👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

This happened yesterday; and is for the “Indoornesian’s first annual 16-18 oz. Cup Challenge! Members Only Gear!”

Speedcups are prepped: BOG Veg Mix (BX/WormCastings/perlite/bonemeal/bloodmeal) + 2cm topping of pure worm castings:

3 out of 4 popped tails after 24hrs:

The 3x that popped tails are buried up to their necks; while the bean yet to pop is sitting on top of the castings with it’s water cup keeping cover:

All tucked in; no direct light and the pots add a little microclimate within the dome climate:

I hope to find the Ghost Rose x Cookie Devil pop a tail by tomorrow evening.

:hugs: :metal: :globe_with_meridians:

14 Likes

Mad scientist vibes for sure.

4 Likes

KOSHER KUSH S1 PROJECT:

Well… I THINK THIS IS WORKING!!! and tonight is start of week 6 of flower.

Last night was the 5th and LAST pollen application making the whole process a 25 day span event with brushing yellow dust onto flowers getting stickier and stickier every 5th day at lights on. :hugs:

MENDO BREATH S1:
She’s filling in! I’ve been so excited I accidentally over fed her and she asked me to calm down with her new leaves coming in all crinkled.

MEXICAN DEATH SATIVA:
“She” is loving her new space so “she’s” stretching out and I do hope “she” is in fact… a SHE!

A tent is always better with friends :hugs:

SOLO CUP RUN 2
Ugh. Mixed update because my work week escalated so much and so fast that I forgot to take off the dome for 1x day and this:

1 day doesn’t mean much unless something like having 99% humidity… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It’s day 4 and sadly I think the 2 out of 4 have succumb to damping issues. 1 is trying, and the other 1x is questioning if it even wants to go any further. Ugh. May pop more but may also just focus on what makes it and take the issues as a ‘hint’.

Thanks for checking in! I wish only the best for you and yours!

19 Likes

FUCK.. Is an understatement…

I up potted my Mexican Death Sativa the other day in a NON-SPEED POT and after a few days of looking great it started to wilt!

It was the whole plant, and lifting the pot it was weighty so it had a lot of water in it. I then carefully used a chopstick to poke holes in the medium to increase airflow, and then left it overnight… and it was worse.

This time though I noted something different, the 2 lowest leaves were getting CRUNCHY; which meant that IT WASN’T OVERWATERING, IT WAS DRY and the roots weren’t in the saturated part of the pot yet so the weight was irrellivant to the plant’s ability to access available water!!!

I paniced and immediately sprayed it down with distilled water to saturate the vegative growth every 30 minutes and watched it slowly perk up. I then used a baster to drip more distilled water directly at the base of the plant in order to soak the roots that are desperate for water.

Thankfully this is working but I have no idea how much it may have effected the growth of the plant until I give it some time to tell me.

This week has not been so great; but at least I’m learning :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

Thank you for continuing to share….even during the “not so good” days/weeks.
It’s a testament for us newbs, there will always be a learning curve. :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you for your kind words @KanehB. Note that I haven’t posted and photos of this as I don’t want to see it later on but y’all can TRUST ME that it’s unhappy but hopefully will be fine…

I’ve been growing plants for 30 years, cannabis for 4 and I still feel like a newb!

:laughing: / :sob:

:wilted_flower:

6 Likes

:canada: 'sorry about the delayed updates for anyone that cares!

Mendo Breath S1: Veg Day 46 (since hitting :potable_water:)

It’s growing absolutely CRAY-CRAY in the best way. My back hurts today so these shots aren’t the greatest but you can at least see all the branching that’s coming in!

I’m going to take off her head soon and clone another strong plant which will get hit up with my Kosher Kush S1 pollen.

MEXICAN DEATH SATIVA: Veg Day 24 (since hitting :potable_water: )

Well I screwed up but learned something with this one.

As mentioned a few days back the pot was VERY HEAVY WITH WATER but it was clearly NOT SATURATED where the :mexico: :skull: :seedling: 's roots were reaching. The whole plant gave me the “droop” that usually comes with OVERWATERING, so I left it for the day hoping for the best but came back full on wilt and tips getting crispy. I panicked and using a turkey baster directly but very slowly saturated the root mass at the base of the main stem and soaked the leaves down with distilled water.

