First Grow: Indoor/Coco with Autos

Thanks dude!! I’ll be checking your journal out I’m loving the variety of setups and grows people have going, I’m so glad I joined the forum!

2 Likes

It’s an amazing forum, AFN was a good place to get started but the community here is unbeatable!

2 Likes

So the plants still have not stretched very much at all and it looks like the Blue Diesel plant is actually going in to flower:

I turned the light up at noon today to 100% and moved the light closer. The blue diesel is about 6 inches away now and the crop king is about 9 or 10. From the app Photone it is only showing about 135-145 PPFD on the centre tops of the plants. The pre flowers started to show yesterday and have become even more prominent today but unfortunately there has been no change in the crop king plant, including even in its height. The nutrients are 1 ml each of calmag and micro grow and bloom in 500ml cups, the pH between 6.5-7, ppm 500-600 and RH fluctuates between 38-61 so I am not sure if move the light closer and brighter is going to help, if I should move it back away and turn it lower, or if the light just doesn’t have the power these plants need.

11 Likes

Started them on 2ml of nutrients in 500mls (833 PPM & 6.6 pH, watered twice today after only foliar spraying yesterday) and so far so good I think. I may get another light when the crop king plant goes into flower. I was just planning to grow one plant at a time but then didn’t give the crop king enough time to sprout so I’m lacking in light a bit I think.

Blue Diesel seems to have some more bud sites forming

8 Likes

Watching with interest @Cocobubble !

1 Like

Greetings, your crop is very good, your plant looks great, without shortcomings.

Cultivate automatics but never using coconut, I like automatics, I wanted to ask you a question, are you applying “runoff” in all risks??

1 Like

You can put something under the smaller one to even up the canopy and maximize the light you have.
I’d avoid pest spraying unless you have a reason to think you need it.

2 Likes

Looking good, I’m growing a lot of autos as well!

1 Like

Thanks @Sasquatch :grinning: I appreciate you reading along and please don’t hesitate to offer a tip, trick or opinion, I’m here to learn!

I appreciate you saying that friend! I have spent most of my grow trying to follow directions but wondering if I was doing it right so kind words are always appreciated! But to answer your question @ocean.grower I drain the runoff after a few minutes, they are just in nursery pots with a plastic frisbee underneath one and a drainage plate actually made for pots under another, I don’t measure the pH or PPM of the runoff that often, I usually measure after mixing the nutrients but I did at first and now you’ve reminded me will start again :grinning:

2 Likes

@LennyB and I just recycled the perfect height box yesterday dagummit! Great idea and I appreciate your advice on the pesticide, gonna go with it! I do foliar feed though just to clarify my previous post, just the same dose of nutrients sprayed evenly on the leaves! Stopped on my diesel plant though since it may begin flowering really soon

1 Like

@Reefer oh I’ve been following those beauties!! I’m a bit of a lurker haha! That skittles :drooling_face: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

@Cocobubble222 Thanks for following along and for the kind words! Good luck with the rest of the grow!

1 Like

So the crop king “Bruce Banner” got its first pistils today at about 24 days old

But it does look like I may have burned it when I watered it last night, I switched to tap water I had let sit a few days and the ppm of the last few waterings may have been fluctuating too high too fast I think. The were like 733 then the next time was like 1010.

The blue diesel doesn’t seem to have any nutrient burn yet and has had some nice growth on the branches and bud sites

I’m playing with the idea of getting a second or supplemental light for the tent because my outlet is no where near maxed and I’m not sure if I should just get the same one I have or go for a blurple around the same wattage (100-120w) to give the plants a mix of light.

3 Likes

Your garden looks fantastic!

I’m also growing autos in Coco for the first time. Using autopots! 2x sunset sherbet autos day 22 (front row). 1x trizzler auto day 16 back left. 1x whiskey Zulu auto day 22 back right.

Thanks for sharing with us.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @Oheeeoh!! :grinning: how are you liking the auto pots? I would love to hear more about them, I may get some for a future grow! Sounds like you’re gonna have some tasty smoke at the end!!

1 Like

So far so good! I got these for small/fast autos they are only 2.2 gals and 4 of them fit snug straight under my grow light. (Xs2000). One weakness of my light is the light doesn’t get all the way in the ends of a 4x2. This autopot makes growing 4 small plants real easy.

1 Like

Yes I like the idea of all the plants fitting uniformly under the light like that. these pots I’m using were cheap and easy to get but with two growing at the same time they don’t fit under the light super neatly and have to be rotated.

1 Like

After watering both plants with just distilled for the last few waterings I hope I’ve got the nutrient burn sorted. They are really starting to fill out the little tent! And the Blue diesel is really chugging along into flower consistently too :cowboy_hat_face: the crop king is slowly getting more pistils but not much else!

Closer look of blue diesel bud sites:

8 Likes

Looks like things are about to get exciting!

1 Like