First Grow - Here We Go - SPACE.U beans

Yup agreed! The curing process is just as important if not more IMO! Looking forward to the end and the smoke report!

2 Likes

From what I’ve read, this probably isn’t anything to worry about but wanted to check anyway. Some of the big fan leaves at the top of my girls are yellowing and have some brown in the middle of the leaves.I am guessing this is just because more energy is going toward bud production and growth. Am I correct? If not, is there anything I should be doing? About two+ weeks away from harvest.

Thanks,

SkyDog

9 Likes

She is shutting down.

I would halt feeding and prepare for harvest.

4 Likes

Yep this is normal for this time of the grow. She is going into senescence at the end of her time.

4 Likes

Happy dance time!!!

2 Likes

Trichomes are getting cloudy…

5 Likes

Oh man… I’m so glad I popped my head in here. These girls looks amazing @SkyDog. I definitely am glad to have these and will be popping some soon. Can’t wait to hear more!

3 Likes

Since I haven’t done this before, I’m not sure if it is typical or not but these babies pretty much took care of themselves. A little water and nutes, some TLC, & a lot of LITFA.

4 Likes

Keep us posted :wink:

2 Likes

Some of the buds…

7 Likes

Good Morning!! Let’s grow…

6 Likes

I know we are getting close now so I am trying to look at trich’s to see the differences. Three girls born the same day but maturing at ever so slightly different rates. # 1 appears to have some pistils turning brown. # 2 still looks like almost all her pistils are still off white. # 3 is the farthest along with more browning of pistils than #1. (# 2 was the last to show her sex). I have never seen plants this close before and am only going by what I have read, but these photos seem to validate my assumptions, based on clarity. Three sets of photos follow:

Here is # 1…(she seems to be right in the middle, maturity wise)

Here is # 2…(She is the least mature, tallest, and last to show her sex)

Here is # 3…(most mature looking)

SkyDog

7 Likes

One of the girls has slowed her uptake of water. The other two are still thirsty. Some of today’s photos with observations below…

The shot below shows the more mature plant on the left. Pistils are browning leaves around the bud getting some pretty colors. Plant on the right is still sucking up lots of water so will be a little behind.

Most mature below.

Middle maturity below

Least mature below.

I am not sure about any of this. Just IMHO. As far as the trichomes go, I am not seeing a lot of difference between the three plants yet except that the least mature is the only one with any clear trichomes left.

SkyDog

7 Likes

How does one put it?

They are pulling into the station.

Playing their last hand.

Pouring through childhood memories.

Just about done.

Looks like a nearly perfect first run.

These plants are only slightly more happy about that than I am.

3 Likes

I was just telling the wife today how stoked I was. I told her that there could not have been a better experience with these beans.

I know there is still more work to go. Looking forward to harvest, trim, and cure now. Definitely want to wet trim. Wondering if it is best to hang to dry or place some screens and stacked? It’s all new territory for me…

3 Likes

I prefer to wet trim and hang. I lack a great drying system, so I hang them in the flower tent, away from the light and near the air filter.

3 Likes

Well, the harvest is on. Drying time.

10 Likes

Some post harvest photos

13 Likes

Yup, I am going to grow some of these out for sure.

:eye: :candy:

:clock9: :clock9:

4 Likes

those are luscious nugs, congrats! look like you won’t be buying weed anytime soon

4 Likes