Intersex Trait

I’ve been focused on removing Intersex Traits in Strains I have that are good but display Intersex Traits. I believe that if I breed it a few times in Regular seeds it will diminish the traits. So far it’s working.

8 Likes

it should over time. are you stress testing parents and selecting the most “male” male and the most “female” female each generation?

2 Likes

It all started by stress testing the strains I was breeding with. Then a whole world of knowledge started coming out of stress testing. Then I watched a video with Colin from Ethos and he confirmed everything I thought I was witnessing.

4 Likes

I have zero tolerance for intersex traits but I wish you the best of luck.

6 Likes

Ryan Lee (AKA Chimera) suggests that feminizing seeds would be an easier path to removing intersex traits in females. His logic is that you cannot observe the female intersex trait in males, so you have no idea if the male is passing that along. With all female breeding, it is clear which parent(s) have the intersex trait.

14 Likes

Feminized seeds are the culprit! And I’m learning it takes a few generations away from a feminized mom to clean up.

4 Likes

I disagree. My opinion is that properly made feminized seeds are just as stable as properly made regular seeds.

In the beginning of feminized seed production, this may have been true. Using stress (light/pH/age) to induce pollen would only lead to plants that also produced pollen under those circumstances.

Today, with silver sprays, that is no longer true. Reversing with silver will not produce offspring that produce pollen when stressed. This is especially if you stress test the parent stock before making the cross.

15 Likes

I’m breeding within my own strains. More rounds of regular breeding. Then when finally stabilized I can Fem it.

2 Likes

“Colin from Ethos” Dude is so far off with his theory its wild. Please do not take advice from him. I think @Tonygreen had the best reply to his Alphafem stuff

7 Likes

Colin has some how formed a cult following. I know a few people who love his genetics, but have never grown them myself.

I would take the advice of Tonygreen or Chimera over his personally.

5 Likes

Yeah never listen to anyone with a record sheet like colin does🤣 dudes fucked in the head

3 Likes

??? Not true. You’re going to have to read up or watch more videos.
Take the advice of others and don’t listen to Colin from Ethos. Listen to Chimera episodes on the Potcast, wealth of real knowledge from a scientific perspective :green_heart:

2 Likes

I know what I’ve seen. I do my own studies with lots of tests. And Colin has a Cult Following because he delivers Fire without Hermies.

2 Likes

What genetics are you working with?

I have a massive amount of seeds because I nailed it on a Thai Breed and traded a lot as people were hot for the Good Sativa. I have my own genetics I’m generating from Thai, Girl Scout Cookies, GG#4, Purple Kush and Skywalker OG. I also have some CBD crosses trying to come up with some old hippie weed. The rest is other peoples seeds I traded for.

1 Like

Holy intersex traits Batman! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Good luck and keep us posted on your results

5 Likes

My Red Girl Scout Cookies, It can turn pure red leaves if you drop the temps. And the Buds will finish Black in the bag. And it’s amazing weed with lots of resin.!
20220223_191643|375x500

He pulled his glue line at one point because they were all herms. Ha.

For all the talk of high ethylene production there has not been 1 ethylene test produced.
You can’t say it’s high ethylene producer having never tested for ethylene production.

That’s called pseudoscience and they teach that in high school biology. Maybe college freshman year bio 101 if you go to a really shitty school.

6 Likes

I’ll keep looking but what I’ve seen so far in right in line with crooked man and his crooked breeding practices. You see by nature we will do crooked things, I have in my youth on purpose and probably am still crooked but can’t see it. You see the easiest thing to do is force pollen and breed it’s clone sister. I guy now has Feminized seeds. Very hermie fem seeds. And since it only effects the sexual health and not the potency of the amazing weed it gets copied again when it hermies. And so the Beautiful Hooker just gave everyone Aids.

1 Like

I’m certainly not as smart as you about this stuff but what I’ve seen is real. I grow and test. I’m not without Scientific Experience with multiple inventions as a Master Machine Builder over the years prior to my forced (health) retirement. I respect logic! And I’ve seen where the “sexual health” of a plant is related to it’s ancestors. And most of the Genetics out there is way down on sexual health. In short you can fem a sexually healthy line and the feminized seeds will be carriers but wont hermie unless really stressed. Otherwise good feminized seeds. Fem it again and you’ve created crap. Good smoke if it makes it all the way without growing bananas. And these plants will show preflowers early. If you take a good F8 or Landrace it will not show preflowers until very late in the game. But people have just come to expect preflowers early because of all the sexually impure seeds out there. And the cure is painful. To save great strains they have to be rebred in regular seeds many times and then feminized. And the stable regular seeds have to be saved as a building block. And it takes many healthy strains to be flexible in breeding. I set out to have fun breeding and now I’m backtracking rebreeding and back crossing my strains. Unless I get bored I will continue to play with breeding weed like my daily crossword puzzle.

1 Like