"Finished" Room - Input Appreciated

thanks @LabRat

yep, fans, camera, and thermometer/hygrometer to be added directly.

1 Like

thanks and ya, i was surprised about how much better it looks without all the blue.

not really but i’ll be keeping an eye out. good thought though
ive done 3 like this in different setups and never had an issue and the 400 cfm for 5x3.5 i think will do well enough to keep the humidity from getting out of control. also, wood and paint don’t mold up like our lovely flowers.

not saying its a 1 for 1 comparison to the space between the mylar and wall but it gives you an idea…

Edit:
and for the record, some of that blue tape and mylar has gone through one run already and it was so stuck i don’t think it would have ever come off. i think the humidity and heat made it stick even better :grin:

6 Likes

I don’t have much to offer for input, but I can’t wait to see the output!

Looks great!

PS- thanks for sharing the handy chart!

2 Likes

i was able to remove a board that was mounted to the wall behind the mylar film and it gave me the extra 1/2 inch i needed to fit my SE3000 in there instead of the SF2000. im excited for the extra lumens im getting in there now!! it sure does glow!!

14 Likes

Ill stick around! I’m not sure why everyone thinks green lights have no effect on cannabis in their dark cycle. Do yourself a favor and don’t bother with the green light, plants do see green light. This is a common myth from old ways and should not be practiced. Study’s show its best to use a lowly lit/dim light without direct exposure.

7 Likes

thanks and its all good @OGSince03, i dont believe that they have no effect. from what i have read it is just the least efficiently used wavelength of light by plants. its really no big deal either way. im in there no more then 2 - 3 mins after ligths out just to peak in to give hugs and say goodnight. i like my green light :slight_smile:

6 Likes

To each his own! If you like it, I love it. Just thought I would put my .02 in. Best of luck!

2 Likes

ya man, and thnx again, i appreciate your input, i’ve added it to my reading list to do some updated research on.
either way though i’ll prolly keep them cuz they make me happy.

2 Likes

Looks great! I have heard recently that matte white walls reflect better than mylar. That said, my tent has mylar walls and works fine so whoo knows lol.

My only concern would be the tape losing its stick

3 Likes

That’s ultimately what is important. Doing what makes you happy! Cannabis is a highly sensitive photoperiod plant though and actually uses more green light than we once thought. While you are right about it being used less, we still don’t fully understand to what magnitude each wave length is being used. I’ve read a few recent study’s indicating that green light is used much more than we thought and any light during dark hours is enough to cause problems. However, you did state that you were only using it a few minutes after the lights went out, and this will cause absolutely no harm. I would go checking in them all time’s of the night though! Again, what ever makes you happy my friend, stay blessed!

1 Like

yep, ok cool, thanks again.

3 Likes

thanks much @anon84307778 you’re not the only one to comment on my special slacker grade blue tape. not sure if you saw but indeed the blue tape is gone and in its place i used an hvac moisture rated tape i already had so the room should hopefully be good to go. ttly didnt think about it when i was slapping it together the first time.

i’m not sure about white being more reflective than mylar as there are lots of variables there such as quality of the mylar vs quality(even/#coats) of paint job or build up on the mylar but for sure as sloppily as i put it up im sure white paint would be a much more evenly reflective surface :smiley: its cool though, it keeps the paint on the walls nice and clean so i don’t have to repaint when i relocate and that was my goal. ive had both on my walls and been happy with both, each has its application for sure.

2 Likes

Just beautiful! Good job! Can’t wait to see it in use!

3 Likes

I’d get a flood tray so you don’t ruin your nice wood floor. Otherwise it’s a freaking masterpiece!

6 Likes

Love the work ! Great job ! The door with the vents is kick ass!

Enjoy the fruits of your labour!

Calix

5 Likes

Nice work CBJ!

2 Likes

Solid setup. Put it to work :grinning:

2 Likes

That is a nice setup.

2 Likes

Ready… set… GROW!!!

That space will be excellent for you! Jealous over here! Lol

Was watching the Bruce Bugbee yt videos. He comments on the green light. These vids are worth the price of admission and then some, as they are free :wink:

2 Likes

thnx much! its working nicely :slight_smile:

do u know which vid? ive watched several and dont recall him speaking to that one yet.
i’ll keep going cuz they are great vids for sure!!

2 Likes