First Grow, popped in April

Last time I posted pretty pictures it didn’t end well.

Jillybean:

8 Likes

The (hopefully) non-rotten remains of Laura.

5 Likes

A branch of the GSCxOaxacan that I had polinated was situated on a branch that developed rot.

Some partially formed seeds are in evidence. Will sticking the branch in water allow the seeds to mature? What sort of light would it want? Sun? low? 12/12? Nutes?

Would trimming fan leaves help or hurt? Too late but curious.

2 Likes

Jillybean. Don’t think I will get seeds.

5 Likes

No idea if the seeds will mature, but try it anyway. I would just stick her in water with no nutes. In the sun.

1 Like

Hmmm. Sun. I remember when you could step out the door and find some of that on the porch!

1 Like

Milky with a touch of… What is that… heliotrope?

Recently pruned bud of Jillybean.

2 Likes

Learning to Trim:

Dora - GSCxOaxacan

5 Likes

Haha! I cut off all that leaf. Unfortunately, after like 20 autos this season, I have become so freaking fast at trimming it’s ridiculous. I say unfortunately, because I don’t really want to be really good at something I hate. lol Rage trimming! It’s a thing!

4 Likes

Currently I am leaving anything with sugar on. I have been smoking leaves all my life. Don’t know better.

2 Likes

Learning to trim:

Nora - Jillybean

2 Likes

Or you could trim them off and use it to make edibles, hash etc…

1 Like

I remove all the fan leaves that I can get to without damaging bud, then I shape the bud to the best of my current artistic ability.
I am saving larf and shaping snips for distillate.

4 Likes

Spit out my drink! :joy:

2 Likes

I remember my first drink.

2 Likes

Laura, maybe some action on the veg growth front as an indoor grow space sprouts up around her.

Decided to let her know where I wanted her to put her attention.

Coming up on comment 200 and I am moving it inside. I will start a new thread.

2 Likes

Well I just now caught up with this thread. Sorry to see your plants afflicted with bud rot.

Whenever you spot what appears to be a limp, discolored or squiffy looking leaf (growing out of bud), give it a little pull …if it comes off/out with little resistance, there is probably rot at the stem and bud closest to stem area from which leaf was removed.
Cut away any infected areas. Over cut a little. Spray the area with H2O2 @ 3% (which may burn the buds close to where rot was). Search and destroy every day as needed. Check plants as early in the AM as possible, bud blight can really spread over night.

Perpetual vigilance.

4 Likes

Sprayed with this yesterday evening.

This morning, no new rot or WPM and suddenly both are redheads! I will break out microscope this afternoon. Are red pistils from the potassium? It’s also cold, 49 this morning. Suddenly considerably colder than it’s been.

Dora - GSCxOaxacan - she filled out in a lovely helix. I wasn’t expecting that. Buds on the branch are hard, they are softening as they dry.

Nora - Jillybean: if she’s ready, looks like there may be plenty of her. If she smokes like Ms Jill’s I will be a happy man.

6 Likes

Tarp awning needs repair. And it’s a blood chilling rain coming down. Brought Nora and Dora into the garage, hope a night of peripheral long light doesn’t stress them too much. I suspect Mother Laura needs the consistency more.

2 Likes

OOH fun with the pink hairs! It’s from the cold…quite a few of my buds make a helix as well

1 Like