Fertilizer Comparisons, Retail Mixes and Program Insights

Thank you kindly! Tons of horsepower in these threads!!

2 Likes

(VBA) Yes of course! Though excel has a datastreamer add in that does all the work to send/receive serial commands over the COM bus to the microcontroller. My macros are just basically, "if button “Rain Dance” is pushed, send “R” (the letter) to the Arduino via serial command.

Now, on the Arduinio, if it sees “R” it runs code to turn on/off pumps (15s on, 45s off) in a cycle until the res is almost empty. It turns off the circ jets and bubbler, pumps the rest, then turns itself off. Will get pics up!

7 Likes

This is awesome thank you

2 Likes

That is really fascinating man!

2 Likes

This could be much to ask, but here goes nothing - I’d love to see Masterblend and Jack’scompared to Peters Professional Combi Sol, Universol Basis and Yara Kristalon Brown. No real mixing instructions for these, so shoot for Jack’s standard 150N with CalNit and go from there? If it’s too much I understand completely, no worries!

1 Like

No worries in the slightest… I really appreciate the interest, it’s fun!!

So here we have all players clamped to a 3-2-1, 150N schedule. Just to get the ideas flowing. I just noticed the spelling of Kristalon was off there, data is still good LOL.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch, this is very useful to me. They all look good enough, but Kristalon Brown actually looks best to me. Maybe a bit lacking in Fe, but that’s easily fixed. I still like Masterblend too, but it is much more expensive here in EU:

• Yara Kristalon B: 84€ per 25kg (3.36€/kg)
  • Universol Basis: 104€ per 25kg (4.16€/kg)
  • Peters Combi Sol: 95€ per 15kg (6.3€/kg)
  • Masterblend T&V: 120€ per 11.3kg (10.62€/kg)
2 Likes

Posting a quick look at Harley Smith’s “RAW” line, plotted over time. Interesting N to P to K baton pass going on with his schedule…

Individual RAW products reference:

Backup (other bags in his line don’t contribute analyzed elements):

3 Likes

Just catching up on this now, while searching for fertilizer to use for next year’s grow.
I already use MB in my cucumber barrels…and it’s great for that. Add it a barrel, put a plant in the hole on top, done for the season. Hundreds of cukes, no weeding.

Are you using it for your weed? I’m really leaning in that direction, given the results every where else. I used one or two doses during my grow, and seemed to work well.

Lob

1 Like

Excellent charts!!
All I know where I am located at, the Master Blend T&V (4-18-36) with their Cal Nitrate, I had Epsom already, I recently, used up my first order.
Mixes to a perfect 550 PPM’s, in dehuey water, I did not increase nor decrease their stated ratio, from early veg to flower. Just added Morbloom for flower nutes and for some PH down adjusting…
After many years of premixed bottles, this was the cheapest, and most abundant year for me.
I got killer good LED’s matched with killer good and cheap, nutrient line. So freaking simple…and I like simple.

1 Like

Wow, amazing work. Exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like

Here are some charts - elemental PPM for each macro/micro over the course of each manufacturer/vendor’s feed schedule:

3 Likes

The pictures of those hills is real pretty :joy:

1 Like

LOL feel free to use as your new desktop wallpaper :rofl:

1 Like

I’d really be interested in seeing these compared to running solution grade gypsum and maxibloom. I usually do 2grams gypsum to 5 grams maxibloom in full flower. Or two teaspoons gypsum and 1 tablespoon maxibloom for everything else. Start to finish this works. I have a feeling the calcium is going to be really high…

7 Likes

That’s a really low N (compared to standard yield-first recipes) and I like that!

4 Likes

Oooh you are awesome! Thank you very much!!

Yes very low N! Could use more for veg but overall I’m fine with it. No deficiencies just a bit slower and a tad more lanky growth than if I did N heavy. In flower though it shines!

5 Likes

Ok I’m all ears
Love me some maxi series

So what exactly do you add?
Gypsum? It’s calcium sulfate? Not cal carbonate?

1 Like

That’s it.

For veg I grab a 5 gallon bucket, fill it up and add:
10ml silica
2 tsp solution grade gypsum (calcium sulfate)
1 tablespoon maxibloom

For flower I grab a 5 gallon bucket, fill it up and add:
2-3 tsp of solution grade gypsum (calcium sulfate)
1 Fat tablespoon of maxibloom.

2grams of diamondK solution grade gypsum is just shy of 1 tablespoon. And 5 grams of maxibloom is just over 1 tablespoon.

For seedlings I’ll cut the veg feed in half and I go up from there.

9 Likes

Recently I’ve had some success with these nutrients in coco for veg

https://www.manutec.com.au/product-detail/MBP1922/
They dont have too much information unfortunately

Would love to know what you think of this nutrient and what I could add for flower?

Thanks