👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

Always some great updates @Pigeonman ! :metal::sunglasses:
Looking B-E-A - utiful!

4 Likes

Nice as always…

4 Likes

20230109_201845

4 Likes

Really dislike how the leaves grow on her, ( not anything your doing, just how the plant grows ) but as long as she’s stinky Strawberry & buds look nice, who cares about her “butterface” hahaha

5 Likes

the rockstar catches my eyes the most really nice stack and structure, 2nd maybe the Aog keep killin it

3 Likes

This was a decade long quest! I’m equally grateful at the fact that it’s going so well :smiley:

Thanks everyone!!

:hugs:

5 Likes

did u get a clone or just going to pop more seeds and look for another keeper

2 Likes

This Rock :star: was from a seed trade with @Andrane who had these F2’s from a friend but had yet to grow them so this is a test for the both of us I guess :smiley: . This plant did lightly herm on me but it was in the acceptable way where it only took plucking a few :banana: 's and keeping a sharp eye on it so it was in a way lucky I didn’t clone this one and just let it grow.

@Granola is being so kind to send me some cuts of their Rockstar again when the weather gets more stable as Canada post failed us with the first one that was sent last year. :crossed_fingers: all goes well this time around… (shakes fist at CanPost)

Rockstar was my daytime smoke for over 2 years when it was readily available hence my quest for so very long.

11 Likes

awesome man! thanks for the reply

2 Likes

I’m kinda sad that the Rockstar hermed. Even if it was just a little. I truly wanted to do something with those beans but I dont want to take the time and breed out bananas. The plant I grew from them didn’t herm…maybe just a unlucky pick…:man_shrugging:. I’ll be Interested to watch the rockstar that @Granola sends you!

3 Likes

It could also be my new light and the fact that the Rockstar is trying to climb up it’s throat. :rofl:

2 Likes

FUCKING WHITE FLIES!!

:sob:

They surprised me in my purple Hibiscus and now there all in the Jew Gold 1974 :anger: . This is the second soaking of Safers End All and they are still flapping around after they dried off and were poked. I’m mixing up 1L of mosquito larva kill to drench the soil tomorrow as they were still heavy today…

FUCK!

12 Likes

11 Likes

You know what I found a lot more effective for contact kill on insects. Regular dish soap. Dawn works great! I would argue it is better then almost all professional brands for vegetative plants. A tablespoon in a half gallon of water. When lights go off spray the entire plant. When lights go on spray residue off with normal water to prevent burning.
White fly life cycle timing: At 70ºF, the greenhouse whitefly life cycle takes: 6-10 days for egg hatch, 3-4 days as a nymph I, 4-5 days as nymph II, 4-5 days as nymph III, 6-10 days for the pupa. Adults can live for 30 to 40 days .

It is important to time your sprays to effect the life cycle of the pest. In white fly case you will want to hit the plant at least every 6 days to kill the unhatched insects.

10 Likes

Thanks @Andrane and YES @CanuckistanPete ! :rofl:

I’m “lucky” this is only with 3 plants of 30; and I can strip to new clothes when going downstairs… but still FUCK. :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

FUCKKKKKKKKKK… Pour SAND ontop of your soil, as deep as 1 inch if possible… let soil dry out also. @Pigeonman

SAND stops them Bastereds from coming back from larva stage

6 Likes

No sand in the house and with airpots it’s a bigger issue…

Dry out = on it!
Spraying = every day

4 Likes

That’s WHY I stopped using airppots lol
I just do the old Hemmpy style. 1 pot with 1 hole in it.

3 Likes

this is the 1st bug issue i’ve had since using them. I hear ya though this cross contamination took me by surprise. Thhis is also the ONLY tent that doesn’t vent outdoors.

4 Likes

Dammm. Vent that outside lol :laughing: :joy:
I did the same for a while, makes the air in room crappy. This is why I grow from seed, to help prevent crazy bugs & shit

4 Likes