First grow after almost 20 years.

Hello OG!
I am an old school grower who stopped back in 2008. I learned to grow right here on overgrow.com back in 2003-4ish. My My My how things have changed… which include the laws in the state I live in now. So I thought. What the hell let’s do it! So here I am… again.

Seeds:
Started with two seeds One Wedding Cake and the other one Gorilla glue.
I have two other seeds of thousands I have collected in 35 years so I planted two of them random things as well. If they flower I should be able to tell what they strain they are. They are small little bushes so I am leaning to some kind of indica strain.

Soil and grow medium:
I did a lot of research on whether to do hydro or soil grow and I found something simple wonderful… Oh my! Octopods… They aren’t cheap but what you get is a hybrid soil and hydro. Watching the roots take over in the bottom of the pods in just 20 days is amazing! Watching these things grow inches by the day shows what a good way to grow in these octapods. I might make my own version of them maybe not we will see after harvest. I am not trying to create more work for myself. The 3-gallon version is what I am working with.

Being the first time doing a hydro soil hybrid I didn’t want to F up with the soil. So I used what was suggested and that was summer mix #4. I will be able to duplicate this in the future with my own soil mix but again I got 12cft of it so it will be a while.

Nutrients : I am from the school of less is more with cannabis. I did the research and settled with TPS one. You can do veg to flowering with this stuff. Works well with Hybrid growing. There are different products you can use at this time and at this time and at this time but why waste all that money if one thing can do it all. I don’t want to be a chemist… I just want to have a decent harvest and to get high :blush:

Lights:
This is where I have seen the biggest changes in growing cannabis. God Bless the folks who got all this LEDS stuff to work. I no longer have to use HPS lights to try and burn down my house @ a $300.00 electric bill a month. After doing research I went with three Abriselux A2000 LED Grow Light Dimmable with 5x4ft Coverage and Upgraded Larger Board, Full Spectrum Grow Lamps for Indoor Hydroponic Growing Light with High PPFD (Actual Power 200Watt). I cant say how happy I have been with these lights and at $160.00 a piece… that is cheap in my book! Never mind the energy savings!

Indoors, in garage, in a 5x5 tent. I have a GE ac windows unit that also dehumidifier and the air is pumped out one of the holes in the tent using an exit hose and out a vent on the side of the house that I installed. The AC unit was the most expensive piece of this whole thing at $349.00.

So these pics are from the last 20 days. I meant to get on here earlier but I couldn’t find the time. I will make regular updates to it going forward.,

22 Likes

27 posts were merged into an existing topic: Return to growing after almost 20 years…