👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

Is that solo cup tek just holding the cups upright?

2 Likes

Correct! I cut a hole with an Olfa knife just shy the outer diameter of the solo-cup’s portion that is in line with the bottom of this dollar store “nick-nak” tray (sold in sets of 3 for 2$) so the cup is held upright when the plant gets top heavy and the roots dry out.

Under the tray is a small saucer as a drip tray for the solo-cup, and the mesh walls make for good airflow!

@Bobgrows makes an amazing 3D printed version as well which is much nicer that what I made up out of scraps. :+1:

7 Likes

AWW YEAH!

Check out these happy lil’ darlin’s!

The 2x still under the 4" pots are #3 & #4 Blackout Bobby x Superfreak (Testers) from @ShitSeeds. Both of these were scuffed and soaked in H202+distilled water for 36 hours before planting. #1 and #2 were in soil for a week and needed to be *dug up, hand-cracked, re-soaked for 24 hours, and then sported tails and are now growing well!

So, these 2 are expected to do the same thing as holy harp these shells are tough as a Slavic Babuskha!

Additionally Celia tried to KILL ME last nightWITH CUTENESS!

All the best folks!

:grin: :love_you_gesture: :

24 Likes

I’m gonna show that picture to my sons Baba lol She’s gonna laugh, in a scary Euro way lol

Those shells were certainly a mission to get cracked. The seeds I have drying now are much easier to pop, thankfully.
I’m interested to see what you have there, and compare to what I’ve popped here, but if its anything like the mom, its going to be a stinking terpy beauty.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

@ShitSeeds that sounds awesome!. And yeah, these seeds are bastards to pop. Seeds #3 & #4 have yet to show so come tomorrow I’ll dig them up and then hand crack, re-soak and then get back into soil 24 hours later :+1:

On a side note regarding the Jalisco :mexico: Landrace plants… #5 was my favourite one running but the last weeks of any grow can tell you a lot.

#5 is still my favourite plant while growing but this was purely aesthetically + stem rub smell… but now that it’s litterally the end of the run I can say with out a doubt that #6 is the “winner-winner; chicken-dinner” of this run.

The top cola is both MASSIVE AND ROCK HARD where #5 has thrown whispy-foxtails during this same time period.

So, some of the plants fattened up their buds into rocks; while others fluffed out albeit in a very pretty way.

So looks like the next run with these in a few weeks will be done with: Jalisco :mexico: Landrace #6: Shorty.

:metal: :grin: :+1:

8 Likes

I am looking forward to seeing the Jalisco. I hope it is good stuff.

2 Likes

Jalisco :mexico: Landrace: (water withheld the past 7 days as they ripened up.)

Todays the day… and I’m trying to psych myself up to do the deed of cropping them as they have been a part of the household for some 15 weeks. :sob:

It’s gotta be done, and I don’t think revegging is an option for multiple reasons including space, time, and tbh interest. The only times i’ve successfully reveged is when I initially PLANNED on doing so. When i do it on a whim it doesn’t ever work out and just ends up wasting space and time. :man_shrugging:

I have a bag of brown paper lunch bags I plan on using to keep each plant separate and labeled. The nugs will be cut small into the bags so they all fit and then will place these bags OPEN into my drying rack with a fan underneath for airflow.

Granted I’ve got at least a good 1hr of photography to do in order to document each plant using my snazzy new :camera_flash: set-up. :+1:

Solo-Cups: (all given a treatment of BudBusterPro today.)

Purple Urkle BX1: Growing tall and strong, shows no signs of :banana: or nutrient issues.

Stuck in Plain Sight: Node laden, and squatter than the PU; also no :banana: or nute issues.

BOG Sour Bubble: Shortest plant, the main stem spiraled above the soil line. No :banana: but some yellowing due to accidentally leaving wet feet. :man_facepalming:

C99 BB1: Big and bushy BUT worst nute issues with yellowing leaves and some necrosis showing. I’ve been feeding it bonemeal tea with PH 6.0 to compensate and been keeping a stronger eye on this one as it’s the only one annoyed. No :banana: though. :+1:

Detroit Big Energy x Roadkill Skunk: Big and bushy, some yellowing, no :banana: . Tough as nails like the people of Detroit. :metal:

UK Cheese CLONES: (all given a treatment of BudBusterPro today.)

Strong and stacking. They would be desperate for an up-potting if it were not for the air-pots. I’m going to flush them soon and do some defoliation and structure training. The up-potting will occur sometime next year.

WINTER RUN: (all given a treatment of BudBusterPro today.)

Three of the males Rockstar (plant 2), Bubblegum500, Tropicana Cookies have been culled. :cry:
The fourth male, the Thai has been kept in the MedCab 2x4 for pollen collection. :+1:

Alien OG: TALL! I was worried it’s a male but no signs of :banana: so I guess I’ll just have to enjoy a larger plant? (:man_shrugging: / :rofl: )

Horny Horse Cherry Red Shitfest F1: ALSO TALL with the same worries. The stems of this plant are rhubarb red and smell fantastic.

Blueberry Twist S1: Stacking and squat. When I lift a fan leaf it’s like Endor in there. :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree:

Rockstar (plant 1): A BEAUTY and almost as tall as the AOG & HHCRSF. A little yellowing on the lower leaves but nothing to worry about. I need to top it this weekend and then hope to heck that I clone it properly. :rofl:

BOG’s Sour Strawberry (Gushers Edition): A green poofball :rofl: Great colour, nice leaf structure, etc, etc, etc. Good genes from great growers.

