Favorite Blueberry strains?

Lot’s of douchebags out there, selling bogus shit. Anything iconic/brand name is going to get counterfeited. Cannabis seeds aren’t like Prada handbags. You can’t check the stitching for flaws. Cannabis seeds, you have to plant and waste very valuable time and money in order to see the flaws of the Con. Do your own personal “vetting process” when buying anything. If you are not absolutely sure. Don’t buy it.

3 Likes

Gotta get it from the source nowadays imo

2 Likes

I’ve tried DJs BB, but it wasn’t for me. Hade the same problem as @arb, but not as extreme. I’ve found the terps in lots of the descendents of his cultivars though, so I’m sure the terps can be found in his gear, but I don’t think it’s something you get in every pack. :sweat_smile: Maybe an unpopular opinion but hey, it’s my experience and I’m 100% sure the gear was from DJ.

Pz :v:t2:

8 Likes

Shit. I’m trying to channel some of oleskool’s class in to my life :sweat_smile::call_me_hand: and not start every post with silliness or snark.

I remember getting a lot of blueberry back in the mid 90s…my early smoking days. It usually had a blueberry-ish smell but can’t remember ever tasting it. It never stood out especially as OG Kush was just hitting the local scene and Skunk was disappearing. Chem Dawg would be a few years later for me.

Recently was trying to decide which seeds to run & :sweat_smile: realized I had about 7 different Blueberry crosses in the collection :man_shrugging:

It’s got a reputation for herming under heavier feeds, from everything I hear, and is just kinda unimpressive compared to newer stuff.

I think it just got bypassed & DJ Short didn’t take it to loud modern bud or get anything out into the clone market or dispensary scene.

Except, that is, for Blue Dream. :joy:

It’s like a lot of heavy market impact strains like cookies or og, in that it’s got the lovers & haters. There’s 2 distinct cuts supposedly, 1 sativa dom 1 Indica, and it wore out its welcome with me circa 2007. :smoking:

So, because every thing from @Scissor-Hanz has been damn good I’ll try the northern-berry x blueberry before others. :sunglasses: :scissors:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

mmmm that sounds nice :peace_symbol: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey buddy, it’s difficult to put a figure on it but roughly 50/60 plants 10/12 strains.

Lots of cool names and promises of high thc but mostly watery terps.

I’ve a few exceptions but all considered i should have a few, when I started i didn’t think for a minute it would take this long.

I’ve plants I’m happy enough to grow again but none real blueberry terps or real real cat piss terps yet.

My hopes are hanging here :slight_smile:

9 Likes

There’s Dj short blueberry thread in Riu there’s not anything particularly promising, for the most part the experiences reflect yours.

4 Likes

The strain Honey Boo Boo from DNA Limited had a very distinctive blueberry berry smell and taste was loved by all. Has no blueberry genetics but came out blueberry :yum:

2 Likes

I went with the @Josh_Blue and DJ Short gear

Shout out to @Josh_Blue for the incredible service!

18 Likes

Wow! Please let us know how these turn out!

2 Likes

Nice Man!!! Score for the Blue :100: :fire: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

4 Likes

Interesting and glad to hear that. I’ve been sitting on a pack for a few years. Maybe it will sneak it’s way into sprouting soon.

4 Likes

Thanks for you support my friend. Anything I can do to help just holler.:facepunch:

Have you decided what your going to run first?

2 Likes

Luckily I got some time to decide. I’ll probably do 2 or 3 in my next run, I’ve got a serious blueberry itch since my last blue strain finished. Leaning towards the 90s blues, old time blues and Flo star. The grape juice cocktail you threw in though sounds tasty. What exactly is the G2 mom?

3 Likes

The G2 is a f4 parent selected by Dj and is in the Grape Krush phenotype. He was deciding whether to use it to make a gk line. I think he did make one but not sure… He gave me the mother plant to use and I made feminized seeds with my Blue Star mother. It will be your biggest grower and yielder. The quicker ones finish around 55 days and lean toward the grape bubblicous side while the sour d structured ones go another week or 2 but are worth the ‘weight’ pun intended :wink:. They are the Welch’s grape juice pheno and throw down some serious colas. I ran 9 of these per 4 x 4 under about 700w of led. 4oz plants are my expectation for a good yielder. This gal came in at 10oz in a 3/4 gal pot of coir.

And may I suggest popping the Mayberry for the most extreme hybrid blueberry flavor.

Gjc
Juice pheno

11 Likes

That looks killer!!! If it smells as good as it looks. :100: :fire: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Welches grape juice. Fermented sour grapes. I smoked a little of the od with @Kavman and some of his friends. I heard across the party something about tasting the grape. Put a smile on my face.

4 Likes

Yeah man lots of people were smiling. That grape juice cocktail I think that’s what you called it had flavor for days. I enjoyed them all.

4 Likes

Can’t go wrong with that selection. Hope you will share some photos with us.

3 Likes

The GJC pheno is in Mayberry?

4 Likes