Favorite Seed Companies

Yes I have had a very agreeable relationship with them so far. However I am just an ordinary cultivator.I haven’t had much experience with seed companies.At first I tried the Netherlands, got ripped… Then Great Britain, same thing… then I tried Ontario and got my seeds so I have never tried anywhere else…yet, lol.

I just remembered something I had heard, that there were two Ontario Seed Banks. The one I used did not take orders online. Their site gave a phone number that I had to call in order to place the order, which is how I got the seeds. Could it be that you ordered online and purchased from the “good” Ontario Seed Bank, and I was fooled and ordered from the “fake” one?

I believe it was February of 2013.

I ordered by phone also. The guy I deal with is named Richie Rich. Ironically I had just got off the phone with them about 15 minutes before you posted your text. I was making my Spring grow order. I am getting Agent Orange Purgatory,Jilly Bean and 818 headband. So far I have ordered from them Black Domina Bubble Berry,Grape Kush,Boss Hogg and Blue Dream Haze. I am fixing to cut the blue dream and grape next week they are looking awesome. I have pics on here if you want to see how they look.

1 Like

Don’t remember the guy’s name, but the seeds came in a container with q-tips stuffed in the ends. Supposed to be a strain named Jean Guy.

Yes that’s them.I know the strain you’re talking about.I was looking at the Royal 39. And that’s the same way I receive my seeds also.

In any event, it is great that you are happy with what they’ve sent you. I was not. It is a big world and not always easy to do deals. Who knows, maybe I was just unlucky. Maybe others reporting on rating sites were also just unlucky, and maybe you are lucky. Whatever works for you. Best regards

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks for the good karma vibes. I hope you are successful in your cultivation Endeavors!

1 Like

DNA genetics, Motarebel and Me lol Have used all the standards from dutch genetics to California over the years. There are gems everywhere, but I shy away from most of the big guys, as some real wicked f1’s and f2s are available much cheaper from small time growers. The selection of genetics are spread about more, and less hoarded than from some of the big seed companies. Unfortunately some of these guys come and go with trending and different localized markets. Why I love the internet, and sites like this one. A little time searching saves 10 weeks of growing crap. Med man in Canada had it goin on for a year or two, but now seems to be more concentrated on marketing and self awarding, prices doubled to make up for his lowered market share due to being pretty douchey about his breeding and labelling practices. Money seems to taint a lot of these types. Many want to charge drgreenthumbs prices for dubious stock and washed out genetics. I really loved my Vortex from TGA, bought another pack 2 years later, but got really weak plants instead of the giants I previously grew. I also bought querkle, ace of spades and another pack, searching for a purplish pheno…2 years 25 plus seeds, no purpling. Only when I bred another lady hybrid to the querkle male did I get a purplish bud coloration from a vast grow of the f1’s I made. Not knocking TGA at all, but the advertized seeds, had no more tendency for a purple keeper, than any other hybrid percentage wise. Selling the sizzle and not the steak is what I had hoped didn’t permeate the cannabis seed biz. BUT business is business, and these are plants. A good guideline is the more flashy and slick the site is, the less chances of pulling a top-shelf pheno from them. So I prefer the small scale breeder cannabis lover that puts out seeds when they are ready. A recent example is Canada’s crop king, suddenly popping up in the hydro stores (weird in itself) with a Santa Claus looking mascot, claiming awesome stuff. It may have some good lines, but most of the reviews on the web are piss poor, and the growers liking his stuff are not really experienced with a lot of lines, so yeah I would never buy from someone who basically targets the inexperienced, with flashy websites and immature marketing. BTW I still admire subcool for the information he gives freely on the web when it comes to growing, and the fact that he shows up on these sites, always offering more information. I don’t buy his seeds anymore myself, but I cannot say enough about what he has done for the industry, and continues to do.

3 Likes

Thank you for the in-depth reply. I don’t imagine anybody will argue about Ace of Spades. Subcool himself said he shouldn’t have marketed the purple when it wasn’t in most pheno’s. I am surprised Querkle didn’t show for you. For purple in TGA i trust Deep Purple but you still have a few green pheno,s. Obviously you prefer other breeders and i don’t blame you with your experiences. Keep popping those seeds and enjoying the adventure!

1 Like

It was actually the Querkle male pollen that was the most valuable product in the end. Everything I hit with his pollen had an uptick in strength, flavour and colour, and I will like Sub for that, always. My pheno adventures nowadays are focussed on males, as they are the holders of the 1/2 of the genetics and are rarely worked in numbers. I must say, most of the genetics and seed co products, grown right, gives smoke that is notches above what is commonly available on the street. I look for good flavour and smokeability, 10% more Punch (when it comes to thc or strength) is easily attainable by smoking another doob. When you grow for yourself, it isn’t an issue. Paying 10 times the price for “elite” seeds is just foolishness and ego IMO. Growing the ‘best’ is far more workable than ‘buying the best genetics’ for most of our results IMO. Cheers.

1 Like

Breeding is not my thing but i have heard from other breeders that the immune system of the plant comes primarily from the male genes also. In my experience price has little to do with quality. It is like everything, “Buyer Beware.”
The latest rumor i heard was Charlotte’s Web is going for $600 for 12 seeds. It’s for the children they claim. This is a seven to eight week strain. Conservatively say 2000 seeds a plant at four plants a light, four lights per 12 x 12. I think they could drop the price and help more children if they were willing. ( They could donate a lot i don’t know) One has to wonder though.

Charlatains (lol) Web seeds are available through greenleafsociety.ca Rare earth seeds is the grower and they are 40 bucks canadian for 40 bucks for 5 I assume fems. Proprietary strain BS money grab from the douche brothers originally. I haven’t tried them personally but the med growers up here are a little more generous than the commercial operations down south. If they have a medicinally valuable plant, they get it out there pretty quick, in my experience.

You would expect that to be standard, right. Times change but greed is the norm.

1 Like

I think i will be buying seeds from amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com, any experience with these guys and girls?

I have only mail ordered thru Attitude. I live in California so it is allowed to walk in and buy seeds. Seed Banks-Who can we trust?
We have a thread dedicated to this also.:relaxed:

By the way i never had a problem with Attitude.

Favorite seed producer?
Definitely not the charlatan who sold me these.
Ordered them from someone to test their work, but they arrived packaged by someone else. Naturally, the 2 white ones didn’t germ.
Not gonna put them on blast, but pretty disappointed.

3 Likes

I have grown seeds from these companies Bog, Resevoir, DNA, Sensi, Dutch Passion, Green House Seeds, TGA, Rare Dankness, Soma, Flying Dutchmen, TH seeds, Serious Seeds, Sagamartha, Paradise, Dj Short, and would have to say my favorite seeds i grew from a seed breeder was Reservoir seeds Sour Diesel IBL but resevoir seeds is no more and i have lost the genetics. There were some other good ones, Leroy by rare dankness i found a super good mother. Bogs lifesaver and Blue moon rocks were memorable and its been 10 years though we are trying bog again currently.

4 Likes

Good suggestions, thanks :+1:
In 2018 I’m planning to try something from Bog, and FDM has ‘General’s Daughter’ that I also must try (plus some retro-strain releases upcoming too, I believe)

1 Like

Sampling from 4 different phenotypes of Dynasty, Platinum Huckleberry GSC (really long name), and each one is slightly different, and really tasty and potent.

I have some of @Muleskinner’s Dynasty, Miss Universe x Harlequin pollen I am playing with now. All excited.

2 Likes