First Grow, popped in April

Weather is turning pretty hard but today there is :sun_with_face:.

Nora - Jillybean:

I give her two weeks.

Dora - GSCxOaxacan

Maybe three or four if we don’t get frost.

3 Likes

Clone girls, playing in the dirt.
Nora

Dirty Laura

Dora and her little friend

Little friend. She’s marked Laura but she kinda looks like a Nora.

Another (dusty) Laura

5 Likes

Dusty Laura appears to have nannered.

I will be cautious of this ColumbianGoldxPanamaRed (F2) in the future. Produced some stunning plants though.

2 Likes

Turned blue last night.

The first plant to make it to my clothes line whole!

7 Likes

The ColombianGoldxPanamaRed’s seem prone to rot.
I pulled this little beauty up today.

4 Likes

Newb question.
I am planning on letting at least part (less what I harvest in response to rot) of my two remaining girls go until the first frost. Is this a risk given my intention to reveg them as mothers?

The idea here is to get a sense of the difference that more CBN will bring. I am in need of some tools to counter insomnia from skin inflammation and itching. The allergies, if that is what they are, have been severe. Seeing a dermatologist this afternoon.

1 Like

Come winter I will have three more sets (of 5 clumps,

I also started a worm bin. I feel that these things should be combined along with some dirt from my yard and some household items to create a better environment for my next set of OD girls.

Also considering tilling my yard/dirty blackberry garden. Is that sacrilege? Did I hallucinate a “start with a good tilling” phase of No Till?

3 Likes

Honestly, I have to till my veggie patch as I have a major bermuda grass problem. Blackberries are a bitch, you may have to till. My mj beds are living and no till though.

I recommend some barley straw for your wormies though to keep them warm. I buy mine at buildasoil.com

2 Likes

How did the Dermatologist go? I am highly allergic to my cannabis leaves, especially my Botafumeiros plant. Don’t seem to have any problems when I smoke her though. I’m also super allergic to most plants in my garden and my soil. Well whatever tree bark was used to make the soil. Horrible hives and scratching my arms off all through spring and summer. Couldn’t sleep for itching and burning. I got some sort of cream from my doc that helps quite a bit, but I had to use every day I spent in my garden during growing season and it was a lot. Really tore my skin up this year. Cortisone cream and a daily claritin help a lot too

2 Likes

Dora and Nora continue to bask in the Oregon cloudshine. I inspect them a couple of times a day and harvest buds or branches that seem compromised (bud rot, PLM, something I am calling “early dry off”) . They are both on the transparent/milky side of the harvest window.
My plan is to take all but the bottom quarter of Dora when she shows 10% amber.
I will let Nora go a bit longer. I want to see if she becomes a sleep aid as her CBN levels rise.

1 Like

Nora(Jillybean) close, Dora (GSCxOaxacan) far.

Rain. I took what will be about an eighth off each this morning. Usual hints of impending rot. Nothing serious.

Both ready. Might pull some more down today. Nothing but rain coming.

What do you think of light dep before harvesting?

4 Likes

This dipped down to 58 a few days ago. I feel foolish for thinking it might get better on its own. I mistakenly began (10/6) curing this bottle with a Boveda 62 a few weeks ago. I was corrected and took it out.

Today I stuck it back in.
I didn’t think to watch because I had heard that they take time (to settle?). I thought that meant the hygrometer would react slowly. I was surprised to see it change in about 10 seconds to 60, and then to 61. Held at 61 for an hour or so. Now at 63. (edit 62 at 2pm)

Does the Boveda want to be at the bottom? What’s the knowledge on Boveda’s bottle life? Does it become an inert bag at some point?

2 Likes

They last a long time. When it gets dry and done, place it in a ziplock with a wet piece of towel and it will re hydrate

2 Likes

We bought the Integra brand packs. They actually have a little card that you stick in there with them that changes color once the pack stops working. A thought for next time I know the Integras are supposed to last 18 months

1 Like

I think of this (on the right) as early dry-off. Is there a common name for a single bud going dry on a good branch?

2 Likes

Umm… caterpillars?

2 Likes

Really? I haven’t seen any. They cause single buds to dry out?
Do they stay on the dead bud?

1 Like

Yeah, they can. Either that or some sort of stem borer. If it’s a borer, you’ll start losing more on that branch

3 Likes

This is the way the grow shall end
Not with a bang, but a rough wind.

3 Likes

Bummer, did it take them out?