, but moving in a positive direction to be sure. Pruning is next now that the stretch is done.

Fall Class photo

Bodhi’s Purple Soul

-tops looking pretty. -Great FIM results IMO

Durban Poison.

-mostly done with stretch. She’ll be getting pruned later this week.

G13-Haze

-Smelling more lemony ever day.

Granny Stella

-boy, ya can’t see the sativa there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Nope. Not at all… :joy:

3 Likes

Don’t be afraid to break up the root ball the plants can take it roots will expand better . I do the same thing you do when transplanting. I add mycorrhiza to the roots before I place them in there new homes

2 Likes

Pruning day

My plants have no pants!

All the girls feeling the breeze around their knees!

3 Likes

Hit them all with silica and FF Boomerang-Comeback formula a couple days after pruning.

All the ladies perky and happy

Purple Soul
Bodhi’s (Pinesoul x Purple Unicorn)
Happy today - I love the shape of this queen.

Durban Poison

G13-Haze
-Lemony stank in the corner…

Granny Stella
”Stella” x Granddaddy Purple
-All the other ladies still up on stands. Had to lower her down to the ground. She was into the light.

Colin OG Rbx
Still fighting a few nutrient issues, but Ethos genetics doing their thing. -looking forward to finishing this one.

3 Likes

Ok - nutrient issues have definitely been a challenge.

In retrospect, I’m thinking maybe I should have just ditched the “hot-bag” of FF Coco Loco instead of trying to make it work after some buffering with dolomite-lime. Also, the fan setup may have contributed to issues.

Left to right - examples of issues from Durban Poison, G13-HP, and Purple Soul

I also wasn’t seeing enough run-off when feeding. Correcting for that going forward.

Flushed the whole group with PH neutral water and followed up with a lite feeding of FF boomerang and big bloom.

I think we are coming back, but there have definitely been some rough spots this time out.

Purple Soul has some clawing going on up top.

Fans are oscillating and exhaust fans redirected and all are scheduled for periods of inactivity to give the girls a break from the steady blow……(loses focus on post and shakes off memories of the 80s/90s…gaaaaaa steady blow…)……

Hoping to turn it around. Still 4-5 weeks left to go!

2 Likes

Nice grow you have going… out of likes. But dang, this was a fun read. Can’t wait to see nugs!

Paws

2 Likes

Looking great brother!! Coming along nicely

1 Like

A few close ups from last week…

3 Likes

Finishing up “Granny Stella”. (Stella x Grandaddy Purple) @ 63-days

Tough grow all around, but she smells incredible.

Big girl……

Very sticky.

3 Likes

A few more bud shots from this run.

4 Likes

Final shot of the girls. This run is done.

5 Likes

Final thoughts

I changed quite a few things up on this run and captured some valuable experience.

We struggled a bit in flower. I think it was a combination of factors.

1. incorrect PH in the grow medium. Not only did I start out with wildly different PH values for different bags of Fox Farms Coco Loco, I was correcting to PH levels for straight coco, 5.8 - 6.3. Turns out FF recommends PH for coco loco to be more inline with soil. 6.3-6.8

2. The light! It burns! First time outside a tent with the Mars Hydro FC-6500s. I think the LEDs were a bit bright and helped to exacerbate the nutrient deficiencies. Need to tone it back and tune it in.

3. The LEDs generate much less heat than the HPSs. My family likes it cold. We don’t use much heat in the winter and nighttime temps dropped into the low 60’s F every night. I had to tune room ventilation to allow daytime temps to rise to about 75-degrees F. Lots of purple in this bunch.

4. I pruned later than I should have. -around the 3rd week. I wanted to wait out the stretch a bit but in retrospect, it certainly introduced stress and I found myself plucking nanners off Colin OG who did its best to knock up the rest of the run. Dohhhhh!

5. I don’t think the “ghetto sterilization” I posted about early helped with the PH issues. I also don’t think I was able to replenish the microbes effectively with supplements. Fox Farms does not recommend any sort of sterilization with coco loco. I believe them.

The bud quality was generally very good and the yield inline with my expectations, but I definitely can do better.

1 Like