Fighting Buddha gets Cobb’d & 2023 deBauchery

There is no pressure at this end Bro. Honoured your chipping-away at some words to help me PJ

2 Likes

Thanks for that @HeadyBearAdventures
The last bunch always gets spoiled…

You may end up disappointed trying to cobb poly(containing indica genetics) as it’s meant for wispy, pure sativas.

2 Likes

Had no idea of those specifics @US3RNAM3. Awesome piece of info !!

Thanks

Me neither

I had a good look at Frankenstein today @JohnnyPotseed
4’ tall and gangly as all Hell. Huge 7-bladed fan leaves

She’s going to be a Treasure!
!

5 Likes

looking very nice there, cuz! Can’t wait to see how she ends.

1 Like

Thanks Johnny, Soil gets amended Tomorrow, along with a good feed of worm casting tea, silica, a little boost of bat poo.

I did notice the individual branches are producing long skinny sappers in the body of the plant.

Does Frank behave when groomed or does he like to get shaggy @JohnnyPotseed

2 Likes

What do you use for silica out of curiosity?

1 Like

IMG_0360

2 Likes

Frankie takes to training very well, cuz. Just about anything you wanna do to her, she loves, and shows it!

2 Likes

Open season Bro, Thanks Johnny!!
The plan is to put a little LST in place this week, just to open the foot-print. Going to clean-up the lower third, and let’m go!

2 Likes

It is an aid to Branch strength.
Especially for the plants that have been Opened… give the structure a little boost. Thats as I understood the application @FieldEffect 1 tsp of NPK Silica / 5 gal. Real simple app.

3 Likes

For sure, I think there are huge advantages. Been reading about it and was just curious how you applied it (what form)

People use rice hulls, there’s an argument that the trace available amount in sand is adequate, monosilicic acid vs potassium silicate, other stuff like diatomite.

Still haven’t decided but value your decision. Leaning AgSil (potassium silicate) at the moment but the diatomite things like RAW NPK and Montana Grow are appealing

1 Like

Thanks for filling all those Blanks in @FieldEffect.
Definitely a situational thing, I am still trying to keep things as (reasonably) simple as possible as well .

Thanks again for confirming the merit of the Application

2 Likes

Long Limbs on the @ShiskaberrySavior, he needs more than Silica I tell ya.

3 Likes

Frankenstein (below)

SSDD f2 bx1

Cali Orange Haze

Dr. CBD

Panama Red x 4 bag-seed ladies 2022

2-views of the unique P.Red plant

Fighting Bilbo

Durban Poison

Uncle Festers Skunk #18 :skunk:

Pole Dancer

Pole Dancer Fan, Not a Fan of Pole Dancers

US22

Thai #1

And in the Wind-Tunnel; left Haffa Haze, middle US22, right Wreckage Master Bastard Kush. All hanging tough, filling in the Tripods !!

7 Likes

As far as silica goes it helps strengthen cell walls , builds up resistance to pests/pathogens and can help ease the burden of overdosing with nutes, Because most of the silicon in the plant’s crust is held in forms plants cannot take up. These include silicon dioxide (silica) and various silicate minerals. While plants can’t take up silica, they can take up another form of silicon —monosilicic/orthosilicic acid. Bacteria can convert other silicon compounds into monosilicic acid. However, this process takes weeks or months. By the time silicon is in a plant available form, the plant might be too far along in it growth cycle for the silicon to be of much value

3 Likes

Everything is looking great out there brother!

2 Likes

Thankss @TopShelfTrees1.

Thanks for the info on the Silica.
With that information out there, is there any real merit to adding Silica in to watering medium…?

Or are there more direct methods?

Great info, Cheers

3 Likes