First ever grow… little nervous and overwhelmed

5 Likes

Godspeed, you funky little thing!
May it enjoy being in that big pot full of delicious soil and may it grow vigoriously into a giant bush of delightful nonsense!!!

4 Likes

The sun will help turn it into a tree, so it is foretold! :sun_with_face: :green_heart:

3 Likes

:pray::pray: ahh I really hope so

1 Like

Have fun Jersey. Taylor ham or pork roll?

3 Likes

if you don’t want to buy growing items you can make your own with a little imagination and a drill. i made a carbon filter that did pretty good back in the day with a bathroom exhaust fan pulling air through it. it’s on the thread here. looking back, i would have used way more tape on the screen on the inside pipe holding the charcoal in but it worked pretty good, just leaked a little. maybe cheesecloth over the screen would have done it.

1 Like

Really took care of the smell??

yep. i had friends who visited and didn’t know i was growing. they smoked so i would have heard about it if they smelled anything. i went down the street with a bag and drove around for 15 minutes to get it from ‘the dude’. my 16 yo daughter didn’t know i grew either and she ended up growing a few years later after getting married.pvc pipe, a drill, roll of screen for windows, a few fittings, and i would add cheesecloth around the outside of the screen also now. notice the cooler on the light also, it made a 400w hps that was 2" from that metal cool enough to lay your hand on without burning. it was sealed from the grow chamber.

4 Likes

Haha that’s hilarious
riding around with a bag in your pocket…
you’ve been the dude all this time :joy:

2 Likes

when they say tell nobody, they mean tell nobody. had a friend of mine do 18 months for growing. i stopped when he got busted and have yet to start again. i’ve helped many friends start though. hopefully i get the license this fall and it’s all legal again.

2 Likes

I’ve only relatively recently become the dude myself. Even though its 100% legit now and i Could tell people i still don’t. Sucks too, its like the most interesting thing i have to talk about.

Most people i know don’t even know i smoke, cuz i dont need the judgement… Cant imagine the magnitude of fear/freedom ratio growing in previous eras (or some places even today)
Sorry about your friend. Hope they came out ok.

5 Likes

it all worked out, thanx. it always does, just not always the way we want it to.

2 Likes

Got some rain today… is there anything I should be doing to make sure it’s not overwatered outside or just let it filter out ? This pot has good drainage on the bottom. Update photo. Not much growth maybe a little beefier.

3 Likes

Maybe take it inside when it’s raining old wives, and perhaps topdress with some grass, nettles, dandelion leaves… :+1:

2 Likes

I checked out your post you linked that’s very cool you have skills. I want to try something similar to the carbon filter you made but my options are limited. Do you think I could get the same smell-less results if I had to feed the exhaust from a closet onto a ceiling about 10 feet away to my back window ? I have a perfect spot in my bathroom that I think I could create something similar to what you had in the post but wondering if that’s just too far to be effective in hiding the smell.

Had another storm roll thru last night and a tornado warning. Took the fella inside just in time. Good to be mobile.

2 Likes

Hows your back?
I’ve a friend who was Tired of Schlepping big pots around… so he removed the problem of lifting, and kept the portable option

Good Luck with your Grow @JerseyGrower

9 Likes

That’s awesome and great minds think alike because funny enough me and my mom did something similar where we threw some wheels on planks for my vegetable plants. I’ll upload a pic of them later just because I like how the idea turned out. I would need to build a little ramp for going in and out of the house for the pot plants.

2 Likes

Have fun improvising, we all have our tricks and needs here on OG @JerseyGrower

1 Like

i have no idea, but my first thought is too far. you would need smooth walled pipes with as few fittings as possible. you’d also probably need an inline fan or really strong one to push it with enough force to work. just make sure you don’t use that kind of dryer vent flex hose since the ridges slow the air down. it’s actually pretty complicated when you look at the flow of the individual currents at a certain speed and is unpredictable, but it always slows it down. i wish i had gone to school to learn engineering.