👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

I expected more Omega Pot coverage with the whole Dr Stranglove reference!

4 Likes

Oh that’s coming @Slick1.

I plan on clearing out the 4x4 this weekend to get it in there and then get in some prelim test runs as the MDS grows bigger in a diff tent.

1 Like

I didn’t mean the seeds in the pic where tiny and pale, only that in my personal experience they don’t all have to be plumb tiger stripped dragon eggs to germinate.
Good vibes

1 Like

Oh i got that but thanks for ensuring clear communication! Yeah, the plan with any/all of these baggies is once I get the space and time i’ll dump the contents of a single type onto a layer of castings and hope as many (or all!) pop so I can fill my 4x4 with them and let them do their thing.

2 Likes

MEXICAN DEATH SATIVA:

Happy camper! Still a little leggy so “she’s” getting support. :hugs:

:hugs: :metal: :globe_with_meridians:

14 Likes

KOSHER KUSH S1 PROJECT:

Chunky ladies are hawt. These ladies are hawt. QED.

I will be pollenating these girls for the fourth time tomorrow evening.

So much sugar starting to come in on these lemon nuggets…

I swear these look like there are seeds coming, but what the hell do I know?

There are some “white patches” on the leaves here and there as they were soaked down yesterday eve with a good dose of potassium bicarbonate + peroxide mix. I was heavy handed with the PB going with 1.5tsp vs 1 so there was “crust” after everything dried :laughing:

13 Likes

MENDO BREATH S1:

She’s going strong and seems less silly in her tent due to the growth going on. Taking her out of the tent for a misting in the bathtub let me see her colour is a healthy green so there have been no changes to the plan.

When she’s big enough, i’m gonna top her and take off any branched growth for the 1st round of clones; some for consumption & some for creating new medicines.

Thanks for checking in! Hoping your ladies and gents in tents are happy as they can be!

13 Likes

Solid bro! Looking forward to watching you’re work!

3 Likes

My Mendo Breath, still the shortest of 6 genetics this run, up-pot to 3 gal soil in 7 days, going to 12/12 Thanksgiving!

10 Likes

They look so happy! :hugs:
I have a feeling mine is gonna be a :star: as well just needs her time. Today i’m gonna surprise her with sole worm castings as a top dressing! I’m sure she’s gonna love it. :smiley:

2 Likes

MEXICAN DEATH SATIVA:

“She” has floppy ears like dumbo and is totes-adorbs as a result!

I’ve moved “her” into the 2x2 to join Miss Mendo Breath…

…and the MOMENT this happened this song got stuck in my head:

I think the MENDO BREATH S1 is in agreement; look at her canopy coming in :smiley:

AND THEN THIS GOT STUCK IN MY HEAD:

Which leads directly into the NEXT PROJECT IN MOTION:

SOLOCUP RUN PT2!!! for @Indoornesian 's 1st Annual Member’s Only Gear solo cup challenge!

I’m going with 4x strains from 4x amazing people.

MI5 x Midnight Express; by @Senor_frijoles
Strawberry Shortcrack; by @Yetigrows
Trizzler F2; by @Mr.Sparkle
Ghost Rose x Cookie Devil; by @ReikoX

CAN you HEAR the LOVE tonight?!.. I CAN!

18 Likes

That’s a mighty fine selection ya got there…

2 Likes

Is that a special pot to pop seeds?

2 Likes

And what on earth have you done to your plants lol!

Some seriously experienced experimental advanced training?

3 Likes

I am going to start at the top :slight_smile: and find any other threads posts lol

2 Likes

@Indoornesian thank you! I’m looking forward to seeing how they all turn out.

@Calix; the “pot” is actually 2x bottoms of take-out containers; one turned over the other. I LOVE them as my go-to under-pot tray or in this case light blocker :smiley:

The plants surrounding the new darlings are my 4x mothers; 3x plants I was gifted clones and 1x smoke staple that I won’t let go. UK Cheese, Kosher Kush and Pink Cookies are the clones, Gelato 33 is the smoking staple. Gelato is 2 years old and the other 3 are a little over 1 year old. Root trimmed every few months, defoliated when I feel like it, and on a stead feed of nutrients.

I shaped them by crushing the stems as I bend; this way I avoid a break as the fibres are there but pulped to become malleable. I then bend them in weird fucking ways so they’ll fit :laughing: My Dwarf Pomegranate bonsais is almost 20 years old… so I have gained enough experience points along the way to do shit like this on a laugh. :hugs:

8 Likes

Wonderful selection of genetics to keep around!
2 years! Wow!

I am glad I asked! I am holding onto 3 plants which I had planned on keeping for mothers if I noticed any notible superior genetic traits , but obviously I’ve only seen them veg .

I have a L.A.confidential (fast flowered, partially why I wanted a mother)
Blue monster and a birthday cake (my only successful clone )

I will try all those techniques for containing the mothers, slowing growth and not hurting them too badly.

They suffered some root shock my last transplants or my soil mix didint sit well. Only recovering now.

I tried taking some cuts the other day, but I couldn’t get many good ones, well see.

Do you have trouble getting new growth Or any tricks , to get them from the moms?

Mine have been veggie since end of July.

Here’s are my tortured trees lol b cake. Blue monster, L.A .C

7 Likes

Love and care. All I can really say. Most keep mothers to clip and perpetuate the grow; but I have em as houseplants now with the OPTION of accessing their pheno love!

When I do clone from them; I grow em out especially for this and then select the best branches to work with. Then it’s just a matter of keeping them happy until they in turn keep me happy.

Your trees look VERY HAPPY! My mothers are all in 1L pots so based on those chonky legs they have you could clone a bunch and keep the best one in a smaller pot as mothers. Or not :laughing:

3 Likes

Haha yesl

As in - take clones , and flower these girls. Makes sense!!

That sounds like a much more efficient way to contain and keep mothers while saving floor space !

I’ll keep an eye out for happy new green growth. Now they’re off the concrete it shouldn’t be a problem.

Love the house plants.

Thanks

3 Likes

You got this @Calix … AND MORE! :fist:

3 Likes