A few more spray down’s and in an hour or so it was perking back up and I’ve been babying it ever since. Here’s the first photo I was willing to take and show; the lowest leaves are almost totally crunchy, and the tips of the second lowest are still green but bone dry. (I plant on removing the dried material on the weekend).

At least it didn’t suffer alone… well, only the MDS suffered but the Mendo Breath S1 kept “her” company.

Even after all this I still have no idea if it’s male or female. I was going to toss it into my 2x4 currently in flower for a few days and hope to see pistils vs :banana: 's.

Kosher Kush S1 Seed Run: Day ???* Flower Week 7 (*it’s been a blur tbh).

I think I actually have BEANS coming in! :open_mouth:

These buds look like none I’ve ever grown before; including my “partially successful” seed run with 8x crosses. Those plants were fox-tailed like crazy and didn’t show the formations we see in the above photo.

If what I am seeing are in fact seeds I may end up actually finishing the seed sorter I was making in the garage for the past run. It’s going to feel really nice to be able to actually have a decent amount to share here on OG after all the effort of cloning, STS reversal, paintbrush pollination and waiting.

TBH it was a lot of fun to learn all of that regardless of the joy of sharing! :hugs:

On a semi-random note; always leave searches active on Kijiji for things you may eventually need cause you may score hardcore when someone just decides to give-up…

In the box:
1x AC INFINITY CLOUDLINE T6 (with hose/clamps)
1x AC Infinity RAXIAL S6 (with hose/clamps)
1x AC Infinity Air Carbon Filter 6" (1x cycle of use)
1x RapidLED Far Red Initiator Puck (with lens & AC adaptor)
1x RapidLED UVA Trichome Enhancement Puck (with AC adaptor, no lens needed for this one)

Time search left active for “AC Infinity T6” = 3 months
Total cost to me: $200 + 10min drive :rofl: !!!

WHO’S GONNA OVERHAUL HIS TENTS THIS WEEKEND!!!??

Thanks for checking in and may your gardens seek the skies and give thee hefty bounty!!!

23 Likes

That’s one hell of a kijiji score!

4 Likes

I know! It still freaks me out. I think he was also moving dec 1st so he lowballed it all to move and I lucked out hardcore!

4 Likes

:+1:

Nice Score!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Does anyone else have a 40 year old Christmas Cactus flowering too? :smiley:

19 Likes

Pretty n pink. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Who doesn’t?

Hey everyone get a load of this guy! He thinks his 40 year old Christmas Cactus is better than all of our 40 year old Christmas Cactuses! Next he’s going to post pics of his 50 year old Hanukah Coral like we don’t all have those too!

7 Likes

PFFFTTT… I’m not Jewish and my best friend who IS can’t keep a dandelion alive!

I could ask if your 30 year old Grapefruit tree was fruiting; but mine isn’t so I didn’t bother.

8 Likes

Oh man that is spectacular.

2 Likes

UPDATE: MEXICAN DEATH SATIVA:

Day 28 of veg and it’s doing thankfully well considering the dry-out issue earlier. I will need to get this thing into my flowering tent asap to confirm it’s sex, and afterwards it’ll get potted into the OMEGAPOT and i’m going to hope for the best :smiley: :crossed_fingers:

UPDATE: MENDO BREATH S1:

I’m going to take off it’s top this weekend and then start the cloning process.

The sheer amount of branching happening with this one makes me very happy. :joy:

OTHER:

I also started 4x more Auto flowers (*same strains as before) as a second start for the solo-cup run; and 2x photo periods: 1x BOG’s Sour BluTooth F2, and 1x Crockett’s Tangie F2 which will end up as cloning stock. I also took the time to trim the UK Cheese mother in order to start up 4x clones with the hopes of 2x solid plants for next years outdoor run, and if the other 2x survive they will become gifts. :hugs:

So far every seed but 1x showed a tail and is in soil; and the clones are doing their thing:
Thanks for checking in, all the best to you and yours!

11 Likes

@Pigeonman everything looks immaculate bro!

Hope the MDS is a lady, and that Mendo Breath S1 looks like a champ! That top is gonna make a nice fat clone :grinning:

Those are gonna be enormous :star_struck:

4 Likes

All hail the Omega Pot!

3 Likes

That is amazing, I have one the same age but only one bloom, what do you do for it?

2 Likes

Spring/summer/fall it’s outdoors getting monthly feedings; but then in the late fall i bring it inside and stop the feedings and just water. It usually starts budding outside and that’s when I bring it in :smiley:

3 Likes