Buddha’s Cane: Great colour, wonderful leaf structure and getting bigger and bigger every day @ShitSeeds :hugs: .

Chocolate Chunk(s): ALL are above ground and moving along. Currently they are rather small, even the oldest one but I’ve got time. :+1:

Texada Timewarp(s): ALL are also above ground and moving along! Just like the CC’s they are smaller than i’d like but these are vegging out over the winter for a SUMMER OUTDOORS so they can do what they want so long as they get their shit together by March. :rofl:

Blackout Bobby x Superfreak (@ShitSeeds 1st Testers): Anything difficult is usually worth doing… and that’s gonna be the case with these early testers. The first 2 seeds were soaked with no tap showing, then planted for a week, dug up, hand cracked, re-soaked and then planted WITH tap root showing. Those 2 plants are coming along.

The second 2 were also soaked, planted with no tap showing, and this morning dug up with one cracked open by hand before replanting, but the other had a tap root! The shell casing was still very firm together so I did my best to pinch it just enough to feel the casing “give way” before replanting it back into the same cup. Now it’s more of the waiting game!

:grin: :+1:

16 Likes

SNEEK PEEK!:

:metal: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

31 Likes

Its like a sexy fan dance! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I didn’t have any paper @Habitt so this was how I kept track of the plant #'s while shooting their 360 degree rotations for their animated gifs :hugs:

But also YES!! :rofl:

5 Likes

Soooo, when do we get to see the “full bush”? :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Tomorrow after i lwt my eyes rest from soooooooo much screen-time :rofl:

6 Likes

You keep this up and those plants are gonna get big heads! :star_struck:

5 Likes

HERE WE GO!!!

:play_or_pause_button: :arrow_down: :+1:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (27)

I did A LOT OF WORK YESTERDAY. :stuck_out_tongue:

The BIG DEAL is the fact that the Jalisco :mexico: Landrace seed-run is now done , documented and drying in bags. :blush:

Left to right, from top to bottom: Plants 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, & 10.

Up close and personal they are absolute things of beauty!

This was the bittersweet moment of the night…

…and then.

:camera_flash: in the bags.

Once in the marked bags I placed them on my drying rack with the top open and a fan underneath so they all dry out to become dust but also don’t mix-up or drop any seeds onto the floor. :+1:

I closed-up the tents before I chopped them down so they didn’t have to watch. :crazy_face: :+1:

Here are the females that are now starting week 2 of flower: Rockstar (@Andrane ), Alien OG (@Oldtimerunderground ), Blueberry Twist (@GorillaSeeds ) BOG’s Sour Strawberry (Gushers) (@CADMAN ), & of course my own Horny Horse Cherry Red Shitfest F1 (Me! :rofl: ).

The Rockstar in the back right is of course being a show-boat and getting taller than all the others so I’m improvising to even the canopy height. Silly looking?.. yes! But equally functional!

Moving along to the AC Infinity 2x4 we can see all the plants in veg, and all are doing great! This tent runs @ 24/0 because that’s how I roll. :ok_hand:

Up close here is @ShitSeeds Buddha’s Cane S1 growing strong.

Next up are the 2x Peanut Butter Breath F2’s from @Purple-N-Hairy . One I have nicknamed "Trifoliate: and the other “Crunchy”. Why it’s crunchy I have no idea but it’s still growing well! :crazy_face:

Here’s Trifoliate:

And here is Crunchy:

Wow, what a ride and a day! It’s nearly 10am right now as I wrap this up but i’ve been editing photographs since around 7am! :rofl: :crazy_face: :tired_face: :grin:

…but why so long for what you see above? WELL here’s the thing…

IT’S ALL THESE ANIMATED GIFS OF THE JALISCO’S IN ALL THEIR GLORY THAT TOOK SO DAMN LONG!!!

:rofl: :+1:

Jalisco Plant #1:

Jalisco Plant #2:

Jalisco Plant #5:

Jalisco Plant #6:

Jalisco Plant #9:

Jalisco Plant #10:

Thanks so much for stopping on by!!!

ezgif.com-gif-maker (29)

:metal: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

34 Likes

Seriously clean room and great looking buds like your green light .

6 Likes

It’s my go-to light in this room for lights off because my old 4x4 is quite the sieve. I’d be having problems if it weren’t for having a dark as dungeon basement to set this all up in due to the windows being sealed with Reflectix for insulation with the ducting venting ports. :+1:

Thanks for the love, it’s a lot of work but the same level of love. :hugs:

4 Likes

I have green lights too. For the same reason. lol When I work in there after lights out it’s like a submarine.

1 Like

My old vivosun tent is a friggin lite-brite. Like a trip to the planetarium.

2 Likes

@Pigeonman Incredible post!! :star_struck: You raised the bar so high I can’t even see it anymore.
ezgif.com-gif-maker

The second I saw you post, I liked it instantly out of instinct, ran and grabbed some Meridian Haze, rolled a big one, took a huge puff, and hit play! :grinning:
Awesome soundtrack, I’m for sure gonna have that song rockin through my head all day.

Congratulations on an epic run with the Jalisco :clap: beautiful plants :heart_eyes:

I could watch them spin all day. Thank you for all the effort you put into everything :pray:

9 Likes

Dang @Pigeonman you put in work with that post and in your grow room, nice work and keep up the good fight!

2 Likes