First grow in 16 years, issues. Lol

This has ripped through one plant, has started on another.

Flushed 2 days ago, still getting worse.

Miracle grow organic, with some blood and bone meal mixed in.

The other plants are sativa and doing well, but these indicas are having a real rough time

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @Greyinnam

Give us some environment variables temp /rh/ grow environment. Welcome to OG @Greyinnam

1 Like

Thx, was here back in 2002?

Didnt realize OG came back online until a few months ago.

2 Likes

Temp should be 75 at most? House is 70ish, garden is in the basement.
They are under a SF4000 light (80%)
Miracle grow organic soil, with maybe 2/3 cup of blood and 2/3 cup bone meal in 5gal buckets.
Humidity should be under 60%, we have a dehumidifier in the house set at 50%

1 Like

I’d say your soil is the problem-

I’d call around different hydroponics grow stores in your area, ask for prices of fox farm happy frog, or roots organics original for small plants.

Also find ocean forest, greenfields, or big rootz, to mix in a hot layer in the bottom when you up-pot later…

If you insist on using miracle grow, leave out the ammendments-

When you mix blood and bone meal into soil, it needs to “cook” for a month at least, preferably longer.

4 Likes

I avoid miracle grow at all costs. Didn’t know they had an organic version though. Does the label tell you what’s in it? Maybe we can see if something is missing.

Fox Farms and whatnot are good but I’ve had the most success mixing my own.

If available in your area, check “Coast of Maine”, Stonington Blend. Mixture of ALL the minerals/nutrients you need, **WATER ONLY!!" SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

MG has “bought out” several Cannabis Nutrient Companies, as have ALL the Big Agri Companies. It’s the wave of the future, “whale swallows fish syndrome!!” SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Seems the soil is too hot, could be this:

7 Likes

Consider a no-till setup. Haven’t had any deficiencies… ever, now that I think of it.

Just topdress with tree leaves, nettles, dandelion (10% calcium), thistle, horsemanure, grass clippings, kitchenscraps, the more diverse the better, and most of this can be found by the roadside or in your own backyard if you don’t mow it all the time. And it’s all free!

Also look into cover crops. Vetch works well for cannabis.

2 Likes

Thats what I was thinking tbh, but I’m not sure how to lower the manganese short of flushing the soil, which I’ve done.

I’ve got compost going, and want to switch to that, but it isnt ready yet.

Is there any way to negate or remove the Mn toxicity? Repeat the flush?

@Rogue thx man, I let the backyard get pretty bushy, will try to remember that. Sadly, I mowed it last weekend (have to mow it twice to get it knocked back down after letting it go for a month)

1 Like

I agree… avoid the miracle stuff at all cost… start there…

1 Like

Watching the vivid colours makes me think of a nutrient excess. Repeating the flush would be a way, but wait and see how the plant reacts to the first flush, there’s no instant results. If you flush excessively you will lose many other nutrients, that’s why I prefer the bottles, at least you know what you give them and what they already have … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes