My growroom build under a slanted roof + first scrog

Hi guys,

Just recently joined the forum and wanted to show how i built my own grow closet.

I’ve already done afew grows in tents, but was always playing with the idea of making my own closet.
Plus we have this awful area of lost space upstairs in our hallway i wanted to put to good use.

If anyone is interested in more information about dimensions and materials just ask. I’ll be happy to provide.

I kept a nice photo-progress for me (and now you) to enjoy.
So here goes:

Here you can see the lodge tent in the room next to it. That room is also where my softbox fan and cli-mate controller is installed.
I made a hole in the wall to the area behind the closet to get my electrics and fan-tubes to the growroom.

m
The roof was a little more challenging

Rockwool for isolation and sound-dampening.

Honestly, for my first woodworking project… i’m pretty proud…

Thanks for reading guys.
Any feedback or questions are always appreciated

36 Likes

Nice use of a wasted space!! Looks good!!

1 Like

Holy crap my guy that’s awesome can’t wait to see the happy plants you put in there!

4 Likes

Well then:

My first attempt at a scrog:

27 Likes

Is that what you’re currently working on?

1 Like

yeah.

Just flipped them to flowering yesterday

4 Likes

I’m in, I’ll grab some popcorn :+1:

3 Likes

Great looking build. Very impressive. Well done sir.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot. Appreciate the nice feedback.

I’ve set up the metal bars already to attach a 2nd scrog net. I’m getting pretty ambitious this time around.

Will do a little more defoliating tomorrow since i’ve just put them in bloom.
Very curious to see what kind of stretch i’ll see.

7 Likes

Good Job ! it looks great!

2 Likes

Nice work man! Mad skills! :+1:

2 Likes

How well did the soundproofing work out? Is it silent?

Works pretty well.

I have some very minor issues when it’s colder and the fan runs at a lower rpm. Then there’s a humming sound. I only hear it at night though if i focus on it.

Helps that the fan itself is in the next room too. But i should still plug the hole in the wall that has the fan tubes (?) Running through to the tent. I bet that would easily keep the noise to an absolute minimum.

I have some clipfans in the tent itself but can’t hear them at all.

It’d say: i you’re going for stealth, double walls and filling the space in between is the way to go. There might be some materials better suited than rockwool but It fits me just fine and is a pretty cheap way to go

5 Likes

Damn…

Noticed today that my 2nd LED had half of the diodes burned out. No idea for how long that bs had been going on.

I’ve had it with those damn cheap blurple bs lights
Got mad and brainless and just ordered the first thing i found online

5 Likes

Nice build and grow,you will need to watch your temp and humidity in that small space when you run that 600w hps…

2 Likes

What the dimensions of ur grow box ?

2 Likes

Hight at highest 2m at lowest 1m35
Base is 1m2

I can dim the ballast to 400 or 250w. Also,
When i built the box i also got a Cli-Mate Mini-Humi 2x600W 3 Amp and a softbox airfan of 500m3. I’m hoping those will do the trick to keep my environment stable

2 Likes

Nicely done my friend

2 Likes

Update:

Got the new lamp after a month of waiting.
Installed a 2nd net.
I seem to have a 2-tier cake here:
Either the cola are about 15cm and just barely touch the 2nd screen or they are about 10cm higher than the 2nd screen.

I’m quite curious to see what will happen

11 Likes

Inspiring, clean build.

And thats looks like a very nice canopy. Good stuff, keep it up!

6 Likes