Favorite Strain 2017

Now that i heard the track i am… HAHAHAHA

So my all time favorite strain- actually pheno- is a special cross of pre '98 Bubba Kush x Moonshine Haze we called Hillbilly Hobby. I’m sure there are plenty of other similar crosses but this one was made just for me by a buddy, especially to grow well on my vertical racks.

Good lemon flavor, sweet notes and pungent. One or two hits does me like a good sat, smoke the whole thing and the Indica drops in hard. Finishes in 9 or 10 weeks, which just means it’s the last one to get chopped and trimmed in the batch lol. I’ve never gotten tired of it and I’ve never developed a tolerance. She’s one of a kind- but I’m happy to share. Just come to me lol

8 Likes

I had to ponder on this for a little while.

I always have many mason jars with many strains available. I usually decide which to smoke on a whim when gazing at the jars.
For the past year or so, the jars which have been depleted the quickest have been Mandala’s Satori. I really like these flowers. Flavor is yummy, sweet and tangy spice, with notes of earthy pine. Clear, long lasting high. Very uplifting and motivational. Provides intense focus for me. Music and video games become totally enthralling.

Also, Mister Dobalina originated with the Monkees over fifty years ago!

https://youtu.be/5XdT8lnJL38

5 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"Peter Tork had been in an airport one day when he heard "last boarding call for Mr. Dobalina, Mr. Bob Dobalina" over the intercom. The rest of the primitive “rap" was improvised in the studio:”
http://mentalfloss.com/article/20375/hey-hey-theyre-monkees-what-john-lennon-had-say-about-band-and-much-much-more

awesome thanks for clearing that up! now was @bigbluedog360 making a joke or is there a seed company called mr. bob dobalina? lol

1 Like

Favorite over the past year that I’ve grown? 707 Headband, HSO fem, from seed. Maaaaaan was she a keeper. Like a lot of elite keepers, not the biggest yield. But I have never in my life tasted such a pure uncut lemon; whatever recessives were bought out in that genotype when it was S1’ed, it was really something special. Like an idiot I didn’t take any cuts, being a fem bean, but that one fem bean has totally changed my perception on ALL beans, so I take cuts of everything now going forward, lol (Disclaimer: I don’t use fems in any of my breeding. Not saying anything is wrong with it or not, but that’s not what I do. But whereas before I wouldn’t even take cuts from fem stock, I now believe that taking cuts of EVERYTHING is worthwhile, because you never know what you’ll find in a bean, whether it’s fem or reg. Despite being from a fem bean, I still wish I had this particular cut of 707 around). One of the stickiest, frosiest monsters ever, her taste was like lemon-flavored italian ice, so delicious, and a euphoric high where everyone I smoked it with had silly smiles for no reason. I’ve seen three different 707 phenos grown by other people since then and none are like that pheno I had, so I know I lost something really special. Even the Lemon Tree I got is not touching her, which is why I’m probably unfairly biased against the Lemon Tree, lol. I’ve got some 707 x GDP in veg right now from Mainegrower, not expecting to find anything like my girl I lost, but hopefully something similarly good :slight_smile:

Favorite strain that I SMOKED (but didn’t grow myself)? Not a new strain by any means, but Chernobyl. There’s this girl in Boston who grows the MEANEST Chernobyl I have ever tasted, it was pretty much blowing everything else I sampled last year out of the water. Straight Comet cleaner, mouth-coasting taste. Gotta give credit where credit’s due, that gal has a green thumb and a half…

-buryseeds

7 Likes

@mentalfloss.com Bob is a grower from the pnw who holds the Pez clone, he made some s1 seed, some crosses and shared on another site.

2 Likes

Instant Cookie…

6 Likes

I have been pleasantly surprised by the few mephisto’s auto’s I’ve grown… I tried them with doing a comparative grow ( courtesy of The Vault’) at start of spring - Sour Livers … and I now have the 3 bears :bear: og for they’re next comparative… i have a made few different purchases of strains from them since, and more on the way…
The auto’s are handy for my perpetual growing style & potent too… the creme bubbly was really good and I also have a blueberry ghost og ( ossc ) mother plant, I was given it as a freebie seed and is a great smoke :dash:… so blueberry ghost og, Sour Livers and creme bubbly are my favourites of my own growing… and Critical.2 off a pal was really nice too.
Happy growing
Gaz

Oh, and strappleberry (NAW Seeds ), excellent smoke and didn’t take a cut :tired_face:

6 Likes

A good true sour diesel