First Grow: Indoor/Coco with Autos

Blue has started touching my light and I can’t get it any higher so I think I may need to bend it or something, I hope it’s not too late! All advice welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah bend it over tie it down.

2 Likes

I use pipe cleaners for bending them down. Cheap and easy to find.

2 Likes

@Foreigner @Floyd Thanks for the quick advice dudes!! I noticed some of the top leaves got brown from being too close after I posted so I was hoping for some quick replies!! You rock I owe you!! Going to the dollarama for pipe cleaners right now!

3 Likes

Yikes my main cola must have gotten pretty scorched before I noticed it was touching the light! Well I suppose I’ve got the “take chances, get messy, make mistakes” part of the journal covered!

5 Likes

And also the crop king finally started to stretch!

6 Likes

Day 30 for both

8 Likes

I ended up getting another light and it arrived this afternoon! I think the tent will really start to fill in now!

5 Likes

Got another mistake to share: Overwatering and too high humidity I think! Found some mold in the Blue Diesel’s coco today.

Gonna do some research to see if I can do anything to treat it

3 Likes

Cant really over water coco

5 Likes

I water once a day to run off in 3 gallon fabric pots with coco. I see your in plastic pots. Maybe its different.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I thought too, must be from the humidity then, I see I can spray with some water and hydrogen peroxide and hope for the best!

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t be to worried about it.

2 Likes

@Floyd i appreciate your level headedness and attention to my journal and imma take your advice, thanks dude!! :grin: :grin:

3 Likes

When I first tried coco I was worried about over watering. Got told not to worry about it and realized any problems I was having were not over watering. Its more like hydro than soil in my opinion. Speed of growth etc. its comparable to hydro.
This is a link to my first coco grow. You might find something useful in the thread. I got a lot of good advise.
Hand watering coco

5 Likes

Day 36

Decided to turn the lights down to 50% since I can’t get them any higher and I also bent the main stalk of the crop kind bruce banner, meant to just tie it down but then heard a snap and it looked like it didn’t need to be tied anymore :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Your crop looks beautiful, it’s also my first coconut crop, just like you, I’m very attentive to what @Floyd rites.

1 Like

With fertilizers? Or without, brother?

Nice plants @Cocobubble

1 Like

Ive had a few runs of coco since that one. I actually have another coco run going that I started a week ago. You can check it out here Floyds tent village

ocean.grower
With fertilizers? Or without, brother?

With fertilizers, I check my runoff for EC and PH and ajust nutrients accordingly

2 Likes