Fast sativas.......show me the way

Sup everyone, I was sitting here thinking of what to pop next and I kinda want to run a reasonably fast sativa. Possibly/more likely outdoors in containers. I’m near the gulf and outdoors is kinda relentless. Hot and super humid with temps being 70 ish all the way til Christmas usally…who has the drop on a fast tolerate sativa.

5 Likes

Sativas in general are more humidity tolerant than indicas. Why do you need it to be “fast”. You have in the 70s till December sounds like you have all the flowering time you could want.
Something like Freakshow has been noted to be PM resistant. There are also “fast flowering” strains

4 Likes

When you find one let us see.

Best I can do is a 4 week veg and 63 day finish with a Satty or satty leaning strain but that just my experience.

3 Likes

Queen Mother is a sativa dom hybrid that finishes in 8-9 weeks. I’m not sure how resistant it is to pm or mold but she fits the bill for a fast sat.

2 Likes

Anything later than late October. Is kinda a no go. As I’m not that brave to keep them out longer than that. Hell we just passed medical. I have tons of regs I could pop and serch for a female but I rather go with fems for a more for sure thing. Tho I’m probably gonna end up popping some regs…I got a good bit of mr nice haze type stuff…but that’s the rabbit hole I’m trying to avoid for now atleast. Lol

1 Like

i just ran a chocolope x kwazulu. i pulled it at f69 from seed and it could have been culled earlier. it’s very sativa. I’ve run a few other good ones that were around 11 weeks, but anything under 10 is hard to come by.

2 Likes

I mean I for sure can do some c99…and be done with it. But I wanna switch it up a little

3 Likes

Durban Poison always comes to mind

1 Like

Ace has some sativa dominant fems that should finish around your time frame. I also have some Durban (tlt-16w) x Romulan (lucky 13) regs if interested.

3 Likes

C99…
Shoeless gifted me some 7ish years ago.
Where is he, hope he is well.
Anyway it was the BOMB
I could run her clones in 40 days and it be awesome
Sold like a motorcycle hehe.
After 3 or 4 years of growing her over and over
I had to move on to new stuff.
What a strain.

5 Likes

i have a liberty haze X iron cindy cross HMU if you wanna run it. 10+ weeks

3 Likes

White Widow Rocks seedbank out of Canada has a “Road Runner” that can flower in 35 days. It is a photoperiod plant and can be revegitated. I dont know when it would finish outside. Probably early september.

Cinderella 99 is what you want. Fast, big yielding, head high in 9 weeks. I wouldn’t consider it a sativa like a nevilles haze but it’s as close as you can get in 9 weeks.

4 Likes

These are Sativas or Sativa-dominate Hybrids that are noted “fast finishers” (short flowering): Amnesia Haze (9 weeks), Tangie (7 - 9 weeks), Jack Herer (60 - 70 days), Sour Diesel (10 weeks), Super Silver Haze (9 - 10 weeks), Maui Waui/Wowie (9 - 11 weeks), Super Lemon Haze (10 weeks), and Chocolope (10 weeks). Hopefully they “fit the Bill”. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

@misterbee thanks. I’m sure you know exactly what I’m facing here. Lol have you done outdoors here if so what have you had success with.

1 Like

I’m up in Northern Maine. I do BOTH indoors and outdoors. On my Deck, I could extend the Season by enclosing my plants with Plastic, could make it to about Mid/Late October. Out back, if anticipating any Frost, I saturated the Containers/Grow Pots with water. It keeps the roots from freezing. They can take 2 - 3 nights of Frost. I’ve even taken 5 - 35 Gallons Containers into Garage’s Basement to make it to “Harvest Window”. I hate the “one day jump” from Fall to Winter (happened a few times)!! Good Luck on your efforts, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: SPECIAL NOTE: Check out “Getaway Mountain Seed”, Costal Maine. They feature “Fast Finishing”/Good Mold Restisting Strains/Varieties, most finishing MID/LATE September, mostly priced right at $60/13 Seeds. They’re CASH or “Blank Postal Money Order” ONLY, but quite trustworthy. They sell out quite fast, however. I recommend them…NOT affiliated, to be completely transparent.

13 Likes

I grew out a couple of AGs Original Haze x Original Neville’s Haze a few years ago. Most were NOT fast (14 weeks), but one gal was done in 10-11 weeks. Obviously, some of her NL5 coming through, to make her finish so fast. But still grows like a very pure sativa. Pretty fast, I’d say.

I kept a clone of her. She is one of my all time favorite plants. Really nice high.

Maybe worth a try if you find a good one :+1:

7 Likes

I think I get it now, you have a long season but are trying to avoid the main harvest season because they still do traditional prohibition-era eradication there? I would think your best bet would be to construct a shade cloth structure/frosted plastic tunnel type thing so that your plants were not visible, you have the sun and long season that they will still mature but you’ll be able to sleep easier. Then you could just go ahead with the longer season sativas and select mold/blight resistant types?

3 Likes

Plant at the forest edge. Slightly under the tree line. Tie them down and keep them lower than the surrounding weeds. I grew thousands of plants like that over 43 years and only lost a few patches to the law. PS. “Never show your plants to anyone”. :grin:

6 Likes

try amnesia fast from seedsman. finished between 9-10wks.
i grew it out last summer. it finished curing a few weeks ago.
potent sh^t. (in a good way… but kinda lives up to it’s name. i have an idea, leave the room, get to the room i’m going to and forget what the f*ck i went there for.)

3 Likes