Firehead’s Autoflower projects

Love the purple :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

The room is done, and everything moved in.

The 2x2 tents will be for flowering photoperiod plants, and isolating males for seed runs.

I’m going to hang a light over this open floor space and use it to grow autoflower plants in larger containers, for bigger harvests

The seedling and mom hang-out (lights for moms not up yet, so they are in one of the tents)

The shelves for seed storage, smoking tools, and jars of goodness :sunglasses::green_heart:

16 Likes

Love the set up. Nice tidy storage is half the battle!

1 Like

Sure is nice and tidy, well done!

Well, with the failed germination of my Black Dosi Fire seeds, autos are back on the menu for the spring!

2 days ago, I dropped:

• 1 Spotted Lime reg seed from @JBow918 (my last one, hoping for a male)
  • 3 Cookie Devil fems from @Mr.Sparkle
  • 1 Jack Herer fem auto I got as a freebie from North Atlantic Seeds. Curious about this one, and how it compares to other JHs I’ve grown.

The Octopups are being cleaned and prepped for their next run

6 Likes

Spotted Lime didn’t make it. It germinated, but stalled out before getting any real leaves.

So, a Forum Stomper replaced it.

10 Likes

I don’t know how I missed this thread for so long, but I am all caught up now!

The new grow room that you built looks very nice!

Most of my spotted limes have been relatively small plants too, but I am growing them mostly in 1 gallon square pots kind of to be expected. Seriously frosty nugs though, amazing smell as you noted! It’s a jar that I reach for again and again!

I also ran the forum stompers from Sebring two or three times, and they were never really happy for me either. Super frosty, but I thought it was subpar smoke, and the yield was terrible for me relative to her cohort mates!

@Rhino_buddy and @firehead keep me in mind if you do end up making a seed run of the LRUV or her crosses!

:robot:

5 Likes

I have 8 LRUV seeds.

After this current round of autos is done, I’ll probably shut my grow room down until summer is over, but a LRUV seed run will be my first project in the fall!

5 Likes

I think I gave away all my LRUV seeds. I didn’t expect people to like it as much as they did. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

@ReikoX it happens. How could you know you’re strike such gold on that one auto project from years ago? But you did!

The Mango Smile x LRUV I ran also turned out to be really nice. It contains about 75% of that crazy berry sweetness of the LRUV, but yields a bit more.
When I run the LRUV plants again for seed preservation, I will probably also throw a MSxLRUV female in tent, to work as a slightly different branch of that family tree. Hopefully bumping up the sweetness even higher, but keeping bigger yields…

8 Likes

Have a dig around your seed stash bro. A fem run of LRUV would be awesome. Hint hint. :wink:

2 Likes

Today, working on my tent automation system. Running on a $15 raspberry pi zero.
Interfaces with many off the shelf Bluetooth devices. Hygrometers, soil sensors, and power outlets.
Right now, it is controlling the fans in my tents.
The humidity readings from the temp/humidity sensors tell the outlet when to turn on and off.

The graphs currently have no color, because I havent decided on a color scheme yet.
This system is almost ready for production. Once it is ready, I’ll give a couple away to OG folks to try out.

12 Likes

Love the new grow room @firehead !! Can’t wait to see what :fire: comes out of it!

I’d like to take one of my smaller grows and run everything with a Pi…

I also dig on the Raspberry Pi as well…getting the 4B with 8GB ram for a retro gaming rig running either RetroPie or RetroArch

Alaskagrown

3 Likes

That looks awesome @firehead !

Excited to see the automation at work. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Might try to find the pi zero I have now. :wink:

3 Likes

The old pi zero doesn’t have a lot of horsepower. It can run the automation and serve the web page ok. But anything else and it will choke.
The new v2 edition is supercharged, but is always sold out and I can’t get my hands on one to test with…

3 Likes

This little Cookie Devil plant got stunted by a pH mistake early on. So she’s not getting any taller than this (11”) and not much side branching.
But she looks like shes starting to mean business, and maybe she’s gonna make one giant tennis ball sized bud :joy:
It’s funny when the autos do weird stuff sometimes.

9 Likes

I’ve also got 8 SnowRyder autos sprouting now. I’m really just looking for a good male for pollen, to save for next winters breeding projects.
These snowryders have been terrible yielding plants. But they ARE potent, and I really like the smoke/high from them. So I think there’s potential here…

7 Likes

I think I may have a half dozen Snowryder beans, maybe from @cannabliss? I have not run them yet.

Good to know that they are low yielding, but potent! Maybe a good pairing to punch up something like the Blueberry autos I ran last summer. Big, and vigorous plants, but also leafy, and only medium potency…

I’ll be watching the Snowryders :eyes:

:robot:

2 Likes

This little Cookie Devil dwarf plant had to be moved or of the tent (Mango Smile and Jack H autos are massive, and too crowded in there) , and took up residence under the cheap light in the main room.
The CookieDevil smells amazing though. Like sweet-tarts candy. Very sour and sweet.

The crowded big-auto tent:

11 Likes

Even though my new grow room is awesome, and tidy, and great… I want more space for more plants and projects!
So I set up my old 36x20 tent in the space behind the grow room. :roll_eyes:
Yes. I have a problem.
But I’ve got these 3 nice Snowryder Autos that need a place to go! (That’s what I’ll tell the spouse)

7 Likes