Feminized seeds without the use of chemicals?

Man, you learn something everyday on this website!

That is so true. I’ve never run across one…from good companies anyway.

I usually keep the herm beans to myself and I play with them and I’m noticing that when I take those beans and I’ve been getting all females out of them.I keep them for when I don’t have time to pick out males and I need smoke as close to the mother as I can if I like her.I have been hitting them with more stable shit I have laying around and the herm issue that caused the first issue doesn’t work to herm anymore.They have eventually become more stable the more you play with them if you have the time I think you can straighten damn near any line you want.

4 Likes

I find that very interesting.

I’ve been watering my plants with ~45°F water from flip and was able to induce pollen sacs within 2 weeks of flip for what it’s worth. The plants that were further into flower (week 3 when I started) only threw few balls.

Has anyone tried root tip removal for sex reversal?

I’d never even heard of it until just now @shag So much to learn.

1 Like

How does it work you may ask?

Seems cytokinin is made in the root tips.
Cytokinin is the female hormone.
By removing the root tips you remove the cytokinin and the plant will form male flowers when the light cycle is changed.

7 Likes

Ran outta likes or you’d have one of mine. Gonna read this. So interesting how there are so many ways to get feminized seeds.

2 Likes

If something far enough out of the ordinary like icy water is what does the trick, would the herm trait in offspring essentially be a non issue unless you used ice water again?

If you found a crazy and unlikely but repeatable way to reverse a particular strain through some totally weird stress that it would never normally experience, and that trait gets passed on, would the offspring not express herming unless the same stress trigger is applied again?

I’m not sure if I’m being clear, I’m pretty tired, but this is interesting

What I mean is, if the trigger is well hidden and not easily pulled, and it gets you some fem seeds for your head stash…

4 Likes