šŸ‘ØšŸ½ā€šŸŒ¾ Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

What I did:

1. Over-dry the flowers on the branches; about 7 days,
  2. Hand crumble these flowers off their branches into a container. If the turn to dust go to step 3, if not then let dry as crumble a few more days.
  3. Make sure the flower is dust/crumble. I do this with gloved hands, and sift the mass through my fingers in the same way I get butter to incorporate with flour when making shortbread. (if you donā€™t know this techniqueā€¦ LEARN IT.)
  4. This mass is tossed into a DRY bubble-bag, in this example I used 73 microns.
  5. I shake this over a big-ass bowl. (In actuality I had the bag open and was ā€œwigglingā€ the bag so the mass inside was rolling over and over itself like a wave coming into a beachā€¦ hard to describe other wise as itā€™s a ā€œslight of handā€ deal.)
  6. Every now and then, I brushed down the collections to make the pile; this let me know when I needed to stop as there would be heavy accumulation at the startā€¦ and then ā€œis this a waste of my time nowā€ accumulation near the end. :+1:

Thereā€™s gotta be better ways but as a first Iā€™m satisfied!

12 Likes

the coins!!!

28 Likes

Wow. OK. Well Iā€™m half way there. I Chopped off 1 bud to test out from Godā€™s Cookies and it over dried in 2 days, I jarred it for the last 5 days and itā€™s sitting at 40% RH. I DID JUST crumble it by hand to get the seeds. So now all I gotta do Is sift it in a bag? Why we letting it dry out so much? So the tricombs fall away from the plant material? @Pigeonman

7 Likes

I canā€™t wait to show off my Jew Gold 1974 Card with seeds & the Gold coin = Awesome sauce.

10 Likes

I care about the seeds. I want those casings HARD with no broken babies to be. Thatā€™s my reason at least.

8 Likes

Makes sense, But doesnā€™t this degrade the smell/tatse of the dry sifted tricombs?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s such a little concern for me tbh. A seed-run is a seed-runā€¦ getting something consumable from the task is a bonus.

Both @Floyd and @Foreigner make FANTASTIC hash; mayhap they can chime in with suggestions or concerns?

6 Likes

I wanna know how Jew Gold 1974 keif does, Smells, tastes :thinking: :yum:

Hella yeah and you killed it. Thank you. You have Preserved a part of Cannabis Collectors History.

8 Likes

@Pigeonman I think instead of curing my plants Iā€™ll just dry sift them. Probably make collection of seeds alot easier.

4 Likes

Looking good man. Itā€™s so simple and works so well itā€™s a beauty.

2 Likes

The biggest variable is time spent sifting. The first little bit is super clean followed by a little less. I do grades and collect small bits at a time :+1:

Shake for 45 seconds, collect, repeat until it strikes you as too green.

Now you need a hash pipe :joy:šŸ„·šŸ»

And you can press it if it suits you :+1:

11 Likes

Thanks. And thanks for reminding me that I really need to get to it and make some soon. Bags are piling up in the freezer.

4 Likes

Nice. Here I didnā€™t think gelt could get any better than chocolate insideā€¦ and youā€™ve gone and filled them with seeds. Any chance you have a few hundred extras so I can pass them out to the local Hasidics? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Bubble is nice too but itā€™s a lot more work. The dry sift takes 10 minutes including cleanup.

2 Likes

Over 20 years ago I made a tumbler using an electric BBQ spit for dry sift. That made it even easier. Lol
I still prefer Ice hash though, even if it is more work.

4 Likes

Tumbler is a great idea but I find shaking more than sufficient.

I guess a tumbler is better for bulk. I prefer to keep the green out as much as I can. Doesnā€™t mean itā€™s trash, just a different grade.

5 Likes

Oh I have a plan thatā€™s ā€œOG Mitzvahā€™sā€ all the way down!

This is a great idea! Iā€™m keeping an eye open for a shitty power drill to then clamp into a bucket stirrer for when I actually decide to make ice hash.

6 Likes

So yesterday morning i scuffed and floated my last 2 Mephisto Blood Orange Haze seeds and when i checked this am both seeds were floatinā€™ with tails!

:grin: :+1:

oh but thereā€™s more!!..

When i checked on them again a few hours later there was sitting at bottom of the shotglass a whole cotyledon!!!

I looked at the two seeds again and they both still had tails so looks like one was a twin!!

I immediatly made up a 3rd speedcup and now all 3 ā€œcotyledonsā€ are in medium, covered in a 4" pot and cruising at 25c with 85%rh :ok_hand:

18 Likes

They canā€™t wait to be big plants.:green_heart:

3 Likes

Damn now thatā€™s some nice seeded bud rewards. Talk about fast autos damn! Congrats on jew gold. Lmao my spell check wouldnā€™t let me put jew kept changing it to new had to use other phoneā€‹:joy::joy:

3 Likes