FBSC Lemint Seed Run

Very healthy and more importantly pest free!

1 Like

Thanks @Tejas.

4 males 4 females and one hermaphrodite.
@Guitarzan @Upstate. Unless you two can convince me otherwise I’m going to pull the hermi. I just can’t have those traits be passed on. I would like to hear from you before tomorrow’s update otherwise it’s gone. Thanks!

16 Likes

That’s unfortunate but could be worse. Four males and four females will make a ridiculous amount of seeds.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. With that ratio I think it would be absurd if I let one hermi in my opinion contaminate something that could be great.

7 Likes

I agree. I just killed all 3 of my male Sour Bubbles just so I wouldn’t be messing with hermies. Put a big extension on the time I need for my seedrun but that’s life. The bright side I see for you is this wont really affect your run at all.

4 Likes

You had to kill all your males??

2 Likes

Yes, all 3 started throwing pistils just as they were about to start dropping pollen. Sadly I killed the 2 Grape Punch males a week or so earlier to avoid cross contamination :roll_eyes: was a sad day, I wish it had just been one but unfortunately it was all 3.

3 Likes

Man that’s a bummer buddy. Sorry to hear that. I would like for you to post your link here if you don’t mind because you have a good thread. I apologize for missing out on the killed males. I thought you had it whooped… I have 20 bog sbt f2s if you want them to make another generation out of. If you don’t maybe we can find someone to make another generation. We need more bog gear reproduced!

6 Likes

All good bud. I just changed things up a bit but the run continues. I have already started the 3 BX3 seeds I had left along with 2 out of a Sour Bubble pack I got from another user. The 3 are doing well, the other seeds just did not grow. One cracked and the other sprouted a tap root but it took much longer. Only one of the 2 broke the surface and just died right after. Has to be those seeds as the 3 from my original pack were in the same coco under the same lights and none of them given any food at that point. I also have a half pack of Sour Bubble coming from one user and a 13 pack from another. I will complete the Sour Bubble seed run.

I appreciate the SBT offer but I have some already. After my Sour Bubble run I will be doing a seed run on BOG Lifestar as it is a discontinued strain. Will likely run Blue Kush at the same time for some buds. After that its a seed run on BOG Sweet and Sour Cindy :slight_smile: Going to be lots of BOG genetics coming from me in the next while :slight_smile: Here is the link to the Sour Bubble thread. The truly sad part was the males looked amazing in my eyes, I just didn’t want to mess with anything hermie.

5 Likes

I love your determination @DougDawson. And I look forward to your repros. I love it man! Good luck with these endeavors!

2 Likes

I apologize for not waiting @Upstate @Guitarzan but I pulled the hermi. I had too! It was prolly 4ft tall.

14 Likes

Thanks brother. When I say I am going to do something I do my best to make it happen. In this case I have to look at the bright side. I got more Sour Bubble en route from 2 members here and will start dropping seeds as soon as they get here. In the mean time I get to grow my current females out and keep them for bud so that’s a bonus :slight_smile: Sure this run will take me longer now but at least with me getting both Sour Bubble and Grape Punch smoke out of it the beginning is not a loss, just a change of plans smokeit2

5 Likes

Sorry I missed that post but I would have killed it too. Four males and four females. Good numbers. Only keep a Hermaphrodite if you have to.
This summer I kept one from South India. It was a full on male, then turned into full on female, then screwed itself. (I was a little jealous about that last part) i don’t have high expectations for the pure offspring but perhaps a cross with a stable strain will allow me to capture its spirit.
This summer two ( of 9 or 10)of the double Panama plants hermied on me. I didn’t use the pollen for that reproduction either. Good call on your part.

10 Likes

Good call man, I’d have done the same thing.

5 gallon pots eh? I give it another month, and you’ll be ducking branches when you unzip that tent. :grinning:

Seriously, fantastic job so far dude. I’ve been out of pocket lately, but there’s a bright thing at the end of this dark tube, and I’m hoping to be back in the pocket soon. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

6 Likes

@Upstate @Guitarzan thanks! I feel the same damn way! The hermi is gone!!

4 Likes

I have these damn tubes. And wire ties. So happy I pulled that hermie!!!

2 Likes

Yup​:sweat_smile::heart_eyes::joy::rofl::rofl:!!! Going to be a jungle in there! Plants are growing like…well…weeds!

3 Likes

Plants are developing! After I culled and crumpled the hermi yesterday my hands smelled very spicy…

20 Likes

Hey man, good male to female ratio.
You’re doing a great job, keep going.

1 Like

4 females, and 3 males. Another male hermied. It’s going great! Plants are getting big and robust. I gave them a half dose of Jacks 1 3 2 and magnesium sulfate. The tent is filling up. There will be seeds!!

17 Likes