FBSC Lemint Seed Run

It’s about transplant time!

12 Likes

I’m all caught up. Doing a great job. Love all the info you and @Upstate are giving, keep that up. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! I will try. I plan on transplanting them tomorrow in 5 gallon pots. After about a week in there new pots I will top them and let them go another week or 10 days then flip. That’s the plan so far. I just got back from town with the potting mix. It will just be using sta green with some azomite and green sand mixed in with it. I will be using Jacks soluble 111 throughout the grow. I’m really liking the Jacks. I started using Jacks this past outdoor season and I’m very happy with it. Bye bye miracle grow lol. I’m excited to get these plants in there new pots under some real light. My grow bulb should be coming in today. I picked out an hps that has a lot of orange, red, and blue in it. Also these double ended hps bulbs put out uv rays so I’ll be using that for the entire grow. If I need to I’ll install another hid for spectrum purposes. I think we will be good on light intensity. A double ended mh is a lot for a 4x8 tent or at least it looks like it’s plenty, and the hps puts out about 150,000 lumens compared to the 90,000 that the mh puts out. These are Double Ended numbers… We will see…

7 Likes

That sounds like a good plan. I haven’t used Jack’s personally but have heard great things and price is definitely a bonus. Good luck

1 Like

Thanks for the support! I will use all the luck I can get.

1 Like

How tall are your ceilings? I did some reading about this variety and it’s from Dankest Africa I think?
Looking at the genetic I think this one’s going to want to grow real tall. What’s the flowering time?

4 Likes

80 inches. I think @Guitarzan said 90 day flowering time. I’ll do what it takes to get a bush like plant. If the plants can handle it I will bend/break branches if I have too.

7 Likes

I transplanted the Lemints today in there final 5 gallon pots under a 1000k mh on a 19/5 light schedule. These are some stocky plants, and pretty compact. Nice root structure as well. I will be giving the pots water throughout the day to get everything seated in.
We got some space to fill…

24 Likes

That is nice root ball. :ok_hand:

1 Like

looking really sexxy there @corey

1 Like

Thanks guys! These plants immediately took off right after transplant. I mean 45 minutes and they were standing tall… it’s a breezy 85 in the tent.
They definitely like there new home! Now the next step is determining how much longer to let them veg for…

16 Likes

@Upstate how much longer would you recommend me veg these for? I do plan on topping once. Thanks!

5 Likes

@corey

Did you say jacks 1,1,1? I am thinking of using the 3,2,1 to suppliment a FFstrawberryfields soil run with autos.

I dont give much advice, just my .02. Top with 5 healthy nodes, recover, flip maybe 10 days later. I bet they wanna stretch out before even showing sex!

3 Likes

Also, thanks for all the supplimental reading links!

4 Likes

what ph are you shooting for with the jacks? and is this soil or coco? Looks great so far!

3 Likes

Not sure how I missed this thread, going to be hanging out and tagging along for the ride @corey

1 Like

Awesome bud!! @corey They are beautiful!! :hugs: :pray:

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. Wait for 5 or 6 nodes top and let them grow a while. I think these plants given there heritage would like to veg some… I have been using Jacks 111 with great results from start to finish, and it will not make your smoke harsh like miracle grow products…
Yeah I enjoy a quick read every now and then on a strain I’m growing plus a lot of it like this last link, transplanting with KK is fun for newbies and pros alike. No matter how experienced you are there are little things that can always be learned.
@PetalPowerseed it’s sta green potting mix. 80% peat and the rest worm castings, and compost. I usually try to stay around the 6.5-6.7 pH range. Thanks guys! @sprinklememaynee come take a seat bud. I haven’t even fertilized yet. I will within the next couple of days though…

8 Likes

@corey thanks for the response… Some of us were worried that blue monster had gotten loose in the house!

3 Likes

Lol! Yeah that baby does put out a ton of blue light!

1 Like