Fast curing method 🤔

I built a tent specifically to keep my humidity constant for my cure. To me it’s that important. And I’ve noticed a tremendous difference in the final taste and smell. I was finally able to let the weed take two weeks or longer to dry at a constant 60% humidity . This slow dry process really makes a difference . Once you drop below 55% humidity for an extended period your cure is over . To me that makes grass clippings . Literally it was the last piece of the puzzle for me. You can grow great looking and smelling weed but if your cure is shit, the weed is as well.

I then jar them up and keep them in a dark somewhat cool basement. I put the Boveda 58s in for a longer term storage and have some jars that are now a year old and are between 57 and 58% humidity. When you open those jars the smell is intoxicating. That’s a very stark contrast to the fresh cut lawn smell I used to get just hanging to dry and not watching humidity and praying that they finished before they molded

1 Like

I’ve had quick-dried weed at a party before… we were running out, an hour later a dude came in with an arm-length branch that went right into the oven. It was objectively terrible; good enough for a bunch of drunks who would’ve been out of weed otherwise, but there was some left over the next morning and I couldn’t bring myself to take more than one hit.

I dry in a partition of my flower room at 75-80F and 62% humidity; haven’t had any problems with mold yet, and it still smells and tastes great. If I’m losing secondary metabolites, I can’t tell without lab tests anyway… no chance of that happening in the next few decades, since my state is never going to legalize homegrowing.

As far as Bovedas, I’ve found they impact the taste and smell if they’re used to dry; if they’re used to keep it moist rather than dry, it doesn’t seem to cause any problems.

3 Likes

pretty close to my numbers. 72 -75F, and 60-61% humidity. basement won’t get any colder without ac, but I can control humidity with a mini humidifier and mini dehumidifier.

same thoughts on the bovedas too… you smelled that lemon jar I had, that’s a year old now!!! but the buds were at 60% when jarred, so the bovedas purpose is long term, not drying, same as you.

I gotta try grove bags sometime… but I just bought a dozen 64oz Mason jars rofl…

4 Likes

I could probably get the temps lower, but it’s just not worth it… have to run the AC for the whole house 24/7 to get it below 75 in the summer. That would mean I’d have to actually pay for electricity, which I don’t like doing. :stuck_out_tongue: The whole point of growing was not having to pay for it anymore, and it’s not like what I was getting from the black market before compared in any way to home-grown and properly cured… if I’m losing a tiny bit from my cure, I can live with it.

3 Likes

This can’t be the official website :sob:

1 Like

I’ve heard bovedas impact taste that’s why I purchased the Integra boosts

yeah, thats the price for 1,000 bags.

try this page

Build-Your-Own Variety Pack - Grove Bags Store

1 Like

Yea, this. :thinking:

speeding up the curing process can leave your weed tasting and smelling harsh

enough said

as for why its a trash article, would you enjoy an article that said “how to make and enjoy a shit sandwich?”

removing moisture evenly from a product isnt unique to cannabis, its well known that you want an even and smooth drying process suitable to the product, not with random humidity or temperature spikes that disrupt the process and therefore reduce the quality of the result. each step of growing, harvest, drying, etc matters. They are documented and discussed.

Rushing your drying process results in a rushed product that is inferior.

1 Like

That is not what the article is saying…you’re over exaggerating the context in the article. It is not saying “how to make and enjoy a shit sandwich” what it’s actually saying is…“if u wanna “fast cure” you’re bud then expect it to be not good” they lay out the pros and cons.
The pros:
•you’ll be able to dry ya bud fast and smoke it
The cons:
• expect it not to smell or taste good

…not no how to make a shit sandwich and enjoy it, you misinterpreted like a mofo.

1 Like

I still think my biggest issue is they are calling it a fast cure but that’s not possible. They are not curing the bud at all. More of a fast dry.

9 Likes

If you want to fast dry bud a better way than a toaster or oven is put it in the microwave on defrost for a minute or so. Then turn it over and do it again. If you do it right you basically dehydrate the water from it and depending on how you want it, you can have it a little sticky or a bit dryer. When done right it still retains the scent and curing/storage brings this out more. Good way of doing a small amount quick. But obviously the normal method that has been tried and tested and perfected over many many years is probably the best.

3 Likes

Yes the only way to get the proper results is to play the waiting game :hourglass_flowing_sand:…I set it and forget it in essence but know it took me a long time to conquer my urge to blaze that shit up asap. There came a time when I KNEW that shit was gonna taste like tumbleweed and I smoked it anyway 🤦🏿🤷🏿‍♂️ but that was back when I had no knowledge, no guidance, just knew i wanted to grow n smoke my own shit…that was back when I was 17.

3 Likes

Really guys, the simple solution is to just go buy a bag of weed if you’re so desperate.

9 Likes

If you can’t wait just make some edibles imo

Edit :rofl: or what @Foreigner said lol

2 Likes

Grow more weed so ya can get past the quick dry days that your out.

3 Likes

2021 vintage cured bud smokes nice .

3 Likes

The point I can make an article pretending there are pros and cons to making a shit sandwich

The only reason to fast cure weed is if you’re super desperate to smoke weed. Hardly merits a whole article pretending that there’s any upside to this method aside from getting high on the spot.

2 Likes

Also frankly at that point if you’re so desperate just bust out the blowtorch like Ricky

2 Likes

Chlorophyll. Fast drying the Chlorophyll remains making for a harsher smoke imo.
Also the title to the article should be " how to DRY your weed fast." Dry it too much and you’d be unable to cure it afterwards. ( i agree @DougDawson ) At those high temperatures even half a day might make a difference. With the high levels of THCA in modern pot You would be throwing away potency. Lots of it.

1 Like